The Orlando Brown Situation

coordinator0

3 hours ago, pwny said:

You're more likely to get a better player on defense for worse [for us] value than you are to get a player who could make a significant impact in Trevor's ability to succeed.

Outside of Chaisson, I'm not sure the Jags have too much of value on defense that the Ravens could use/would want (obviously guys like Allen and Jack are more valuable, but I don't foresee a scenario where they'd be involved).

Chark being involved is more of a dream scenario for Ravens fans because this franchise has never been able to develop a #1 WR.

I think a trade involving picks only is the most likely outcome if one were to occur

• Like 1

Just now, drd23 said:

Outside of Chaisson, I'm not sure the Jags have too much of value on defense that the Ravens could use/would want.

Chark being involved is more of a dream scenario for Ravens fans because this franchise has never been able to develop a #1 WR.

I think a trade involving picks only is the most likely outcome if one were to occur

Agreed on both fronts. The defense was more of a theoretical thought than one guaranteed to happen, just to illustrate that I can't see a support piece for our QB being even in the discussion. Literally everything else is likely to be on the table before Chark, Shenault and James Robinson. 

I think it's likely going to be 25 or 33+other pick(s), as well. I don't think we're going to get out of this cheap, I just don't see how a team starved for speed on their offense is going to trade away their biggest big play weapon right before acquiring a QB with all the pressure possible on him.

5 hours ago, .Buzz said:

Semantics battle huh? I mean, ok?

Orlando Browns a very good RT and played above average out of the gate at LT in a less than ideal situation. If you want to put a label of "franchise LT" as anyone in the top 10-12 (with upside) at their position you can? That's just not what I call a "franchise" guy. 

Either way, the compensation you're saying is what I've said all along. It'll be 25/one of our 2nds+another mid round pick I'd imagine.

It's most certainly won't be a premium pick and Chark which is what I stated to begin with.

If it is, good job on taking us to the cleaners.

1. Yes semantics battle.

You clearly have a more narrow definition of the word franchise OT and chose to fixate over a triviality due to colloquial use of the term “franchise”.

2. My mistake. I suppose I was using my slash in the old English since for AND. As in 25, 33, AND conditional 3rd/4th.

There’s absolutely no way Brown Jr goes for anything less than a package nearing two 1st round picks.

Edited by diamondbull424

20 minutes ago, diamondbull424 said:

1. Yes semantics battle.

You clearly have a more narrow definition of the word franchise OT and chose to fixate over a triviality due to colloquial use of the term “franchise”.

2. My mistake. I suppose I was using my slash in the old English since for AND. As in 25, 33, AND conditional 3rd/4th.

There’s absolutely no way Brown Jr goes for anything less than a package nearing two 1st round picks.

Chad Forbes (the guy that tweeted out we are dancing) said on the radio tonight 33 and a 2022 3rd for Brown. Y’all gonna be mad.

23 minutes ago, KhanYouDigIt said:

Chad Forbes (the guy that tweeted out we are dancing) said on the radio tonight 33 and a 2022 3rd for Brown. Y’all gonna be mad.

😂 😂 😂

Yeah, this is the same guy that I also broke this gem. I wonder what happened? Why didn’t the Jets hire Pederson as he claimed?

I’ll believe EDC trades Brown Jr for 696 TVC points when it happens. As far as I’m concerned he’s lost any and all credibility after that hilarious troll attempt. Had he switched the roles and said 10 first round draft picks, I would have found this more believable. 😂 😂 😂 

On 2/23/2021 at 1:27 PM, diamondbull424 said:

Like I said, if the Ravens front office is willing to obtain only a late 1st for a PB LT that has proven he can contain some of the best edge rushers in the game, EDC tenure at GM needs to go directly under the microscope.

The 2020 NFL draft was loaded with WR talent, yet the Vikings still got a late 1st and change for a far less valuable position and with a player in Diggs, who at the time, certainly wasn’t considered amongst the NFL’s elite at the position. He, like Brown Jr was a fringe top 10 at his position within the league. Yet one plays the premium position and and the other does not. One of the guys was on a rookie deal for one more season, the other was not.

The Jags were in one of the worst bargaining positions we’ve seen with Ramsey where he clearly wanted out, he had already accrued his season, plenty of other players wanted out, etc. That was a firesale if I ever saw one. Yet their front office, that had plenty of questionable actions, still were able to obtain two 1sts and change for Ramsey.

The Ravens had an underused #3 TE who wanted out of Baltimore and were able to obtain 2nd round quality for that player who hadn’t even proven to be top 20 at a far less valuable position.

Nothing bounds the Ravens to a trade. If they told Brown Jr that we’d like to find him a new home if teams match his value and he agrees, that’s the plan; then if they don’t, bring him back and then franchise and trade him next season for only a late 1st.

But if we’re moving Brown Jr this offseason, expecting Stefon Diggs type value for him is disrespectful to Brown Jr’s level of play to this point in his career. Like people might as well spit in this dude’s face. They might as well spit on EDC for their belief that’s what they should expect of him as a GM. I don’t care if it’s “plugged in media guys” and whether they think Chicago’s pick 20 (alone) should’ve been enough.

The Chargers (#13 pick) value is at about the line of “this is acceptable” value that should be expected where it’s not disrespectful to either EDC or Brown Jr. That’s a reasonable stance. The Ravens draft history suggest they would have a great shot at replacing Brown Jr with such compensation. Anything less and there’s literally no reason why we should agree to a deal. It’s simply going to position the squad in a far worse competitive position while simultaneously strengthening our competition. What sense would that make?

Yet just because the Ravens could probably replace Brown Jr with such value, doesn’t mean they should be willing to settle for such value either. If the Ravens were a far worse organization, such as the Jags, Bengals, Jets, etc... pick 13 for such a talent would not be viewed in quite the same surety. They might also be lambasted for such a trade if made. They’d likely be demanding top 10 value because that’s what it would take for THEM to appropriately feel comfortable replacing a Brown Jr’s talent.

So just because the Ravens CAN replace Brown Jr with the Chargers pick and such a handicap is “fair” for our squad, doesn’t mean we should accept such either. In golf and bowling guys are willing to accept handicaps, in front office team building within a parity filled league, fair is getting the absolute max value that can be had.

Brown Jr is a Cadillac Escalade, we should not be willing to accept a GMC Acadia for his efforts. Not in the slightest. I’ll die on this hill.

braveheart GIFmel gibson braveheart GIF

I’ll say it again.

The Ravens aren’t a team to leak news of this magnitude anyway. The Marcus Peters deal wasn’t leaked early. The Campbell deal wasn’t leaked early. As far as I’m concerned all 3 of his Ravens related “guesses” have now gone into the trashbin after reading through his Twitter feed.

His proposed package is worth even less TVC value than the Jags pick 1.25, that was definitely an excellent troll for sure. Almost got me for a moment. Clearly his definition of “ransom” must not be very high. 😂

1 hour ago, diamondbull424 said:

😂 😂 😂

Yeah, this is the same guy that I also broke this gem. I wonder what happened? Why didn’t the Jets hire Pederson as he claimed?

I’ll believe EDC trades Brown Jr for 696 TVC points when it happens. As far as I’m concerned he’s lost any and all credibility after that hilarious troll attempt. Had he switched the roles and said 10 first round draft picks, I would have found this more believable. 😂 😂 😂 

He didn’t “break” anything there. He said the situation feels like that. A guy can’t ever make a prediction that turns out wrong or he fully loses all credibility with the reports he makes?

1 hour ago, pwny said:

He didn’t “break” anything there. He said the situation feels like that. A guy can’t ever make a prediction that turns out wrong or he fully loses all credibility with the reports he makes?

And he didn’t break anything here either. Though maybe there’s a reason I should supply him with clout/credibility. What are some of the notable stories he’s broken in the past? Just out of curiosity.

I’ll say this, the day that Chad Ford deal comes to fruition, is the last day I’m a Ravens fan until Eric DeCoata is no longer GM.

Lamar Jackson leaves the playoffs concussed and we trade his 2nd best OL for Hayden Hurst type value? Yeah that’s a full stop if I ever saw one.

Do I think there’s any legitimacy to that “sure deal”? No. But if it does, I’m out, no cap.

@diamondbull424 I don't think it has to be that drastic.

No matter what, EDC isn't going to get anything less than the top package of picks/compensation available to us. No FO is ever going to fleece us.

If EDC accepts a deal where we get a Late 1st and 3rd in exchange, then I have no reason to believe that wasn't the best offer out there.

With trades like this there's always so many variables we just can't know about as fans. How is OBJ perceived around the league?- despite how he looks on paper. Has Orlando become adamant about not playing for us in 2021? There's a lot of moving parts.

There's no way the Jags are the only team involved here either. 

I'd say, just take a deep breathe and wait for it all to play out. No point in working yourself up over hypotheticals. 

• Like 3

21 minutes ago, DreamKid said:

No matter what, EDC isn't going to get anything less than the top package of picks/compensation available to us. No FO is ever going to fleece us.

If EDC accepts a deal where we get a Late 1st and 3rd in exchange, then I have no reason to believe that wasn't the best offer out there.

With trades like this there's always so many variables we just can't know about as fans. How is OBJ perceived around the league?- despite how he looks on paper. Has Orlando become adamant about not playing for us in 2021? There's a lot of moving parts.

I'd say, just take a deep breathe and wait for it all to play out. No point in working yourself up over hypotheticals. 

Oh I’m chilling. And I get there’s a lot of variables. But if he trades Brown Jr for a 2nd and a future 3rd, I’m out. There’s no amount of justification or context for me. I’d be upset with a 1st & 3rd (unless it’s the Chargers 1st or something) but a package like that? I’m out.

I’ll still hope Lamar succeeds, I’ll watch his highlights, but I’ll wish everyone here well... then I’m out.

But again, I don’t find any semblance of truth in that rumor. So I’m chilling.

9 hours ago, DreamKid said:

Yeah this post pretty much sums up my exact attitude/feeling of the situation since that first Zeus tweet came out saying "I'm a LEFT Tackle".

Well put