The Orlando Brown Situation

coordinator0

31 minutes ago, RavensfanRD said:

I've seen some toss around the trade being Zeus Jr. and 27th for 14th, 90th and Thielen. Hard pass. They can take Zeus Jr. and that's all I got for 'em.

I’d take that in a heartbeat but isn’t Thielen a minnesota kid? can’t see them trading him

1 hour ago, RavensfanRD said:

I've seen some toss around the trade being Zeus Jr. and 27th for 14th, 90th and Thielen. Hard pass. They can take Zeus Jr. and that's all I got for 'em.

That doesn't sound terrible. Of course, I'd expect them to trade down from 14 to up the pick quantity.

52 minutes ago, Ray Reed said:

I’d take that in a heartbeat but isn’t Thielen a minnesota kid? can’t see them trading him

I have Zeus Jr. as an equivalent 1st rounder. So Me giving up Zeus (Who I see as a 1st, 27th, another first) for 14th, a 3rd and Adam... just not for me. And I can't remember where I saw this proposal. You know social media love throwing out crazy ideas, lol

10 minutes ago, wackywabbit said:

That doesn't sound terrible. Of course, I'd expect them to trade down from 14 to up the pick quantity.

Most likely, but see above as to why I'm not with it.

5 minutes ago, DreamKid said:

How about they just give us Justin Jefferson?

I don't think I'd do it, but I'd think long and hard.

1 hour ago, wackywabbit said:

No way they do that. That'd be a steal for us. JJeff has elevated his stock well above his original draft slot.

Franchise Tackle for a Franchise WR? It's not like they're getting victimized in the scenario. Tackle is the more valuable position. The boon of multiple years remaining on Jefferson's contract is obviously a factor, but it's not so crazy.

They could just draft a falling Devonta Smith or Rashod Bateman and immediately have a good shot at replacing JJ. Similar to how they replaced Diggs with Jefferson.

It could be a W for both organizations. Won't happen though, I agree on that. 

Just now, DontTazeMeBro said:

I feel like if the league valued Brown the way this forum has, he’d have been traded by now. 

To play devil's advocate Jalen Ramsey and Jamal Adams took forever to trade and both went for far more than people expected. I think this is a case where he brings so much value to us this upcoming year and we could still tag and trade him next year for (probably) a mid-2nd so we are content waiting to have our socks knocked off with an offer. I don't buy the, "he's a malcontent and we have to trade him" (not sure if that sentiment is on this forum at all).

Especially after signing Zeitler we have a great O-line and potentially bring in a Creed Humphrey-type and its tough to justify moving OBJ for anything less than top 15-20 pick.

5 minutes ago, diamondbull424 said:

So what do you feel like is his appropriate value in a trade?

The debate becomes what is he worth to us vs what is her worth to other teams. To us I think the floor of his value is something around pick 15-20. Anything less and I think its better to keep him for a year and tag/trade next year for a second.

Edited by jpeter15
clarifying value

Just now, diamondbull424 said:

So what do you feel like is his appropriate value in a trade?

If my team didn’t have him I’d probably rather take my chances with the draft. He started a partial season at LT in a run heavy offense. I’d give up a 2nd for him at RT. LT, also considering you have to pay him. Idk. A 3rd and a 5th maybe. 

I’m just going to throw this out there and note that I don’t trust PFF grades. But it does seem like the league pays attention to them and he was rated around 30(both sides of the line). I thought he looked better than that personally. But it’s something I look it when pondering how the league might value him.

• 2 weeks later...
On 1/30/2021 at 12:06 AM, Ray Reed said:

Id be absolutely floored if we got a 1st round pick for him. Would certainly be a pleasant surprise...just seems like one of those deals where we’d get back a 2nd and a 3rd or something and be sorta let down because we know how good he is at LT.

That being said my prediction is that he plays out his last year here. With Ronnie coming off a lower body injury that happened mid-season and our tackles behind that being Tyre Phillips and DJ Fluker...yeah I can’t see Eric letting that fly. Not when him and Harbs have gone out of their way to talk about the importance of getting better along the OL this offseason. 

The 1st round pick scenarios will be fun to play out in our heads the next few months at least...lol

^ When it’s all said and done id still handicap the chances of us trading OBJ at ~20% and I don’t expect it to happen, but I’d be content with all of the options we’ve been discussing lately honestly.

Dependent upon us finding OL help in FA/draft obviously

Not to toot me own horn, and I guess something could happen on draft night, but I think this OBJ situation has probably played out exactly how I predicted back in January/February. I don't think anyone offered Eric a 1st. He would've taken that. The sense I get is we've gotten 2nd+ offers, and Eric (rightfully) is not willing to move off a final cost-controlled year of a Probowl RT during a rookie QB/championship-run window.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

You heard it here first guys. Twitter account with 30K+ saying a trade is likely during the draft. Cause that's much more to our and another team's benefit. To know last second which direction to go in the early rounds. Getting the deal done ahead of time and planning out a new strategy and/or adjusting the board accordingly would be silly.

• Like 1