Dak Prescott thread

ET80

46 minutes ago, Forge said:

He's going to be a niner. It is known.

At least people will start to say he is good. Being a Romo fan was brutal on here. It wasnt until he was an announcer that people said "yeah, he was a pretty good QB". Before then, people like @MKnight82 would go around saying "Romo's a choker" in every thread. 

Edited by Matts4313

33 minutes ago, Matts4313 said:

At least people will start to say he is good. Being a Romo fan was brutal on here. It wasnt until he was an announcer that people said "yeah, he was a pretty good QB". Before then, people like @MKnight82 would go around saying "Romo's a choker" in every thread. 

He fumbled that kick though 

I honestly thought Dak's career was looking shaky after his second season I believe, when Elliot missed time, and Dak had a bad stretch late in the year where he didn't even throw for 200 yards in four straight games. Dallas lost three of those games, and ended up missing the playoffs overall. But he's bounced back, and is one of the best QB's in the NFL. I wish the 49ers had gotten him in the draft, but then Chip Kelly might still be head coach. I'd love to have him now though, but he probably won't hit free agency. Jerry will cave as usual. 

56 minutes ago, TecmoSuperJoe said:

I honestly thought Dak's career was looking shaky after his second season I believe, when Elliot missed time, and Dak had a bad stretch late in the year where he didn't even throw for 200 yards in four straight games. Dallas lost three of those games, and ended up missing the playoffs overall. But he's bounced back, and is one of the best QB's in the NFL. I wish the 49ers had gotten him in the draft, but then Chip Kelly might still be head coach. I'd love to have him now though, but he probably won't hit free agency. Jerry will cave as usual. 

That end of the '17 really screwed Dak up. Pretty much everything that could go wrong for a QB, did. And he, self admittedly, got the yips. He was getting hit hard at 3x's the rate he had been before the OL injuries. 

Luckily, it helped him improve dramatically. He put in the work to study defenses and understand when the quick hot route saves you from a concussion. It sucks because people still think back to those games and have a stigma that he is a bad QB. But if you ignore those games out, he is seriously not far off from some of the very best in the NFL. We are talking Brady/Brees/Wilson type numbers - but a little worse.  

Edited by Matts4313
  • Like 1

I'm looking forward to the day that Dak Prescott is no longer a Cowboy, which is coming.

Then Matts, Jrry and ET80 can sit around the bonfire, sing kumbaya and tell their greatest stories about the days of Dak Prescott, Jared Goff and Deshaun Watson! 🔥🍺

On 1/30/2021 at 2:30 AM, iknowcool said:

For me, Dak Prescott is one of the hardest players to judge.

Yeah, his numbers are very good. Production-wise, I can’t argue he gets it done. But when I watch him play... I don’t know. It never matches up. He looks good, but he never really looks great to me. Not consistently anyway.  

With that said I really could see him taking that next step barring a set-back from the injury. He’s still only 27 years

Same, and from 2016-2018 I held pretty firm with my eye test's grade and thus considered him nothing special but the numbers eventually submitted me into considering him a top 12 QB, franchise guy. I still don't think there is elite potential there, he's never going to be a particularly accurate passer and does not have the dynamic playmaking ability of an Allen to make up for that. I also think he'll always struggle with pressure... but I've changed my stance on him before so if he lights it up in 2021 when Cowboys likely turn to being a more pass heavy team w/ Zeke's decline and their rich WR talent, we'll see. 

2 hours ago, Nabbs4u said:

I'm looking forward to the day that Dak Prescott is no longer a Cowboy, which is coming.

Then Matts, Jrry and ET80 can sit around the bonfire, sing kumbaya and tell their greatest stories about the days of Dak Prescott, Jared Goff and Deshaun Watson!

Would we even be singing kumbaya for Wentz?

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Nabbs4u said:

Then Matts, Jrry and ET80 can sit around the bonfire, sing kumbaya and tell their greatest stories about the days of Dak Prescott, Jared Goff and Deshaun Watson! 🔥🍺

You do realize your entire damn forum will be there, right? 

4 hours ago, RandyMossIsBoss said:

Same, and from 2016-2018 I held pretty firm with my eye test's grade and thus considered him nothing special but the numbers eventually submitted me into considering him a top 12 QB, franchise guy. I still don't think there is elite potential there, he's never going to be a particularly accurate passer and does not have the dynamic playmaking ability of an Allen to make up for that. I also think he'll always struggle with pressure... but I've changed my stance on him before so if he lights it up in 2021 when Cowboys likely turn to being a more pass heavy team w/ Zeke's decline and their rich WR talent, we'll see. 

Le sigh. Same ol same ol with Eagles and Rams fans. They are so mad that the #1 and #2 QBs, franchise guys, ~$35m/yr guys were beaten soundly by a 4th rounder. Just have never been able to open their eyes to the truth.

• Not accurate? 66% comp *While his WR's have been near the top in drops every year* - Tied 5th best ALL TIME
  • But then that must mean he dinks and dunks? 7.7 AY/A - Tied with Peyton Manning (15th best)
  • Well if he throws that deep, he must be throwing INTs? 1.7 INT% - #3 Best ALL TIME
  • He struggles with pressure tho! 2.1 sack rate
  • Oh yeah, he can also run it while need be. 

And just for good measure, one of my favorite stats, ANY/A => Dak is #8 ALL TIME

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Now I know the initial reaction is "Todays stats are inflated". And that is 100% true. But you can safely compare him QBs drafted at or around 2016. So lets just say, any QB drafted in the 2010's decade. 

Dak is:

• #3 in completion % - Watson and Bridgewater ahead of him.
  • #4 in average yards per attempt: Watson, Mahomes, Wilson ahead of him.
  • #2 in INT %, behind Mahomes
  • #3 in ANY/A, behind Watson and Mahomes
  • #4 in passer rating, behind Mahomes, Watson, Wilson <= I know some of you care about this. 

So over the entire ~1,000 QBs drafted or UDFA in the 2010's, Dak is, at worst, the 4th* best QB.

*Allen is about 150 passes short for career numbers to reflect.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

To be fair: Daks passing TDs/yards arent crazy high. His total TDs/yards are pretty solid. I expect this to go up w/McCarthy as in 2020 Dak was on pace for 6600 passing yards and almost 46TDs. 

Edited by Matts4313

5 hours ago, Nabbs4u said:

We'd invite you... but there are no great stories about Carson Wentz.

(Except for that time he robbed the Eagles for $128 million dollars...)