Will this offseason usher in a new era of trading?

JiffyJag

Will more QBs demand trades from bad teams?  

20 members have voted

1. 1. Will more QBs demand trades from bad teams?

• Yes
    • No
    • pls texans trade Watson to my team

13 minutes ago, Matts4313 said:

This is wilful ignorance and you know it. He 100% said his teammates dont care. He didnt have to say their names, he knew there were a bunch of them.

Ill watch the video later and see if it changes my mind. But I saw it a month ago and walked away thinking "Sorry fans for supporting use with money. My teammates are entitles arses who dont give a damn about trying hard to improve or working harder when the work gets hard"

Then a few weeks later your QB wants to quit because the job is to hard. 😁

This video work for you? You know, Watt, hat in hand, saying sorry to Watson?

Or is Watt still calling him our here? You tell me, I might be willfully ignorant.

6 minutes ago, ET80 said:

This is the same guy who played on a torn ACL in college as a Freshman and as an NFL rookie. 

The sane guy who got kicked in the face during a game, threw a TD as he got kicked and didn't miss a snap as blood seeped into his eyeball.

The same guy who was told he shouldn't fly because his bruised lungs might rupture in an airplane... so he chartered a bus to play vs Jacksonville instead of missing a game.

I really think you don't know who you're talking about on this one. 

As far as Watt... You think his comments in a Week 14 press conference were directed towards Watson?

https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/texans-j-j-watt-apologizes-to-deshaun-watson-for-wasting-2020-season/

Watt - on the field - apologized for wasting Watson's season. Not sorry for playing bad, or screwing up on his own - but wasting Watson's year.

Seriously, man. Read, don't skim. Or, defer to a SME on the subject (me).

Did you not see the smiley face. That was clearly to troll you. 

:pats myself on the back:

"Job well done Matts"

1 minute ago, ET80 said:

This video work for you? You know, Watt, hat in hand, saying sorry to Watson?

Or is Watt still calling him our here? You tell me, I might be willfully ignorant.

lmao. One post got twice the effect. Let me find my sitck, poking you with it is fun right now. 

14 minutes ago, Matts4313 said:

Im not claiming to be 'in the know' as much as you. But I am not as ignorant as you are making it sound. Hell, I have been reading your recaps of the team for over a decade.

Then trust me when I'm saying what I'm saying right now. This could have been resolved - had the Texans listened to Korn Ferry, Omar Khan would have been named GM, then he would have fired Jack Easterby, interviewed Robert Saleh before picking Matt Eberflus (who did the interview as a professional courtesy after rejecting the first request after the Caserio hire) and Watson would be invigorated by the choices. Khan would have done his work on the salary cap, draft would have been light - but ideally you find the two biggest needs in DT and RB, punting on CB until next off-season with a full compliment of picks. Watt's goodbye would be tearful yet exciting, our dude was going to walk away on his own terms and come back for his statue and Ring of Honor ceremony. Fuller is resigned or replaced by Juju Smith-Schuster, Kenny Golliday or Corey Davis and the Texans prepare for a much different seasy.

That was all lined up - until Easterby went to Cal's house.

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, Matts4313 said:

Plus, lets be honest, you are being emotional and dramatic about everything related to the texans right. Dont deny it. "Im so numb to them" followed by 300-500 post in 2 days about how much you hate whats happening - say you are still invested. 

Yes, it's called the Kubler-Ross stages of grief - Denial, Anger, Bargaining, Depression and Acceptance.

I'm somewhere in between anger and depression. 

Heck, I created an entire KR thread with the BoB firing:

Look at what my acceptance was - and how that got tossed aside to perpetual anger once Easterby got out of the firing line.

I may be a fantastic human being, but I'm still human...

34 minutes ago, Matts4313 said:

And you would collect fines the entire time for conduct detrimental or whatever that 'covers all' NFL penalty is.

And you would do it for 5 years while everyone that lives near you or works with you hates your guts. 

So you would lose your money, your reputation, your friends and neighbors and coworkers.

What a life.

Who cares if people hate your guts you signed a contract and showed up

Every Sunday to play. 

On the mgmt side you were told

That I do not want to play for you.

The biggest problem facing management is being receptive to employees ideas. 

21 minutes ago, ET80 said:

Then trust me when I'm saying what I'm saying right now. This could have been resolved - had the Texans listened to Korn Ferry, Omar Khan would have been named GM, then he would have fired Jack Easterby, interviewed Robert Saleh before picking Matt Eberflus (who did the interview as a professional courtesy after rejecting the first request after the Caserio hire) and Watson would be invigorated by the choices. Khan would have done his work on the salary cap, draft would have been light - but ideally you find the two biggest needs in DT and RB, punting on CB until next off-season with a full compliment of picks. Watt's goodbye would be tearful yet exciting, our dude was going to walk away on his own terms and come back for his statue and Ring of Honor ceremony. Fuller is resigned or replaced by Juju Smith-Schuster, Kenny Golliday or Corey Davis and the Texans prepare for a much different seasy.

That was all lined up - until Easterby went to Cal's house.

Im not talking about what could have been done a month ago. I am talking about 1/30/2021. 

PS: Another Watson thread

200.gif

50 minutes ago, Matts4313 said:

This is wilful ignorance and you know it. He 100% said his teammates dont care. He didnt have to say their names, he knew there were a bunch of them.

Ill watch the video later and see if it changes my mind. But I saw it a month ago and walked away thinking "Sorry fans for supporting use with money. My teammates are entitles arses who dont give a damn about trying hard to improve or working harder when the work gets hard"

Then a few weeks later your QB wants to quit because the job is to hard. 😁

Are you seriously implying that Watt was talking about Watson?

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Matts4313 said:

Im not talking about what could have been done a month ago. I am talking about 1/30/2021. 

What could be done isn't really possible. I've tried to tell you Easterby is not getting fired, I've tried to tell you the picks are worthless because the talent evaluation is worthless, but you're simply not listening to me. 

Which is why this is another Watson thread.

To keep bring this back to the topic at hand since I helped derailed it and made it the Watson thread again. I think it’s still too early to tell. We had Ramsey, Diggs, and now Watson. I don’t really count Stafford since he put in the time and the Lions are at least doing right by him. Maybe I’m missing somebody else but I don’t see a growing trend yet.

I don’t think it’ll ever be like the NBA, which is not necessarily a bad thing since I don’t think you should reward bad behavior. I was against Eric Weddle public contract dispute with the Chargers back in 2015 for example. I was also against the AB thing. But on the flip side, there should be no excuse for what is happening right now in Houston. In this case, I’m on the player’s side.

Edit: also didn’t care for the Melvin Gordon sit out and complaint. 

Edited by Xenos
  • Like 1

23 minutes ago, ET80 said:

What could be done isn't really possible. I've tried to tell you Easterby is not getting fired, I've tried to tell you the picks are worthless because the talent evaluation is worthless, but you're simply not listening to me. 

Which is why this is another Watson thread.

Okay

23 minutes ago, ET80 said:

Bad sarcasm is bad.

Good trolling is good

2 hours ago, BayRaider said:

Absolutely. @Matts4313and I already said that the player should be able to state their preferences, have them deeply considered, and sit-in on all interviews.

That doesn't mean, however, that they should any actual final say (unless it's in their contract), or should have any actual control on who's being hired.

Got it. We are on the same page. I don’t fully know to what extent Watson wanted to be involved. So, I’ll just reserve judgement. I feel like more details will come out once he is traded.

Albert Breer:

https://www.si.com/nfl/2021/01/27/nfl-mailbag-jared-goff-last-game-rams

From Gambling Avengers(@GamblingAvenge1): Is the NFL entering the NBA zone for offseason player movement? QBs especially? They realize they have more control than they realized?

Gambling—not necessarily. The NFL’s not the NBA. Very few players have the leverage to pull off those sorts of power plays. Remember, a great NBA player has a lot of money in the bank, a guaranteed contract and a far better chance of sustaining a 10- or 15-year career than a great NFL player does. It’s why an NFL player is more likely to sign a team-friendly deal earlier in his career (mitigating injury risk) and less likely to stage a wildcat strike.

Quarterbacks are the obvious exceptions. Could Aaron Rodgers force his way out of Green Bay? Probably. Could Deshaun Watson force his way out of Houston? I think so. And we’ve seen others, like Jalen Ramsey, pull it off. It just takes guts of iron to do it. More often than not, I feel like, in a sport where the injury rate is well near 100%, guys will opt for long-term security. But I’d agree they do have a little more control than most realize, if they’re willing to gamble on themselves.