Lions Defense

Louis Friend

I don't have access to Detroit News articles, but Justin Rogers posted about the defense Campbell/Glenn plan on running here.

The Lions aren't going to burn everything down and start over on defense. They're going to build upon the 3-4 foundation they have, while incorporating more Saints coverage concepts and stuff from Staley's Rams scheme up front:

Lions were last in defensive DVOA last year. Saints and Rams were No. 2 and 4. If we take that a step further and considered weighted DVOA, Lions were still last and Saints and Rams were No. 1 and 2. Those are good places to be setting your sights with schematic adjustments.

13 hours ago, Louis Friend said:

Absolutely means I was wrong about the direction I believed they would go. I'm interested to see how the draft goes now. How do they view Parsons? Etc.

It will be interesting. It sounds like Goff will be the starter, at least for now. Therefore I expect they’re going to fix the right side of the oline and spend resources to increase his chance of success.