Stafford traded to the Rams for Goff, multiple FRPs

TheRealMcCoy

The Rams have a team that can win it all right now. They made a move, maybe the only move, they could make to improve their chances that much from what they were this year. 

The picks are likely in the 20s, which is fine for detroit and good value. 

Both teams got what they want from this

• Like 9

2 minutes ago, Forge said:

What had contract? Stafford's deal is great. 2 / 43

They said we were screwed with Goff's bad contract. That's the third time Snead/Mcvay gave a huge extension to change their minds within two years. We've lost more dead cap and draft picks than anyone I've ever seen. 

That's not acceptable. 

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, Forge said:

He's missed like 8 games in a decade. He's on the injury report a lot, true, but only 2019 did he miss time the last decade

https://www.si.com/nfl/lions/news/matthew-stafford-back-injury-could-be-chronic

This is what I was trying to articulate with Stafford.  Hopefully the back issues are behind him.  Back problems are no fun.  

2 minutes ago, BofaDeez54927 said:

But if Stafford gets hurt, they're f'ed

And that's why you make this deal every time. Even if the picks are in the 20s, it's good value for detroit. 

If Stafford gets hurt or something goes horribly big ups to Detroit and it's a big gain

6 minutes ago, squire12 said:

I think those picks could become early is picks more so than later in 2-3 years

No doubt that is what the Lions are banking on. They willing to see what Goff can give in the next year and if he continues to regress than they have extra picks to wheel and deal for a QB.