Stafford traded to the Rams for Goff, multiple FRPs

TheRealMcCoy

1 minute ago, JonStark said:

They said we were screwed with Goff's bad contract. That's the third time Snead/Mcvay gave a huge extension to change their minds within two years. We've lost more dead cap and draft picks than anyone I've ever seen. 

That's not acceptable. 

Oh sorry. Misunderstood

• Like 1

Snead and McVay have a lot of friends in the media. Earlier today Peter Schrager seemed to be preparing the world for this:

Like, I'm sorry but this is not how I would want my team to be run. Also, how forward thinking is giving massive barely-tradeable contracts to players and then trading them or cutting them a few years later. Seems like the definition of short-sightedness to me.

• Like 4

5 minutes ago, agarcia34 said:

McVay couldn’t stand Goff as a player. You could see it when they would show him on the sidelines. 

Glad to see what he can do with Stafford 

It’s because Goff doesn’t have that fiery edge. And there are some who think that Goff became complacent and in turn lost the locker room support. 

what else are you supposed to do as a Coach?

• Like 1

Just now, Forge said:

The Rams have a team that can win it all right now. They made a move, maybe the only move, they could make to improve their chances that much from what they were this year. 

The picks are likely in the 20s, which is fine for detroit and good value. 

Both teams got what they want from this

If the Rams feel their window is 2-3 years and they’re a QB away from winning a Super Bowl, why not make a aggressive move to get a top 10 QB in the league.

I know it’s a lot but I’m a fan of this for both teams.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Rich7sena said:

Snead and McVay have a lot of friends in the media. Earlier today Peter Schrager seemed to be preparing the world for this:

Like, I'm sorry but this is not how I would want my team to be run. Also, how forward thinking is giving massive barely-tradeable contracts to players and then trading them or cutting them a few years later. Seems like the definition of short-sightedness to me.

But it works doesn’t it. 

1 minute ago, Rich7sena said:

Schrager and McVay are friends. You're right. 

2 minutes ago, BayRaider said:

Goff was very below-average this year. I'd even go as far as "bad" maybe, but definitely below-average for sure.

Yup, don't disagree there, but so were a lot of areas of the Rams. Goff became the scapegoat for it all because it was the easy thing to do.