Stafford traded to the Rams for Goff, multiple FRPs

TheRealMcCoy

Just now, agarcia34 said:

Think Goff likes hitting kneecaps. Imagine going from living in LA to Detroit. No offense to anyone who lives in Detroit. But sheesh 

He's not going to live in Detroit.  He's going to live in the extremely rich suburbs like every other athlete.

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, squire12 said:

about half the league has some significant questions at QB going into 2021

Right? Next seasons is going to look wild. So many teams will have a new face at QB and I am here for it.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, BayRaider said:

Goff was very below-average this year. I'd even go as far as "bad" maybe, but definitely below-average for sure.

He couldn’t read post snap defenses. He consistently got fooled with coverage and threw picks to DL and LBs who would drop in coverage. 

honestly relieved he’s not our weakness anymore 

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, CAPJ said:

Anyone know how the cap is affected for both teams after this deal?

Goff is slightly more expensive than Stafford, so Rams cut some cap, and I'd imagine that they will extend and restructure to save more. 

• Like 1

The Rams definitely gave up a lot. But imo they are instant SuperBowl contenders next year now. I mean the only thing that held them back this year, was Goff. I can't believe the Lions took Goff though. But I guess it really doesn't matter with them being in rebuilding mode.

Not gonna lie, I was hoping to see what Stafford could do in Shanahan's offense.

1 minute ago, TitanSlim said:

If the Rams feel their window is 2-3 years and they’re a QB away from winning a Super Bowl, why not make a aggressive move to get a top 10 QB in the league.

I know it’s a lot but I’m a fan of this for both teams.

If they had done that, I'd have understood it. Instead, they made an "aggressive move" for an old, average QB. Stafford isn't a top 10 QB.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Rich7sena said:

Snead and McVay have a lot of friends in the media. Earlier today Peter Schrager seemed to be preparing the world for this:

Like, I'm sorry but this is not how I would want my team to be run. Also, how forward thinking is giving massive barely-tradeable contracts to players and then trading them or cutting them a few years later. Seems like the definition of short-sightedness to me.

Team hasn’t had a losing record in the four years McVay has been here so I’ll take it