Stafford traded to the Rams for Goff, multiple FRPs

TheRealMcCoy

Just now, Superduperman said:

Goff is clearly going to look worse next year, because he'll be on a rebuilding team with a new coaching staff, totally changing everything. We won't know the real impact of this trade for 3 seasons minimum

he can't really look worse, he'll just look the same on an even worse team.

2 minutes ago, agarcia34 said:

Still a massive downgrade in living conditions. I don’t care what part of Detroit he lives at. It ain’t always sunny LA 

Again, he's not living is Detroit.  And there are plenty of people who would rather live in thousands of other places than LA.  That's one of the last places I would ever want to live.  Different people prefer different things.

• Like 1

Just now, RaidersAreOne said:

I mean they got Donald in 2014 which is like 3-4 1sts in one. And they got Ramsey and Stafford out of those other 1sts which are great players.

The only negative thing this does for the Rams is that four years from now, they will probably be trash for 4-5 years.

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, Malik said:

That's why too much unless the general consensus about Goff is much lower than expected

Dude was benched for Wolford. Even after being rushed to the hospital while Goff "won" a playoff game the coach would not name Goff the starter until Wolford was ruled out due to a neck injury. That's how low they viewed him. Goff is a terrible QB. Rams are SB contenders again.

Just now, Forge said:

But you know what? They are a legatron missed chipshot against Seattle in 2019 away from being in the playoffs every one of those years they didn't have a first

At some point it’s going to take its toll. You can’t just keep dealing away cheap, first round talent for players on big contracts and not have it hit you eventually. They’ll have an aging roster with no picks to fill it back up with. Not to mention this is an outrageous overpay. This deal is absurd. 

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, fortdetroit said:

Again, he's not living is Detroit.  And there are plenty of people who would rather live in thousands of other places than LA.  That's one of the last places I would ever want to live.  Different people prefer different things.

Athletes don't live in L.A., they live in Calabassas/Westlake Village/Malibu or some other affluent suburb 45 minutes to an hour and a half outside of L.A. 

They rent apartments in L.A. that they can take their side pieces/baby mamas to.

Edited by Jeezla

1 minute ago, Jeezla said:

he can't really look worse, he'll just look the same on an even worse team.

Sorry, I meant worse than Stafford.

I've watched Stafford closely for many years. I didn't want to say this earlier in Stafford trade talks and jinx it, but I have to say the Rams got a 50/50 chance.

50% they get a smart, experienced, tough QB who's seen it all, has great arm talent, and uses a better team to take off to new heights

50% they get an inconsistent, not always accurate QB with a mild personality that doesn't really fire anyone up, and even on a better offensive team, Stafford doesn't get all that much better in winning big games or putting long winning treaks together

• Like 1