Stafford traded to the Rams for Goff, multiple FRPs

TheRealMcCoy

3 minutes ago, lavar703 said:

At some point it’s going to take its toll. You can’t just keep dealing away cheap, first round talent for players on big contracts and not have it hit you eventually. They’ll have an aging roster with no picks to fill it back up with. Not to mention this is an outrageous overpay. This deal is absurd. 

Aging roster? Lmao. We have the second youngest team in the NFL. Hate when people don’t do proper research. 

27 minutes ago, pf9 said:

Having Goff go to San Francisco would be a childhood dream come true, he grew up in the Bay Area as a 49er fan from what I can tell

Good on him, i don't want him ! I rather keep Jimmy. Brady and Rogers grew up 49ers fans as well...

1 minute ago, Superduperman said:

Sorry, I meant worse than Stafford.

I've watched Stafford closely for many years. I didn't want to say this earlier in Stafford trade talks and jinx it, but I have to say the Rams got a 50/50 chance.

50% they get a smart, experienced, tough QB who's seen it all, has great arm talent, and uses a better team to take off to new heights

50% they get an inconsistent, not always accurate QB with a mild personality that doesn't really fire anyone up, and even on a better offensive team, Stafford doesn't get all that much better in winning big games or putting long winning treaks together

How many years did Stafford have a good run game and a great defense?

Rams get to SB in 2022 or 2023, and finish top 25 pick or later - they win the deal (unless the Lions convert the picks despite being in fairly high whiff range).    

Rams miss playoffs 1 year and Lions capitalize on both picks, they come out ahead.  Plus whoever they get with the 3rd / Goff trade (more likely to get positive value if they either rehabilitate his value by playing him and hoping he’s better than 2019-20, or they take advantage of a desperate team that loses their QB in season (or just before like Min in the Bradford deal).  

If SF offered 1.12 then I’d have taken the deal if I was Detroit.  But sounds like that might not have been the case.   Who knows.  Hopefully the full story comes out in a future story down the line (more likely after all the GM’s & players have retired/left the game). 

Edited by Broncofan
  • Like 1

6 minutes ago, 49erurtaza said:

Off-season hasn't started, they don't have much money or any and no picks. But they can fix the issue. 

I'd explain it, but all of your posts, save maybe 1, in this thread have indicated you're not looking for actual give-and-take discussion... or really discussion at all.  You appear to want to express your opinion and have it validated by other people, and anyone who expresses anything contrary will be met with derision and sarcasm.

If you're actually interested in actually listening instead of just waiting for your turn to speak, feel free to get at me.

1 minute ago, squire12 said:

Build in the trenches.  Premium positions in the top of the 1st.   OT, DL/pass rusher, CB

Oh I agree but I can just see them going Waddle especially if they don't keep their top WRs. None are on contract. 

1 minute ago, BayRaider said:

Hmmmm?

So at least 6 other teams trying to trade a 1st?

Bears, definitely

49ers, likely

Dolphins #18 and Tua

Patriots, VERY likely

Washington, VERY likely

Colts, VERY likely

Anyone know the other offers?