Stafford traded to the Rams for Goff, multiple FRPs

TheRealMcCoy

16 minutes ago, Mr Bad Example said:

I need to know what sort of beef Goff is here....top round? Salisbury steak? Ground chuck? ...to fully grasp this metaphor. 

Top Sirloin- gets the job done in need of a steak. Stafford is NY Strip- a little high class but definitely not elite.

The Rams paid Wagyu Tomahawk prices to settle the differences between the two. Just not great value for what your getting. Sure it's better, but not $180 better

Edited by AkronsWitness
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, El Ramster said:

But if Det fully absorbed Goffs contract and it allows us to bring FA! I’m down. 

Not sure what the cap outlook is beyond this year, but the Rams top 6 players currently tie up 110MM (!!!!!) of their cap space on 2021.  Add in the 22.5 MM and 8.5MM of dead money for Goff and Gurley, respectively, and that's 140MM already.  So it'll likely be difficult for them to bring in impact free agents, at least not this coming year.

1 minute ago, Jeezla said:

we don't win a SB with Wentz vs Brady, so thank you. That was the Philly version of Drew Bledsoe going down.

Yeah but idk... Competing for titles every 15-20’ years or Eli Manning it. Decisions decisions. It’s weird because you’ve gotten both spectrums lol with Donovan and then Nick. 

2 minutes ago, fraziafraze07 said:

Not sure what the cap outlook is beyond this year, but the Rams top 6 players currently tie up 110MM (!!!!!) of their cap space on 2021.  Add in the 22.5 MM and 8.5MM of dead money for Goff and Gurley, respectively, and that's 140MM already.  So it'll likely be difficult for them to bring in impact free agents, at least not this coming year.

The cap is a myth my love child. Haven’t we learned this. We got big daddy Stan funding this puppy! And he’s out writing checks out. 

1 minute ago, El Ramster said:

Yeah but idk... Competing for titles every 15-20’ years or Eli Manning it. Decisions decisions. It’s weird because you’ve gotten both spectrums lol with Donovan and then Nick. 

give me the Eli every time. Competing and winning are two different things.

9 minutes ago, jrry32 said:

McVay better hope so. Because if Goff outgrows the volatility like so many other pocket passers have, the Rams are going to look like a less godly version of the Texans. 

If it was 1 year I’d see your concern.  But 2 years, and the introduction of Akers, and the commitment to their run game - should have restored the LAR pass game to its 2018 success this year.   It didn’t - and it really fell on Goff’s shoulders.   When it isn’t play action - Goff really struggles.    It’s been eye opening.   Stafford consistently worked with an inferior cast since Megatron retired.  And yet his play hasn’t really regressed.  

I covered Stafford’s value at length in the Den forum.  I posted extensively on it.   Start here at Pagé 23 and read on.  You may be more optimistic after doing so.  

Read from page 23-32.   I cover a lot of angles and I have links to his games this year to show his play hasn’t regressed (unlike Matt Ryan for example)  - I would have supported Den offering 1.9.   And I rarely take that stance.  

At the very least you get an outsider who is optimistic he’s a major impact guy.  

Edited by Broncofan
  • Like 2

2 minutes ago, Broncofan said:

If it was 1 year I’d see your concern.  But 2 years, and the introduction of Akers, and the commitment to their run game - should have restored the LAR pass game to its 2018 success this year.   It didn’t - and it really fell on Goff’s shoulders.   When it isn’t play action - Goff really struggles.    It’s been eye opening.   Stafford consistently worked with an inferior cast since Megatron retired.  And yet his play hasn’t really regressed.  

I covered Stafford’s value at length in the Den forum.  I posted extensively on it.   Start here at Pagé 23 and read on.  You may be more optimistic after doing so.  

Read from page 23-32.   I cover a lot of angles and I have links to his games this year to show his play hasn’t regressed (unlike Matt Ryan for example)  - I would have supported Den offering 1.9.   And I rarely take that stance.  

At the very least you get an outsider who is optimistic he’s a major impact guy.  

Thank you for this friend. Ran out of likes but I got you.