Stafford traded to the Rams for Goff, multiple FRPs

TheRealMcCoy

1 minute ago, jrry32 said:

giphy.gif

There are no antibodies for the Staff infection. Accept it into your body. Let it seep into the very marrow of your bones. Absord into your blood cells. Let it overcome you. There is no cure. There is only The Infection. 

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Jeezla said:

yep, I would have taken the Rams offer too. Maybe the Panthers, but most likely the Rams.

I think I would have taken the Panthers, but I get the appeal of the Rams offer, especially if you believe in goff (and should be noted that holmes and Goff obviously have a relationship between them)

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, Forge said:

I think I would have taken the Panthers, but I get the appeal of the Rams offer, especially if you believe in goff (and should be noted that holmes and Goff obviously have a relationship between them)

One thing worth remembering is that COVID has kind of blown up the pre-draft process this year. That might make future picks more enticing than they would be in a normal year.

• Like 1

Just now, jrry32 said:

One thing worth remembering is that COVID has kind of blown up the pre-draft process this year. That might make future picks more enticing than they would be in a normal year.

Fair point, especially given the handful of guys in that area who opted out

22 minutes ago, RedRams said:

If he couldn't see this coming maybe he should get his vision checked. Maybe it would help with the turnovers, too. 

It's not about whether he should have seen it coming. It's about treating a player the right way.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Matts4313 said:

Ok well then, I guess I will just take you at your word with that well thought out response. 

Maybe if you do a quick 4 second search and simply skim for 5 seconds, you'd know that he's long since explained why that's inaccurate. It's literally 2 pages back, at most. 

• Like 3

12 minutes ago, ronjon1990 said:

Maybe if you do a quick 4 second search and simply skim for 5 seconds, you'd know that he's long since explained why that's inaccurate. It's literally 2 pages back, at most. 

Do you know how much I can do in 9 seconds? 

• Like 1

I've been torn over this trade, ultimately the Lions won it but I'm not sure by how much.

It's crazy how low people are on Goff - a 26 year old QB who has been to the Super Bowl and the pro bowl in 50% of his seasons as a starter. The crazy part is that he's played less than half the seasons Stafford has, but has been to the Pro Bowl more often in the same conference. He's also never had a losing season, which is often overlooked and almost dismissed. I have no idea why. I think McVay lost his head with this trade. If Goff was so bad then we would be a losing football team and the draft picks become more valuable. 

The eye test shows us that the Stafford is a better QB and has flashed throughout his career without a sustained period of dominance. He's got no excuse now, with almost the same supporting cast as Goff had, the floor absolutely has to be 10 wins next season. The standards are very high. 

Goff will be just fine in Detroit. They will have to work to do this offseason, but Goff has the ability to be a winning QB - I mean he's done nothing but put together winning seasons in LA. I would be excited about what they can build now if I was a Lions fan - they've got a great opportunity.