Stafford traded to the Rams for Goff, multiple FRPs

TheRealMcCoy

24 minutes ago, SkippyX said:

Go look at the records of those comeback teams

His first 20 GWDs included exactly 1 team with a winning record, the 2012 Seahawks.

You can check out the rest if you like.

https://www.pro-football-reference.com/players/comeback.cgi?player=StafMa00

What an utterly useless argument. Five of those "first 20" teams finished that season 8-8 or 7-8-1, meaning that, had the Lions failed to pull off the win, those teams would've finished the season with a winning record.

Why are you going to such lengths to discredit him? You've even admitted that the metrics really don't mean much as it relates to Stafford. Why are you still going on like this? 

• Like 3

55 minutes ago, SkippyX said:

Go look at the records of those comeback teams

His first 20 GWDs included exactly 1 team with a winning record, the 2012 Seahawks.

You can check out the rest if you like.

https://www.pro-football-reference.com/players/comeback.cgi?player=StafMa00

Those teams records aren't really relevant. If anything, the opponents defensive ranking would hold some weight. But even then, the Rams offense failed to produce a 4th quarter comeback/game winning drive against the Jets and Niners this year - one bad defense and one good defense, same result. Both were also "bad teams" for whatever that's worth to you.

I don't know where to find the numbers, but I'd love to see Goff vs Stafford for the last 5 or 6 minutes of the 4th quarter over the last few years.

22 minutes ago, FrantikRam said:

Those teams records aren't really relevant. If anything, the opponents defensive ranking would hold some weight. But even then, the Rams offense failed to produce a 4th quarter comeback/game winning drive against the Jets and Niners this year - one bad defense and one good defense, same result. Both were also "bad teams" for whatever that's worth to you.

I don't know where to find the numbers, but I'd love to see Goff vs Stafford for the last 5 or 6 minutes of the 4th quarter over the last few years.

And there are things going against Stafford too.

Like this year when he should have had a 4th q comeback but the rookie dropped an easy one ftl

• Like 2

Man, I don't know if Holmes saw this coming, but it was smart to get this deal done quickly. Now multiple teams, per reports, are asking about Darnold, about Wentz... its like every middle of the road QB in the league is in demand. Stafford could have gotten lost in the shuffle and teams could have used interest in these other guys to drive the price down. I like this deal more and more.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Superduperman said:

Man, I don't know if Holmes saw this coming, but it was smart to get this deal done quickly. Now multiple teams, per reports, are asking about Darnold, about Wentz... its like every middle of the road QB in the league is in demand. Stafford could have gotten lost in the shuffle and teams could have used interest in these other guys to drive the price down. I like this deal more and more.

I would have taken the Carolina deal, but other than that, I think it was wise to get it going

37 minutes ago, agarcia34 said:

I would rather have the 8th pick in this years draft over the low end first round picks the next two years. Lions really shot their shot asking for 99 lol 

The issue was Stafford clearly wanted to be in LA and they all made the best trade they could to accommodate that.