Rams trade 2 future first rounders, a third rounder, and Jared Goff for Matthew Stafford

51 minutes ago, JonStark said:

We're gonna pay that much for Stafford, why not throw a little more in for Watson? Yeah I'm done with Snead. 

I'll give the most obvious answer... the Texans, very likely, weren't willing to take on Goff and his contract - which was an absolute contingency in any QB change by the Rams (as jrry pointed out in the other thread, Goff was un-cuttable, but he wasn't untradeable - which gave leverage to whatever team we were trading with).

I don't know that I feel this trade was necessary, but I don't hate it the same as some here do.  I don't love it, but I also don't hate it.

• Like 3
2 minutes ago, El Ramster said:

Nope. But y’all 0-3 predicting we wouldn’t/couldn’t trade those players. 

Gurley hurt the cap, but he does look done.

Cooks hurt the cap, but we did get a 2nd out of it.

It would take a superbowl to make up for losing Goff and all of those picks. Just because we did it doesn't mean it was smart to do so. 

1 minute ago, LeotheLion said:

I'm assuming, Stafford will get an extension to help cap this year. 

And then probably get traded along with the 2024 and 2025 1sts for a returning Drew Brees. 

5 minutes ago, TheOnePiece said:

Join me in the Colts Fandom. We have cookies. 

I don't know what I'm going to do. Would probably be inclined to root for the Jaguars. Or maybe the Chargers or Lions if I really wanted to punish myself lol. Coach Kneecap-breaker might be entertaining.

See, this trade doesn't bother me that much. We gave up a ton and it sucks not having any 1st round picks in about a decade, but Stafford is such a better QB than Goff, I really can't wait to see what he can do under McVay. 

• Like 2
10 minutes ago, El Ramster said:

Nope. But y’all 0-3 predicting we wouldn’t/couldn’t trade those players. 

Literally no one said we couldn’t. I laid out multiple times how it could be done.

I sure constantly said we shouldn’t, and definitely still stand by that. Because this deal is hot garbage.

Sorry that I like my team to have somewhat of a future. Hope you guys had fun laughing at the Texans situation this year, because we could be staring at giving the Lions a Top 10 pick in 2023. 

• Like 1
1 minute ago, StLunatic88 said:

Literally no one said we couldn’t. I laid out multiple times how it could be done.

I sure constantly said we shouldn’t, and definitely still stand by that. Because this deal is hot garbage.

Sorry that I like my team to have somewhat of a future. Hope you guys had fun laughing at the Texans situation this year, because we could be staring at giving the Lions a Top 10 pick in 2023. 

No where near close. We have better players and coaching... 

Just now, StLunatic88 said:

Except we might not have a QB in 2023. That’s what the Lions are banking on

We have the Wolf man. Rest stands. And if we get a SB all of our itching and moaning will be forgotten. Look at the Eagles! They’ll be in hell rotting for the next 20 years. Worth it.