Rams trade 2 future first rounders, a third rounder, and Jared Goff for Matthew Stafford

TheRealMcCoy

17 hours ago, rocky_rams said:

I guess the only difference is that the Lions were better as a team with Stafford as their QB and the Rams were being held back at QB because of Goff 

That is 100% opinion. I still don't understand how you can say Goff was holding the Rams back, as if he has that much power of the team's success, and then give Stafford a complete pass for the team's failure. No, that point isn't all that needs to be taken into account, but it's part of it and pure hypocrisy on your part. 

17 hours ago, rocky_rams said:

Every HC has flaws. I wouldn’t want any other person as our HC 

The thing is, I wouldn't either. Every time someone criticizes Mcvay, others make it out that they hate the guy or the coach. I've said numerous times that, while I don't agree with the move or a lot of his play calls, he's the one guy I would keep over anyone. 

• Like 3

• 1 month later...

Thinking about how the Eagles got (probably) a first and a third round pick for Wentz while we have to give away additional picks to get rid of Goff makes me kind of salty.

I bet if we just tried to trade Goff for picks we could've got something like that but we traded for Stafford.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, RamRod said:

Thinking about how the Eagles got (probably) a first and a third round pick for Wentz while we have to give away additional picks to get rid of Goff makes me kind of salty.

I bet if we just tried to trade Goff for picks we could've got something like that but we traded for Stafford.

Knowing what we know now, it's a pretty fair assumption to say we could of gotten a late 1st or 2nd + future picks for Goff. Seeing how desperate CHI, WAS, and CAR are right now, I think we could of gotten a decent package for Goff. I personally wanted McVay to go after Darnold, but the risk was too high because if he isn't a flop because of Gase then we've wasted Donald's prime. (I think Darnold is a stud and Gase is the reason for his regression)

9 minutes ago, RamRod said:

I still find it amazing that we overpaid for a guy that was at the end of the day, the best QB available this off season. They tried for Rodgers, probably tried for Watson, and realized chances were 0%.. let everyone hang on trying to get Watson (and eventually Russ) while we grab the guy that the league would be dying to get. We’re fortunate it was mutual. But that’s how I see it on top of letting go of a massive contract from a team MUCH more strapped than a team like the colts. 

3 hours ago, BStanRamFan said:

LFG Boys!!!!! After watching Stafford's farewell video to Detroit I got chills. Guy is a baller and I can't wait to see him in horns. He's a legit MVP candidate in my eyes. Going to roll some $$ on that. 

Same, it was such a well made video. He’s a bad *** qb, stoked to see what he can do here.

• Like 3

8 hours ago, MDY10 said:

I still find it amazing that we overpaid for a guy that was at the end of the day, the best QB available this off season. They tried for Rodgers, probably tried for Watson, and realized chances were 0%.. let everyone hang on trying to get Watson (and eventually Russ) while we grab the guy that the league would be dying to get. We’re fortunate it was mutual. But that’s how I see it on top of letting go of a massive contract from a team MUCH more strapped than a team like the colts. 

It happened. I've accepted it. But I still don't like the rationale behind the move. I think it's a risk we didn't need to take, and if it bites us in the arse, it's going to bite us VERY hard.

• Like 5