Rams trade 2 future first rounders, a third rounder, and Jared Goff for Matthew Stafford

TheRealMcCoy

1 minute ago, LeotheLion said:

Can you mention again or message me? I'm curious. 

There clearly was something about Goff that made this happen. 

The defensive part of it pisses me off though because they did have to win a lot games this year but Goff and the offense had to do that a lot in the past as well. I'd hate that type of in team fighting. 

i've already said his name before. I'd rather not because it's a public forum and really don't want his business out like that. I would appreciate if others respected his privacy as well. Especially considering the current circumstances

Edited by rocky_rams

12 minutes ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

You're from the Jacksonville area right or close to it? If you change teams, I think the Jags would be the ideal choice with Lawrence/Meyer coming to town.

But I mean despite giving up what the team did, they are better today than they were yesterday. Goff may be able to turn it around but he just had too much inconsistent play and McVay was done with him. A move was going to happen one way or another. I mean reports already came out that there was going to be a freaking QB competition between Goff and Wolford? Yeah, that was a clear leak by McVay or Snead right there. 

Rams will be fine. 

Eh, maybe. It's more fun for me not to root for the Jaguars because my brother is a big fan. I like taunting him over their ineptitude.

EDIT: I also don't live anywhere near Jacksonville anymore.

9 minutes ago, rocky_rams said:

Thats fine and all but McVay was reading the coverages to Goff 

And I expect he'll do the same for Stafford. The QB will scan the defense himself, and McVay will offer his opinions. That makes perfect sense to me. It's a huge advantage to have two different sets of eyes.

Edited by jrry32

1 hour ago, jrry32 said:

Yeah. That's what bothers me. All of that.

I wish you luck. Even if I do decide to stop rooting for this team, I won't be rooting against them. I hope they do well. But Snead and McVay went all in on the Super Bowl. And I think that was a bad bet to make with Matt Stafford. I've already explained why in our past discussions on him. If they were making a deal for Watson, I'd be celebrating. But I hate this trade.

seems like you have a similar emotional response to the team you accused McVay and Snead of. 

How did you survive the worst 5 year stretch in NFL history and now calling it quits on a team who's made playoffs three out of the four years AND has never had a losing record under the current regime? 

it's clear you had an emotional attachment to Goff dude

5 minutes ago, rocky_rams said:

i've already said his name before. I'd rather not because it's a public forum and really don't want his business out like that. I would appreciate if others respected his privacy as well. Especially considering the current circumstances

That's fine. Weird you didn't respect his privacy before but you do you. 

4 minutes ago, rocky_rams said:

seems like you have a similar emotional response to the team you accused McVay and Snead of. 

How did you survive the worst 5 year stretch in NFL history and now calling it quits on a team who's made playoffs three out of the four years AND has never had a losing record under the current regime? 

it's clear you had an emotional attachment to Goff dude

I'm not the guy making decisions. My emotional response doesn't affect anything. Yes, I like Goff. I also liked Warner. It was hard to stick by the team after what they did to Kurt, and I rooted for him the rest of his career. But I stood by the Rams after that move (even while I rooted for Kurt to succeed). I watched them ruin Bulger. And then I watched a lot of losing. We finally were moving in the right direction. I finally felt so optimistic about our future. And then they absolutely gutted me with this move. I feel that they went all in on the wrong player.

Edited by jrry32

1 minute ago, LeotheLion said:

That's fine. Weird you didn't respect his privacy before but you do you. 

yeah dude of course i do now. he's sharing info with me (which may or may not be true) at a time like this and Im sharing it on a public forum. 

Before he wasnt giving me any info so it was fine.

Especially on a blockbuster topic like this I'd rather not say.

If you really care enough, go through my posts and you'll see

2 minutes ago, jrry32 said:

I'm not the guy making decisions. My emotional response doesn't affect anything. Yes, I like Goff. I also liked Warner. It was hard to stick by the team after what they did to Kurt, and I rooted for him the rest of his career. But I stood by the Rams after that move (even while I rooted for Kurt to succeed). I watched them ruin Bulger. And then I watched a lot of losing. We finally were moving in the right direction. I finally felt so optimistic about our future. And then they absolutely gutted me with this move. I feel that they went all in on the wrong player.

how do you think most rams fans felt? I was devastated losing Warner and then seeing him as a back up on the Giants. It happens. Did you like Goff more than the team?

When have we got a first round pick right since AD99? We hit on our mid round picks and that's what we will continue to do. If not, why get upset? you've been through much worse. It's not like we are the Detroit Lions or NYJ or the Texans? 

I remember you telling others not to take this success for granted and how far we came. I respect you and all but you choosing to stop rooting for the team is just weak **** to me

10 minutes ago, rocky_rams said:

yeah dude of course i do now. he's sharing info with me (which may or may not be true) at a time like this and Im sharing it on a public forum. 

Before he wasnt giving me any info so it was fine.

Especially on a blockbuster topic like this I'd rather not say.

If you really care enough, go through my posts and you'll see

I respect that. I just asked for a private message. I obviously don't care enough to go through all your posts. You post a lot on here. 

I'll always root for Goff. He gave us all a lot of good memories. But clearly something internally caused this. I think this is an overcorrection but we'll see. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, rocky_rams said:

how do you think most rams fans felt? I was devastated losing Warner and then seeing him as a back up on the Giants. It happens. Did you like Goff more than the team?

When have we got a first round pick right since AD99? We hit on our mid round picks and that's what we will continue to do. If not, why get upset? you've been through much worse. It's not like we are the Detroit Lions or NYJ or the Texans? 

I remember you telling others not to take this success for granted and how far we came. I respect you and all but you choosing to stop rooting for the team is just weak **** to me

The team is a business, brother. I'm not part of the team. I'm a customer, a consumer. This is entertainment. They profit off of me. I love football. I love the game. I enjoy watching it. But I am under no illusions here. I know what the business model is. Kroenke moved from STL to LA because it made him money. The Rams let players we love walk when they think it's the right business decision. I have no issues walking away when I get fed up enough with what's happening. I consume their entertainment product. That's it. I hate this move, and it has me questioning if I want to choose another business. It's a lot of frustrations that built up over the years. It's that simple.

2 minutes ago, jrry32 said:

The team is a business, brother. I'm not part of the team. I'm a customer, a consumer. This is entertainment. They profit off of me. I love football. I love the game. I enjoy watching it. But I am under no illusions here. I know what the business model is. Kroenke moved from STL to LA because it made him money. The Rams let players we love walk when they think it's the right business decision. I have no issues walking away when I get fed up enough with what's happening. I consume their entertainment product. That's it. I hate this move, and it has me questioning if I want to choose another business. It's a lot of frustrations that built up over the years. It's that simple.

Of course it's a business but it's obvious now you choose the players over the team. Maybe I'm different but I can never go against the team I grew up rooting for. There's highs and lows for every team, thats what makes the experience of being a fan. 

It's not simply a business to you or you're simply a "customer" because customers arent usually this invested into something. Theres a fine line between being a fanatic and being a customer. A fan is more emotionally invested

but do what you gotta do. won't be surprised seeing you jump from team to team since your business can be bought. 

Just now, rocky_rams said:

Of course it's a business but it's obvious now you choose the players over the team. Maybe I'm different but I can never go against the team I grew up rooting for. There's highs and lows for every team, thats what makes the experience of being a fan. 

It's not simply a business to you or you're simply a "customer" because customers arent usually this invested into something. Theres a fine line between being a fanatic and being a customer. A fan is more emotionally invested

but do what you gotta do. won't be surprised seeing you jump from team to team since your business can be bought. 

Okay? I'm not part of the team. You're not part of the team. We're never going to be part of the team. This trade has broken that emotional investment for me. So now, I'm going to make a business decision on whether I want to emotionally invest in this team again or invest in another. You act like there's something chivalrous about being "loyal" to a brand that only cares about your money.

Would hate to see you go @jrry32 have enjoyed reading your stuff over the years and you've been a great contributor to the rams forum. You up'd everyones Mock draft game when you started posting. We were all in here posting C- work and then you come in and throw out A+ work. 

I was in a similar spot a few years ago when the team left St. Louis. 

• Like 1

Just now, jrry32 said:

Okay? I'm not part of the team. You're not part of the team. We're never going to be part of the team. This trade has broken that emotional investment for me. So now, I'm going to make a business decision on whether I want to emotionally invest in this team again or invest in another. You act like there's something chivalrous about being "loyal" to a brand that only cares about your money.

LOL bro youre the one who got upset when I said I wanted Rams to miss the playoffs so we can move on from Goff. You questioned me rooting against our team

of course they only care about our money but for fans its bigger than just the money aspect which is why we pay in the first place. 

If thats the case you shoulda jumped ship a long time ago. you could root for every team that wins the super bowl every year and be super happy. 

1 minute ago, holt_bruce81 said:

Would hate to see you go @jrry32 have enjoyed reading your stuff over the years and you've been a great contributor to the rams forum. You up'd everyones Mock draft game when you started posting. We were all in here posting C- work and then you come in and throw out A+ work. 

I was in a similar spot a few years ago when the team left St. Louis. 

Respect, man, I've enjoyed posting with y'all for years. Would be bittersweet to leave. 

Just now, rocky_rams said:

LOL bro youre the one who got upset when I said I wanted Rams to miss the playoffs so we can move on from Goff. You questioned me rooting against our team

of course they only care about our money but for fans its bigger than just the money aspect which is why we pay in the first place. 

If thats the case you shoulda jumped ship a long time ago. you could root for every team that wins the super bowl every year and be super happy. 

I mean, if you're copping to that, do you really have any business lecturing me here?