Stafford traded to Rams

Louis Friend

Just came in to say congrats. You guys just pulled off one of the best trades I've ever seen.

Goff is not as bad as everyone says he is. He's actually really good if you can protect him. I've always liked Stafford, but Goff became the scapegoat for a lot of issues with the Rams and deserved better. Hope he comes out and kills it for you guys. 

• Like 4

26 minutes ago, Lionized said:

Why 

Well idk, Just me thinking but it almost guarantees you'll suck for 2-3 years, just enough time for guys you drafted to buyout of whatever you're preaching. Just enough of Jared Goff to sabotage the whole rebuild imo, Just late enough picks to no matter enough.

Just not my style. I'll wait to see whats up. But It seems like his players and destined to buy out from losing their first three years in.

I don't see anything happening with this team with Jared Goff as a starter, so now is the time to find his replacement and who knows how long that'll take before we actually get it right.

The #Lions had more than 6 offers, including a few worth more than a 1st round pick. But Detroit taking on #Rams QB Jared Goff cost LA more. So it ends up as two future 1st rounders and more thanks to Goff’s contract.

Per Ian Rapoport on twitter. So much for Stafford not being able to net a 1st rd pick. Even taking back Goff's contract, this was a damn good trade for Holmes. 

Just now, Louis Friend said:

Per Ian Rapoport on twitter. So much for Stafford not being able to net a 1st rd pick. Even taking back Goff's contract, this was a damn good trade for Holmes. 

I think the general consensus was that it was a FRP plus something else.

3 minutes ago, El Ramster said:

I think you’ll love Goff. But hate him at times but he’s a great talent. Best of luck y’all rooting for you guys.. Love me some Goff. 

So I know Staffords record against good teams rivals Cousins. Tell me something!! Tell me and give me a break down. 

You won't ever regret this trade. An will consider it a steal. 

Like Honestly, I'd of rather traded with someone else, you keep the extra 1st, and we get a 1st plus more from someone else.

Edited by SimbaWho

1 minute ago, El Ramster said:

I think you’ll love Goff. But hate him at times but he’s a great talent. Best of luck y’all rooting for you guys.. Love me some Goff. 

So I know Staffords record against good teams rivals Cousins. Tell me something!! Tell me and give me a break down. 

IMO, Goff is what I expected Chase Daniel to be. A solid QB to hold the fort until the Lions find their guy. They don't have to reach for a QB in the draft, and can use their pick to address their horrid defense. 

Lions need a full rebuild. We aren't getting one of the top guys (unless Wilson falls to #7 which I doubt). This rebuild will take 2-3 years. Holmes just secured additional 1st rd picks in year 2 and 3. 

And Stafford goes to a great situation (Not Washington) where he can compete for a long playoff run. 

It rarely happens, but IMO, this was a win-win trade for both the Lions and Stafford. 

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, SimbaWho said:

I don't see anything happening with this team with Jared Goff as a starter, so now is the time to find his replacement and who knows how long that'll take before we actually get it right.

I'm willing to bet that you are pleasantly surprised with Goff. Hell he might even take that next step that most QB do at age 27 and end up being your starter when Stafford retires with us. 

Again, I like Stafford, but I'm sick to my stomach right now. 

• Like 1