Stafford traded to Rams

Louis Friend

3 minutes ago, JonStark said:

I'm willing to bet that you are pleasantly surprised with Goff. Hell he might even take that next step that most QB do at age 27 and end up being your starter when Stafford retires with us. 

Again, I like Stafford, but I'm sick to my stomach right now. 

I'll bet you money he's compareable to Kirk Cousins fall off vs some rise. We could of used cap space for other building blocks on a wasted year vs letting Goff do whatever with whatever time he'll have here.

Lions could of traded Stafford, and traded for Goff and still likely got your future 1st rdp if you were desperate to get rid of him.

Edited by SimbaWho

1 minute ago, Millenhater said:

I heard the Broncos were overnight their 1st, a 3rd and possibly a player (Locke?) Do you think the #9 overall this year is better than 2 late firsts the next two years?

I'd rather have two 1sts the next two years tbh. They can be solid trade chips at the very worst. Drew Locke is not the answer at QB either. 

Just now, Louis Friend said:

I'd rather have two 1sts the next two years tbh. They can be solid trade chips at the very worst. Drew Locke is not the answer at QB either. 

I don’t think so either but I put him on Goff’s level but for a fraction of the contract.  If the Rams win a Super Bowl and make the playoff is pick 32 and late 20s better than pick 9?  I don’t know if I think that it is.  

• Like 1

1 minute ago, SimbaWho said:

I'll be you money he's compareable to Kirk Cousins fall off vs some rise.

I'm not sure what that means, but I don't know much about the rest of your team. I'm saying that when you watch Goff, you're going to see a good QB.

He got trashed so much in LA because it was the easy thing to do rather than to admit there are a number of holes that need fixing. 

Just now, JonStark said:

I'm not sure what that means, but I don't know much about the rest of your team. I'm saying that when you watch Goff, you're going to see a good QB.

He got trashed so much in LA because it was the easy thing to do rather than to admit there are a number of holes that need fixing. 

Lol, yeah thats why you addressed the QB right?

Get outta here with this nonsense... He was traded cause he sucks/average.

4 minutes ago, Millenhater said:

I don’t think so either but I put him on Goff’s level but for a fraction of the contract.  If the Rams win a Super Bowl and make the playoff is pick 32 and late 20s better than pick 9?  I don’t know if I think that it is.  

It's not, don't let the rosey checks make you fall in love with this.

Only way this looks good is if you draft a stud/HOF with those picks or use them to trade/draft a HOF/great player.

Edited by SimbaWho

1 minute ago, SimbaWho said:

Lol, yeah thats why you addressed the QB right?

Get outta here with this nonsense... He was traded cause he sucks/average.

You clearly don't know what you're talking about or understand what I watched with my Rams, so instead of letting it contribute to my already insane amount of anger I have right now, we can just agree to disagree.

Have a good night man. 

Just now, SimbaWho said:

It's not, don't let the rosey checks make you fall in love with this.

Yeah that’s what i’m Coming around to.  I think I’d rather get a blue chip prospect than 2 good players.  But 2 1s is good.  Just sucks that we are going to destroy our cap with Goff.  That and they are basically going to be 2nd round picks.  But who knows maybe Stafford gets injured and we get a high pick or two.

• Like 1

Just now, JonStark said:

You clearly don't know what you're talking about or understand what I watched with my Rams, so instead of letting it contribute to my already insane amount of anger I have right now, we can just agree to disagree.

Have a good night man. 

Welcome to the Lions den... This is Simba. 

Thank you for your insight though. It's appreciated. Take care of Stafford. He's a classy guy. Easy to root for. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, JonStark said:

Have a good night man. 

You're welcome to your own opinion but I know what I'm talking about.

Have a good night.

2 minutes ago, JonStark said:

Have a good night man. 

I think Goff wouldn’t be such a bad option as a stop gap if he’s contract wasn’t so big.  How is he throwing outdoors and in cold weather?  Has his small hand size ended up to be a issue or has that just been a non factor?

1 minute ago, Louis Friend said:

Welcome to the Lions den... This is Simba. 

Thank you for your insight though. It's appreciated. Take care of Stafford. He's a classy guy. Easy to root for. 

Always loved Stafford. I'm sick to my stomach losing Goff and those picks, but I'm happy we got a player than I've always enjoyed watching. 

4 minutes ago, Millenhater said:

Yeah that’s what i’m Coming around to.  I think I’d rather get a blue chip prospect than 2 good players.  But 2 1s is good.  Just sucks that we are going to destroy our cap with Goff.  That and they are basically going to be 2nd round picks.  But who knows maybe Stafford gets injured and we get a high pick or two.

WHAT?!? 

A trade would trigger a cap charge of only $22.2 million, which is manageable. The problem for the Rams will be finding a team that willingly takes on his contract, which carries $43.325 million in fully-guaranteed payments due in 2021 and 2022.

Jared Goffs contract

Because of being traded, Lions are on the hook for $43 million for Goff over the next two seasons... ironically, the same amount owed to Stafford. 

We didn't gain cap space with this move, but we didn't destroy it either. 

Edited by Louis Friend

Just now, Millenhater said:

I think Goff wouldn’t be such a bad option as a stop gap if he’s contract wasn’t so big.  How is he throwing outdoors and in cold weather?  Has his small hand size ended up to be a issue or has that just been a non factor?

Cold weather thing might be overblown. We just don't know because the sample size is small and the first couple times were against elite defenses.

He looked pretty good against GB with a broken thumb. That thing clearly wasn't healed, and while he wasn't asked to do a lot, his passes looked good.