Stafford traded to Rams

Louis Friend

5 minutes ago, Millenhater said:

Obviously a lot can change between now and next year but none of the QB prospects interest me out of the 2022 class.  If we miss out/pass on one of the big 4 this year I wouldn’t mind trading down and getting a ton of picks for 2022 and 2023.  Passing on a QB next year.  Find a way to draft the DE out of Oregon and Stingley out of LSU and make a move for our QB in 23.  Sort of like how the Rams/Eagles did for their QB.  You can say it failed but both teams were able to make the super bowl with that strategy.  

Every year you have a QB that comes out of nowhere. Who knows you'll be the top guys in 2022. But outside of the top 3, I wouldn't draft a QB at #7. If we were to move down and gain extra picks, I wouldn't mind taking a flyer on another QB, but at #7, I'm sticking to BPA and that's not a QB unless Fields/Wilson fall.

1 hour ago, TL-TwoWinsAway said:

So unnecessarily and uselessly arrogant. You didn't "know" this. You "knew" none of it. Some players were against the "culture", while many came out in support of it. (Slay himself said that there weren't issues after the first year.)

Stafford never quit on this team. Stafford never took plays off and spoke ill of the coaching staff behind their backs. Stafford was the same person and professional he always had been.

Not comparable, like usual. 

It's nearly an identical situation. One just happened before you flipped on Patricia and one happened after. 

When did Slay take plays off? When did he quit on the team? Both Slay and Stafford requested to be traded, I don't see how one quit on the team without the other doing the same. 

Slay hinted displeasure on twitter. Stafford gave an interview after the Houston game where he the opportunity to support Patricia and instead gave a very political non supportive statement. I don't see how one way of showing displeasure is vastly more egregious than the other. 

1 hour ago, Millenhater said:

Obviously a lot can change between now and next year but none of the QB prospects interest me out of the 2022 class.  If we miss out/pass on one of the big 4 this year I wouldn’t mind trading down and getting a ton of picks for 2022 and 2023.  Passing on a QB next year.  Find a way to draft the DE out of Oregon and Stingley out of LSU and make a move for our QB in 23.  Sort of like how the Rams/Eagles did for their QB.  You can say it failed but both teams were able to make the super bowl with that strategy.  

I’m on the Sam bandwagon. He does have a ton of weapons at NC so to get near 70 tds in two years is nuts even with the talent. I know he’s shorter but his deep ball is accurate 

Edited by detfan782004

6 minutes ago, detfan782004 said:

I’m on the Sam bandwagon. He does have a ton of weapons at NC so to get near 70 tds in two years is nuts even with the talent. I know he’s shorter but his deep ball is accurate 

I’ve seen this guy play a little bit and right now he’s the best of the bunch for sure.  I can’t tell if he has great arm strength or not.  After a year of Goff we are going to want it for sure.  

Honestly I’m good with Lance at 7.  He has his issues but with Goff I think he is set up to be really successful. 

23 minutes ago, Nnivolcm said:

It's nearly an identical situation. One just happened before you flipped on Patricia and one happened after. 

When did Slay take plays off? When did he quit on the team? Both Slay and Stafford requested to be traded, I don't see how one quit on the team without the other doing the same. 

Slay hinted displeasure on twitter. Stafford gave an interview after the Houston game where he the opportunity to support Patricia and instead gave a very political non supportive statement. I don't see how one way of showing displeasure is vastly more egregious than the other. 

You don't think Slay speaking negatively about Patricia and the coaching staff to other players on the defense for a full year is any different than Stafford approaching the front office after the season and requesting a trade to a competitive team? (Especially after dedicating 12 years of his life to this losing franchise.)

The Slay stuff has been discussed repeatedly. I have no interest in going over it again for you. They are completely different situations. I mean, it's not even close. Feel free to disagree: we'll agree on that.

Edited by TL-TwoWinsAway

Just now, TL-TwoWinsAway said:

A shrewd move. If they could get even a late 1st for him this year, you traded Stafford for a 2021 1st, 2021 3rd, 2022 1st and a 2023 1st. That would be nuts.

Seriously it would be crazy.  I would have to take back everything I said about Holmes(gladly).  If he were to do something like this it wouldn’t happen until after the new year most likely the draft.  Even trading him for a 2nd in 2022 would be a major score in my opinion. 

14 hours ago, RaidersAreOne said:

I'm curious as I don't know if I have ventured in this forum before. Do you have an in with a Lions insider or you read this somewhere? 

Multiple other tweets around the league this is just one of them showing there is interest in him. 

18 minutes ago, TL-TwoWinsAway said:

You don't think Slay speaking negatively about Patricia and the coaching staff to other players on the defense for a full year is any different than Stafford approaching the front office after the season and requesting a trade to a competitive team? (Especially after dedicating 12 years of his life to this losing franchise.)

The Slay stuff has been discussed repeatedly. I have no interest in going over it again for you. They are completely different situations. I mean, it's not even close. Feel free to disagree: we'll agree on that.

You're ignoring Stafford publicly not supporting Patricia during the season when reporters asked if Patricia should be fired or not. I haven't seen any reports of what Slay was saying in the locker room, but if you treat people like garbage they're probably going to talk about how you're treating them like garbage. 

Slay dedicated the prime of his career to the same losing franchise Stafford did. CBs typically don't have as long of careers as franchise QBs. Once again their situations are nearly the same. You just flipped on Patricia between the two events.