Jump to content

Goodbye Matthew Stafford


Recommended Posts

On 1/31/2021 at 9:46 AM, HashtagFTW said:

Rooting for Matt, but rooting against Kelly. Hope Matt cheats on her right after his first super bowl victory. 

Ouch man. I usually like your takes - even the ones that are a bit more... "out there"... - but this one is too rough for my taste.

She had to read article after article of others harshly criticizing someone she cares deeply about. Fans questioning his durability, his heart, his ability; even sometimes his leadership. Sure, that all comes with the territory, but so does return criticism from someone close to that person. Just as I won't blame journalists and fans for their opinion, I won't blame hers for her own.

And I certainly won't hope for hardship at home between them. Not only would it do emotional harm to them, it would have an adverse affect on their kids. I don't want that.

(There's a chance that I went too far here, and that it was just a joke. If so... oops?)

Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, TL-TwoWinsAway said:

Ouch man. I usually like your takes - even the ones that are a bit more... "out there"... - but this one is too rough for my taste.

She had to read article after article of others harshly criticizing someone she cares deeply about. Fans questioning his durability, his heart, his ability; even sometimes his leadership. Sure, that all comes with the territory, but so does return criticism from someone close to that person. Just as I won't blame journalists and fans for their opinion, I won't blame hers for her own.

And I certainly won't hope for hardship at home between them. Not only would it do emotional harm to them, it would have an adverse affect on their kids. I don't want that.

(There's a chance that I went too far here, and that it was just a joke. If so... oops?)

I think he's talking about her overall behavior and not necessarily how she interacted with Lions fans. Without getting into politics, some of her remarks over this past year (and previously) are very tone deaf and out of touch with a large portion of the population that makes up Lions football. I don't wish any ill of her, but she won't be missed.

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Louis Friend said:

I think he's talking about her overall behavior and not necessarily how she interacted with Lions fans. Without getting into politics, some of her remarks over this past year (and previously) are very tone deaf and out of touch with a large portion of the population that makes up Lions football. I don't wish any ill of her, but she won't be missed.

Just so we're on the same page: that one comment about Michigan being a "dictatorship"? Was there more? (Honestly curious. I have no idea.)

Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, TL-TwoWinsAway said:

Just so we're on the same page: that one comment about Michigan being a "dictatorship"? Was there more? (Honestly curious. I have no idea.)

There's been more. She's had to walk back on a few of her posts, including against Kaepernick. I'll leave it at that, as it probably goes against board rules to post some of the things and get into this discussion, but you can look up her twitter and google some of her remarks over the years. I think she'll fit right in with the L.A. (or Newport beach) media, but Detroit was not the spot for her. 

 

Edited by Louis Friend
Spelling sucks today :-(
  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Louis Friend said:

There's been more. She's had to walk back on a few our of her posts, including against Kaepernick. I'll leave it at that, as it probably goes against board rules to post some of the things and get into this discussion, but you can look up her twitter and good some of her remarks over the years. I think she'll fit right in with the L.A. (or Newport beach) media, but Detroit was not the spot for her. 

 

Interesting. I'll do some research. Thanks for the clarification.

Link to post
Share on other sites
18 hours ago, Louis Friend said:

I think he's talking about her overall behavior and not necessarily how she interacted with Lions fans. Without getting into politics, some of her remarks over this past year (and previously) are very tone deaf and out of touch with a large portion of the population that makes up Lions football. I don't wish any ill of her, but she won't be missed.

This. She’s had to delete several posts on her Instagram. She speaks out of place too much. She’s too vocal for someone who was born and hit a gold mine along the way. I 100% believe she’s the reason Matt wants out. She’s the type to chirp in his ear “you’re better than this baby. Take me to a beach to live on. It’s too cold here” 

Link to post
Share on other sites
25 minutes ago, HashtagFTW said:

This. She’s had to delete several posts on her Instagram. She speaks out of place too much. She’s too vocal for someone who was born and hit a gold mine along the way. I 100% believe she’s the reason Matt wants out. She’s the type to chirp in his ear “you’re better than this baby. Take me to a beach to live on. It’s too cold here” 

It had nothing to do with 12 years of organizational failure and an inability to surround him with a talented roster, a defense that is capable of stopping anybody, a rushing attack that could actually generate a 100 yard rusher, complimentary WR's to go with their future HOFer or the fact that we're in a complete reset top to bottom. 

 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, HashtagFTW said:

She speaks out of place too much. She’s too vocal for someone who was born and hit a gold mine along the way. I 100% believe she’s the reason Matt wants out. She’s the type to chirp in his ear “you’re better than this baby. Take me to a beach to live on. It’s too cold here” 

Woah.

I'm not sure about the "speaks out of place too much". I'm not sure she has a "place" that she has to speak from. From what I have read, she shared her opinion about a few controversial issues, then apologized for quite a few of those opinions. She's entitled to them regardless.

I also don't believe she's 100% the reason. I'd say that a playoff team with good weapons, a great running game and great defense is pretty enticing for a 32 year old QB that has never had such a supporting cast.

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites

This thing about them being in Cabo and partying there with McVay a couple of hours after the trade was announced, that makes me say good riddance. I'm sure you'll both love your lives in SoCal going forward, good for you, but I'll be damned if I'm going to waste an ounce of mental energy worrying if you win or not.

And don't bother, TL, with "they have the right to enjoy their life however they choose" or something like that. Even ignoring that we're in a pandemic where people are not supposed to be traveling, even ignoring that people have been fawning all over her about having an illness when they have four kids - where are their kids while they're in Cabo? If the kids are there with them, where are they while they're having dinner and partying it up with McVay? - you're right, they can enjoy their money however they choose, and I can say good, great, now they can get lost. Take your rich *** and trouble people in California with it.

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Superduperman said:

This thing about them being in Cabo and partying there with McVay a couple of hours after the trade was announced, that makes me say good riddance. I'm sure you'll both love your lives in SoCal going forward, good for you, but I'll be damned if I'm going to waste an ounce of mental energy worrying if you win or not.

And don't bother, TL, with "they have the right to enjoy their life however they choose" or something like that. Even ignoring that we're in a pandemic where people are not supposed to be traveling, even ignoring that people have been fawning all over her about having an illness when they have four kids - where are their kids while they're in Cabo? If the kids are there with them, where are they while they're having dinner and partying it up with McVay? - you're right, they can enjoy their money however they choose, and I can say good, great, now they can get lost. Take your rich *** and trouble people in California with it.

you have issues lollllllll

Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, HashtagFTW said:

This. She’s had to delete several posts on her Instagram. She speaks out of place too much. She’s too vocal for someone who was born and hit a gold mine along the way. I 100% believe she’s the reason Matt wants out. She’s the type to chirp in his ear “you’re better than this baby. Take me to a beach to live on. It’s too cold here” 

Wow. Speaking of tone deaf.

Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, Karnage84 said:

It had nothing to do with 12 years of organizational failure and an inability to surround him with a talented roster, a defense that is capable of stopping anybody, a rushing attack that could actually generate a 100 yard rusher, complimentary WR's to go with their future HOFer or the fact that we're in a complete reset top to bottom. 

 

 

There’s just allot of bitter people in the world. In some circles the move towards assumptions being truth seems sacrosanct.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
On 2/3/2021 at 11:19 AM, HashtagFTW said:

This. She’s had to delete several posts on her Instagram. She speaks out of place too much. She’s too vocal for someone who was born and hit a gold mine along the way. I 100% believe she’s the reason Matt wants out. She’s the type to chirp in his ear “you’re better than this baby. Take me to a beach to live on. It’s too cold here” 

if thts what it took to get his bum a$$ out of here I am happppppy!!!

Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, NFL_Fan said:

if thts what it took to get his bum a$$ out of here I am happppppy!!!

You call Stafford a bum but want to draft a QB this year that’s not Trevor Lawrence? 
 

face palm yourself at high speed please. 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
On 2/3/2021 at 3:24 PM, Superduperman said:

And don't bother, TL, with "they have the right to enjoy their life however they choose" or something like that. Even ignoring that we're in a pandemic where people are not supposed to be traveling, even ignoring that people have been fawning all over her about having an illness when they have four kids - where are their kids while they're in Cabo? If the kids are there with them, where are they while they're having dinner and partying it up with McVay? - you're right, they can enjoy their money however they choose, and I can say good, great, now they can get lost. Take your rich *** and trouble people in California with it.

Huh? You know babysitters are a thing, right? They're everywhere, not just in California.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

×
×
  • Create New...