Patrick Mahomes is keeping Tom Brady in the NFL.

RamblinMan99

40 minutes ago, RamblinMan99 said:

You think you really know Brady’s mindset but you couldn’t be more wrong.

Followed up by...

41 minutes ago, RamblinMan99 said:

Throughout his entire career, Brady has always felt like he had to prove something.

Betcha he doesn't see the irony in this...

• Like 9

I doubt Mahommes matches Bradys SB total but he doesnt need to in order to have a better career. Hes in his third year as a starter and is already a better player than Tom ever was. Hes going to shatter every regular season and post season passing record. If he wins next week then he'll have two post season runs better than anything Toms ever done as well. 

22 minutes ago, ET80 said:

Followed up by...

2 minutes ago, Chiefs_5627 said:

I don't get this thread, isn't he the one saying Mahomes was NOT elite etc etc but now he's using Patty's "talent" as some kind of tool against Brady...? 🤦

He's a ramblinman for real. 

• Like 3

25 minutes ago, Chiefs_5627 said:

I don't get this thread, isn't he the one saying Mahomes was NOT elite etc etc but now he's using Patty's "talent" as some kind of tool against Brady...? 🤦

Why anyone still replies to this guy is beyond me.

There must be a case for getting him put in the cooler by Webby

• Like 2

1 hour ago, roger murdock said:

I doubt Mahommes matches Bradys SB total but he doesnt need to in order to have a better career. Hes in his third year as a starter and is already a better player than Tom ever was. Hes going to shatter every regular season and post season passing record. If he wins next week then he'll have two post season runs better than anything Toms ever done as well. 

No he's not lol. He's in his third year and he's only ever played with the best TE in the league and a top 3 WR who is currently probably the best WR in the league with a stud RB every year. He's more athletic in the sense Rodgers is, but Brady has a lot of skill sets Mahomes simply doesn't have.

Let's see if Mahomes keeps this up when his team has to go through the usual transitions every other QB goes through. That's what made Brady special. He's won titles with completely seperate supporting casts around him at multiple junctures in his career. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Split the Sticks said:

Hey, @RamblinMan99 

Right after Rodgers and Brees won their Super Bowls, you could have made the same convincing argument.

🥱

Or Wilson. Mahomes is in the exact same position Wilson was in 2014. He never went to another conference title game since. It's such a crapshoot predicting what a QB will do. People famously thought Marino losing to the 49'ers dynasty in SB XIX wasn't a big deal because he'd definitley be back. He never went again and that became the defining story of his career. After 09 and 10, everyone here thought Brees and Rodgers would own the NFC going forward. Neither one has made it out of the NFC a decade since, with on retiring and the other acting like he's at a funeral after another close but no cigar. 

2 hours ago, RamblinMan99 said:

It’s interesting you look at it from this perspective, because it’s actually a lot tougher to win multiple Super Bowls with the same exact team in place.  

That’s why the 1970s Steelers winning four (4) Super Bowls in six (6) years with all the same players wasn’t even heard of.  

If you have a head coach like Belichick who really understands how to acquire players and likes to cheat from time to time, then it’s actually really easy to keep going back to the Super Bowl if you just keep getting more youth at every position from year to year.  

I do agree with this, and I think that’s part of the mentality that ruined Dan Marino’s career in terms of Super Bowls.  

But, that’s not going to be Mahomes.  He could have easily slid off the track after becoming the youngest QB to be both SB champion and MVP, but he hasn’t declined at all.  

And Brady’s perspective is very different from that of Mahomes.  Brady was so salty because of how low he was drafted and even cried about it after he had already been to four Super Bowls at the time. 

Conversely,  Mahomes was a natural talent from the very beginning and was very humble about it.  He loves to compete and isn’t a self absorbed victim about it.  

The point is,  Mahomes has the maturity at a young age with his whole career ahead of him to surpass Brady’s Super Bowl total.  

It’s not guaranteed, but likely.  

Not likely... nearly impossible. But keep ramblin nonsense.

2 hours ago, ET80 said:

Followed up by...

Is it irony though? He is just saying he knows it and other people dont. 

Its kinda like the "Kobe plays with a chip on his shoulder/Kobe has to prove himself" mantra in his mind, I guess. 

2 hours ago, ChazStandard said:

This is not a model KC can emulate, they are a superstar lead team, and have already paid through the nose on Mahomes' extension. They have something like 20 UFAs on their roster and are already 20 million over next year's cap. And success means people want what you have. Look at Logan Ryan or Trey Flowers on the Pats, good to very good players who performed in the playoffs and signed monster contracts elsewhere. SB teams are always picked apart by that process. Low round, low-paid starters who just got their ring now want to get their money. 

For the record, this is a major over-dramatization of our situation going into this offseason. We have 17 UFAs, yes, but most of them are 1 year deal guys. Backups, injury replacements, and vet min players. Remmers, Osemele, Sherman, Kilgore, Wisnieski, Hamilton, Pennel, Bell, Seals-Jones, and Charlton, so 10 of the 17 free agents, made less than $1.2M this year, on 1 year deals. Our only meaningful free agents would be Watkins, Sorensen, Wilson, and Breeland. Breeland saw no market last year. Watkins has barely ben healthy this year anyways. No idea what Sorensen's market would be. And then Wilson is just solid. Someone wants to overpay him, they can. The last three are Reiter, Robinson, and Kpass, but most of us are down to move on from each of them anyway. None of our core players come up for free agency until 2022, with Mathieu, but I half expect him to get extended this offseason to clear some room anyway. Schwartz and Fisher also come up in 2022, but given age and recent health concerns, I wouldn't be surprised if those are retirements by then anyway. Back injuries are tough for linemen.

But, basically, if we resigned literally none of our UFAs this offseason, we'd really just need to replace a DE. But again, Kpass kind of sucks anyway.

And most teams will enter the offseason with 15 - 20 UFAs.

2 hours ago, Split the Sticks said:

Hey, @RamblinMan99 

Right after Rodgers and Brees won their Super Bowls, you could have made the same convincing argument.

🥱

Neither one made it back though. Chiefs are picking up where the Patriots left off. I don’t care what elite NFC quarterbacks do or don’t do. The AFC in the SB since 2003 has been Brady, Manning, Roethlisberger, and Mahomes (with Flacco as the outlier). I expect this trend to continue, I don’t see the AFC becoming the NFC with regard to parity. 

Yeah, I don't think Tom Brady worries about Patrick Mahomes or legacy or anything

He's done his thing, he's doing it for himself, and if in 2030 or 2035 Mahomes ends up with 7 rings or the title of GOAT, I think Brady will be fine

I feel gross talking about Brady like this, but until Brady starts making comments about extending his career to build a gap over future competition, then this is a bad topic