Patrick Mahomes is keeping Tom Brady in the NFL.

RamblinMan99

5 hours ago, diamondbull424 said:

I said I’ve never personally watched the 98 Vikings live, not that I’m not “big on history.”

I know their receiving core and even listed all of them above 200 yds. I’ve seen their highlights from their run. But I never watched them live and thus I see no reason to judge the on-field product. Highlights lie far more often than watching a live game... as can be seen watching just about any draft prospect ever. Which is why I don’t attempt to rank Otto Graham or Jim Brown or Fran Tarkenton, what’s the point? I’ve never seen them and experienced their talent live or through tape. Better that than claim that they weren’t better than modern talent, when I’ve only seen part of the story.

Two different concepts. What’s more, you still don’t seem to understand the difference between talent and one years worth of production. AB is the same age as Marvin Harrison was in 04 and based on advanced stats and rankings, he is still operating at a prime level, just like Harrison in 04. He just hasn’t had an entire season, let alone offseason to be comfortable within the scheme and playbook. By the time he got comfortable, it was the last few games of the regular season. When playing though he’s a top 10 WR no question. Evans is an inarguable top 10 WR and Godwin is a top 15 WR.

AB = MH
Evans >= Wayne
Godwin > Stokley
Miller > Pyatt
Johnson > Moorehead
Watson < Walters
Gronk > Clark
Brate = Pollard
———

For someone who isn’t debating you definitely seem to be writing a lot of words.

I understand talent and production perfectly fine. The 2020 version of AB is absolutely not prime AB, and he is not as talented as the 2015 version of himself. He was once arguably the best receiver in the game. This version is not nearly that guy. Still good, but not in the conversation for the game's most talented WR. I'd take Harrison, Wayne, Stokley over AB, Evans, Godwin. We can agree to disagree on that. I'd take the '07 New England squad over them easily as well. Moss/Welker would dwarf AB/Evans in that comparison. That's beside the point. That was just one more example of the 2,000+ options on the opposite side of the '20 Tampa vs. the field debate.

The league has been around for 101 seasons. To say that the 2020 Bucs had the most talented receiving group in the history of that game is an incredibly hyperbolic statement. I'd imagine you're on that hill all alone.

5 hours ago, WideRight said:

I understand talent and production perfectly fine. The 2020 version of AB is absolutely not prime AB, and he is not as talented as the 2015 version of himself. He was once arguably the best receiver in the game. This version is not nearly that guy. Still good, but not in the conversation for the game's most talented WR. I'd take Harrison, Wayne, Stokley over AB, Evans, Godwin. We can agree to disagree on that. I'd take the '07 New England squad over them easily as well. Moss/Welker would dwarf AB/Evans in that comparison. That's beside the point. That was just one more example of the 2,000+ options on the opposite side of the '20 Tampa vs. the field debate.

The league has been around for 101 seasons. To say that the 2020 Bucs had the most talented receiving group in the history of that game is an incredibly hyperbolic statement. I'd imagine you're on that hill all alone.

Antonio Brown hasn’t changed one bit.

They’re just refraining from getting him back into a starting position to avoid sparking outrage.  

You can’t just throw a guy who has his kind of background into a starting role right away and think nobody’s going to notice.

That’s why they’re underutilizing him right now.  

The guy has been a lock every time the ball is thrown to him.  That route he made in the end zone for the TD is what he did routinely when he was with us.  

He is quietly the best receiving option for Brady in Tampa.  

And, Brady and Brown really aren’t so different at all in terms of both their work ethic and character.  

2 minutes ago, RamblinMan99 said:

Antonio Brown hasn’t changed one bit.

They’re just refraining from getting him back into a starting position to avoid sparking outrage.  

You can’t just throw a guy who has his kind of background into a starting role right away and think nobody’s going to notice.

That’s why they’re underutilizing him right now.  

The guy has been a lock every time the ball is thrown to him.  That route he made in the end zone for the TD is what he did routinely when he was with us.  

He is quietly the best receiving option for Brady in Tampa.  

And, Brady and Brown really aren’t so different at all in terms of both their work ethic and character.  

The route he ran in the end zone, was the wrong route..... 

https://bleacherreport.com/articles/2930613-antonio-brown-ran-wrong-route-on-super-bowl-td-vs-chiefs-per-bucs-qb-coach 

5 minutes ago, WideRight said:

Doesn’t matter.  

He still got open when he needed to and made it work.  

He wasn’t supposed to make that catch with his helmet years ago, but he did that too.  

Listen, I’m not defending this guy.  I can’t stand him.  But, his work ethic is unprecedented, especially when you consider that he was out of the league for a year and worked himself to get back into the league.  

LeVeon Bell didn’t do that.  He gained a bunch of weight and made stupid rap albums and that’s why he turned into a nonfactor and a liability. 

Brady lacks morals all the way, but he saw how Brown’s work ethic was very much like his own.  

Edited by RamblinMan99

10 hours ago, WideRight said:

This version isn’t 2015 AB, who was the best WR in the game. This version is 2021 AB that’s still a top 5 WR in the game when given opportunity. Dude doesn’t even know his routes because he joined the offense halfway through the season and yet he’s still the best WR on a team that has Mike Evans, Chris Godwin, and Rob Gronkowski. Dude is still an elite talent. To say otherwise is foolish. Regardless of how terrible a human the dude seems to be, he’s an elite football talent.

13 hours ago, diamondbull424 said:

This version isn’t 2015 AB, who was the best WR in the game. This version is 2021 AB that’s still a top 5 WR in the game when given opportunity. Dude doesn’t even know his routes because he joined the offense halfway through the season and yet he’s still the best WR on a team that has Mike Evans, Chris Godwin, and Rob Gronkowski. Dude is still an elite talent. To say otherwise is foolish. Regardless of how terrible a human the dude seems to be, he’s an elite football talent.

We'll see that in 2021 with AB I think. Godwin might leave and AB and Evans will be the top targets

• Like 1

On 2/9/2021 at 9:43 AM, WideRight said:

Name a better WR group than Evans, Godwin, AB, Miller, Tyler Johnson plz

On 1/31/2021 at 6:15 AM, RamblinMan99 said:

I highly doubt that.  Even if Mahomes were to lose, he still has his whole career ahead of him to just keep going back to the Super Bowl.  I’ve told multiple people that I can see Mahomes with eight (8) trophies by the time he retires.  

He would have to win a Super Bowl every other year for the next 12 years just to tie Brady. Which would make him a 37 year old. Not happening.

There's a reason entire franchises don't even have the amount of championships Brady now has. Between injuries, coaching changes, cap management, drafting, etc, they're extremely difficult to come by EVEN for generational QB's.

Mahomes is lucky he even has one trophy as it stands now. He's been largely terrible to mediocre in his 2 Super Bowl appearances so far.

2 hours ago, ThatJaxxenGuy said:

Tom Brady is keeping the assumption/narrative that "young hotshot QBs will coast to frequent rings" in the NFL. 

I think Mahomes is more capable than anyone we have seen to do it but it's still a MAJOR longshot to win that many Super Bowls. Even if the Chiefs sit at 5/1 preseason odds for the next 15 years until Mahomes is 40 and he never gets injured longterm, you can only expect 3 more titles. But even that is unrealistic to be the favorite to win it every year for the next 15 years. At some point over that time the Chiefs need to rebuild, a couple dominant teams will emerge and probably 1,2 monster QBs that aren't in the league at this point. If you told Mahomes that he would retire with 4 Super Bowls, he would be a fool to not take it.