Justin Jefferson: Year Two

vike daddy

I think people are going to have to define a slump. Because his level of production last year cannot be reasonably expected year in and year out. 

63 catches, 1,130 yards, 6 touchdowns. I’d be very curious to see how people would react to that season. 

Edited by SemperFeist
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, SemperFeist said:

I think people are going to have to define a slump. Because his level of production last year cannot be reasonably expected year in and year out. 

63 catches, 1,130 yards, 6 touchdowns. I’d be very curious to see how people would react to that season. 

He's a bum! Cut him!!  We can't win with a lack of production like that!................................................................JK!!!😉

My thoughts exactly, which is why I predict a drop in yards. It is very hard to be an All Pro every year (esp with the QB / philosophy / OL here).

We should probably get a slumpbuster ready for JJ. Just in case...

63/1130/6 in a 17 game season would be just fine with me if Thielen does the same and Irv goes 63/800/7

8 hours ago, wcblack34 said:

I think a slump is inevitable for JJ. He had a historic rookie year. Those numbers weren't just "good for a rookie," but they were numbers you expect to see from an All-Pro each year. It would be hard to replicate those types of numbers on a yearly basis. Also, last year, he was an unknown. Teams treated Thielen as the #1 guy and covered accordingly. This year, he'll be the focus from Week 1. It's going to be up to Adam, Irv and Dalvin (and hopefully a legit WR3) to force teams to loosen up coverage on Jefferson. 

That said, I think he still goes over 1000 yards (especially in 17 games). His TD numbers might increase, but I think they hold steady. 

To be clear, it was a general question, not focused on JJ.

• 2 weeks later...
3 minutes ago, swede700 said:

Of course, the Kirk-haters need to be brought out of the woodworks, because they were getting kinda quiet...and this helped that.

It helped in the way that they grabbed the tiniest straw and tried to create something out of nothing. 

Jefferson didn’t say anything controversial. He praised a former teammate, and by all accounts a friend. The Kirk haters are simply trying to inject their own bias into Jeffernson’s comments to create a deeper meaning.