Justin Jefferson: Year Two

vike daddy

• 1 month later...
  • 3 months later...

As a draftnik and Patriots fan (a team that can't draft wide receivers to save their lives) I was a big fan of JJ during the draft process. I thought he would be really good and make a few Pro Bowls. It took me about 2 games to realize Jefferson was much more special than that and would be 1st ballot Hall of Famer. Everyone in the comparisons forum crucified me for saying he was a top 3 WR already last year and who is laughing now. He is better than last year and soon to be the best wideout in the league. I don't see any DB being able to cover Jefferson 1vs1 at this point. Just an unbelievable player and I hope he continues to thrive.

• Like 8

10 hours ago, SBLIII said:

As a draftnik and Patriots fan (a team that can't draft wide receivers to save their lives) I was a big fan of JJ during the draft process. I thought he would be really good and make a few Pro Bowls. It took me about 2 games to realize Jefferson was much more special than that and would be 1st ballot Hall of Famer. Everyone in the comparisons forum crucified me for saying he was a top 3 WR already last year and who is laughing now. He is better than last year and soon to be the best wideout in the league. I don't see any DB being able to cover Jefferson 1vs1 at this point. Just an unbelievable player and I hope he continues to thrive.

There is so much WR talent in the league right now, but JJ really does stand out. He just has an innate ability to get open, make adjustments, and catch tough passes. 

The next couple of years, it will be very interesting to watch where the WR hierarchy falls. Waddle, Lamb, Jeudy, Chase, Hollywood Brown, Bateman, Metcalf, Brown, etc.  It's crazy how many outstanding young Wide Receivers are in the league right now.

The NFL announced on Wednesday that Jefferson has been named the NFC player of the week in recognition of that effort. It’s the first time that the 2020 first-round pick has taken those honors.

Jefferson now has 63 catches for 944 yards and six touchdowns on the season, which puts him on pace to top his numbers from last season on all fronts and further establish himself as one of the best receivers in football.

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2021/11/24/justin-jefferson-is-the-nfc-offensive-player-of-the-year/

• Like 1

1 hour ago, vike daddy said:

The NFL announced on Wednesday that Jefferson has been named the NFC player of the week in recognition of that effort. It’s the first time that the 2020 first-round pick has taken those honors.

Jefferson now has 63 catches for 944 yards and six touchdowns on the season, which puts him on pace to top his numbers from last season on all fronts and further establish himself as one of the best receivers in football.

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2021/11/24/justin-jefferson-is-the-nfc-offensive-player-of-the-year/

What he's doing is crazy. I expected some regression from last year, but instead he's taken things to another level. If he's not careful, fans are going to be disappointed when the "only" puts up 80/1200/7 numbers.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, wcblack34 said:

What he's doing is crazy. I expected some regression from last year, but instead he's taken things to another level. If he's not careful, fans are going to be disappointed when the "only" puts up 80/1200/7 numbers.

With 17 games and every team seemingly having a 4,000 yard passer, I think expectations need to change. 1200 yards is 70 yards per game. Doesn’t sound that prolific at the end of the day. Just where the league is headed as the number of 1200 yard rushers probably declines.

Edited by vikingsrule

https://twitter.com/DustBaker/status/1425320390646243331?s=20

I don't know how any of the draft picks sent with Diggs are doing, but Jefferson, Bynum, and Willekes already look like great picks. If one or both of Robinson and Davidson pans out, this might let us forget the Herschel Walker deal...

Edited by wcblack34