Should we trade up to the Lions 7th pick so we’re in position to take a top QB?

turtle28

Should we trade up w/ the Lions to be able to draft a QB?  

9 members have voted

1. 1. Should we trade up w/ the Lions to be able to draft a QB?

• Yes
    • No

So, now that the Lions have traded for Goff, it’s unlikely they’ll be taking a QB with the 7th pick.

Should we trade up with the Lions to get the 7th pick and then put ourselves in a position to draft Justin Fields or Zach Wilson?

I’m thinking we should. This opens up an opportunity for us to hopefully get the franchise QB we’re missing to pair with our top 10 D.

Edited by turtle28

41 minutes ago, ripsean21 said:

I think that’s a really smart move!!! The player is cheap and you give up a future asset but that guy will still be developing as is the young roster around him so you go a year without a one but your still bright moving forward because he’s cheap

The question becomes what will it take to move up from 19 to 7?

Definitely this years 1st & next years 1st or one of our DTs & a mid round pick in this years draft or next years  draft too.

13 minutes ago, ARTMONK HOF said:

It’s possible 3-4 QBs could be gone by the 7th pick. Don’t think Wilson and Fields would be available. Never know how the draft falls. 

Yeah, could be but I think it’s unlikely that happens. That’s a lot of QBs got go in the top 6 picks. And, we all know this draft is stacked in other positions too. Even if we were sitting at 7 and missed on the top 4 QBs - highly unlikely- we’d still be sitting there at 7 and be able to take one of Parsons, Devonta Smith, Ja’marr Chase, Surtain, Farley or Pitts.

Any of those guys will come in day one and have a major impact on our D or O.

Edited by turtle28

11 minutes ago, aceinthehouse said:

We won't have our 19th pick, to make that move I believe.

But if we do trade up & do have that  #19 pick? I want the #1 pick. I want Trevor Lawrence.

I’m sorry, I don’t understand this at all. You won’t give up the 19th pick and other picks at a chance to get a franchise QB prospect?

The #1 pick is not going to be on the trade block. I mean come on man. Let’s stay in reality.

1 minute ago, turtle28 said:

I’m sorry, I don’t understand this at all. You won’t give up the 19th pick and other picks at a chance to get a franchise QB prospect?

The #1 pick is not going to be on the trade block. I mean come on man. Let’s stay in reality.

I won't trade up to #6 for a QB in Fields who will bust imo.

The only player I would trade up for in that range is WR Devonte Smith.

The only QB's I would even consider in the 1st is Lawrence & Wilson.

But I would rather have Lawrence, than Wilson. And to get him, we need #1.

But none of this even matters anyway.

Cause we're trading for Rodgers, I believe.

2 hours ago, turtle28 said:

Correct.  Urban Meyer didn't get over the sniffles to come out of retirement to coach Kyle Trask.  He did it for the chance to work with Trevor Lawrence.  No amount of assets will move him off that.