• Gregory Rousseau DE
    • Micah Parsons LB
    • DeVonta Smith WR
    • Kwity Paye DE/DT
    • Ja'Marr Chase WR
    • Patrick Surtain III CB
    • Trey Lance QB
    • Jaylen Waddle WR

I’m I the only one who wants nothing to do with DeVonta Smith at 7?  The only WR I think is worth the 7th overall pick is Chase.

I’m good with one of the top 4 QBs, Parsons or Chase at 7.  I’d be ok with Sewell or Farley at 7, but I think they would be in a different tier. 

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, Millenhater said:

I’m I the only one who wants nothing to do with DeVonta Smith at 7?  The only WR I think is worth the 7th overall pick is Chase.

I’m good with one of the top 4 QBs, Parsons or Chase at 7.  I’d be ok with Sewell or Farley at 7, but I think they would be in a different tier. 

I’d take Smith over Chase

1 hour ago, detfan782004 said:

I’d take Smith over Chase

I don’t there’s not a whole lot of success stories in the NFL of 170 lb, fully maxed out, WRs.  I think Smith is good and worth a mid first but I would hate for our top 10 pick that is the start of our great rebuild to be used on a WR that historically his type hasn’t worked out.

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, Millenhater said:

I don’t there’s not a whole lot of success stories in the NFL of 170 lb, fully maxed out, WRs.  I think Smith is good and worth a mid first but I would hate for our top 10 pick that is the start of our great rebuild to be used on a WR that historically his type hasn’t worked out.

I think smith is a baller, but I agree with this.

7 hours ago, Millenhater said:

Dont fall into the Valenti trap. Plenty of smaller WR's have good careers. They just not Julio Jones or Hopkins.

Think Troy Brown, Will Fuller, Steve Smith, Wes Welker, Julian Eldeman. And then, you'll come around on Smith.

2 minutes ago, SimbaWho said:

Dont fall into the talking radio heads trap. Plenty of smaller WR's have good careers. They're just not Julio Jones or Hopkins.

Think Troy Brown, Curtis Samuel, Will Fuller, Steve Smith, Wes Welker, Julian Eldeman. And then, you'll come around on Smith.

Edited by SimbaWho

7 hours ago, Millenhater said:

I agree.  Smith is the little shifty guy that Bama used to the fullest.  Chase is a true WR1 while Smith is a slot, trick play type guy IMO.  Sort of like DeAnthony Thomas.  I really don't want a WR at 7 anyways, even if it is Chase, as I don't think you rebuild a team void of talent by starting at WR.  

4 minutes ago, SimbaWho said:

Dont fall into the Valenti trap. Plenty of smaller WR's have good careers. They just not Julio Jones or Hopkins.

Think Troy Brown, Will Fuller, Steve Smith, Wes Welker, Julian Eldeman. And then, you'll come around on Smith.

That group of WRs sound like great types you draft in the 2nd/3rd round.  Also Welker was 5'9" 185. Steve Smith was 5'9" 195, they may be short but are stockier.  Devonta Smith is 6'1", 175# which is closest to Fuller who is  6'0" 185 and is hurt all of the time. Smith isnt short, he is just rail thin and would really need to pack on some weight without losing speed and agility to be worth a top 10 pick IMO. 

9 minutes ago, Sllim Pickens said:

I agree.  Smith is the little shifty guy that Bama used to the fullest.  Chase is a true WR1 while Smith is a slot, trick play type guy IMO.  Sort of like DeAnthony Thomas.  I really don't want a WR at 7 anyways, even if it is Chase, as I don't think you rebuild a team void of talent by starting at WR.  

We’re really not void of talent though. We have good players to build around on both sides of the ball. If there’s any position we’re void of, it’s WR and unless we just want to set Goff up for failure, we need to give him good people to throw to because as of right now, the three best targets has has is Hock, Swift and Kerryon. If we move on from Goff after two years, it would be nice if the next QB we have is able to come in with a pretty good offense around him. 

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, Sllim Pickens said:

That group of WRs sound like great types you draft in the 2nd/3rd round.  Also Welker was 5'9" 185. Steve Smith was 5'9" 195, they may be short but are stockier.  Devonta Smith is 6'1", 175# which is closest to Fuller who is  6'0" 185 and is hurt all of the time. Smith isnt short, he is just rail thin and would really need to pack on some weight without losing speed and agility to be worth a top 10 pick IMO. 

Both Welker/Smith gained about 10 lbs as pros? An, after the combine we'll know more about Smiths/weight/speed.

Also, It's just my opinion on who's good at 7. You'd risk it on a WR who hasn't played in a year and when he did, he played with a NFL caliber OC and NFL franchise QB. Thta's fine, I'd go this direction with resigning Golladay and have solid weapons for my QB whoever it is. Now and in the future.

I'd really like a DE or DT there. But I don't trust any this draft this early. I'm coming around to the idea of Rashawn Slater cause I love Olinemen. Sewell would be the slam dunk but he's not even available in this situation.

So idk, given the situation the OP gave, I want Kyle Wilson, followed by Devonta Smith.

Edited by SimbaWho

I don't wanna hear the hurt excuse either. All WR's get hurt. Big Small medium. League wide. Golladay was just out forever if you remember, Julio Jones is dinged every season, they just get hurt. 

You're into analytics a lot. If you're going to brush that broad stroke, at least back it up with some numbers or something.

Edited by SimbaWho