• Micah Parsons LB
    • DeVonta Smith WR
    • Kwity Paye DE/DT
    • Ja'Marr Chase WR
    • Patrick Surtain III CB
    • Trey Lance QB
    • Jaylen Waddle WR

41 minutes ago, SimbaWho said:

TY Hilton, DeSean Jackson, Tyler Lockett....

Like I'm not going to name every smaller good WR in the league but they're out here.

You are naming a bunch of short and stocky WRs.  That isnt Smith.  Even Desean Jackson is the same weight and 3 inches smaller.  Thats how skinny he is.  And you cant talk about Chase with his NFL support and not Smith playing with Waddle, Jueday and Tua and Mac Jones and Najee Harris.....   

Smith is an amazing college WR.  I dont trust him in the NFL, at least at 7 when there is other talent on the board.  I would rather draft Waddle than Smith  tbh. 

34 minutes ago, Sllim Pickens said:

You are naming a bunch of short and stocky WRs.  That isnt Smith.  Even Desean Jackson is the same weight and 3 inches smaller.  Thats how skinny he is.  And you cant talk about Chase with his NFL support and not Smith playing with Waddle, Jueday and Tua and Mac Jones and Najee Harris.....   

Smith is an amazing college WR.  I dont trust him in the NFL, at least at 7 when there is other talent on the board.  I would rather draft Waddle than Smith  tbh. 

Ok, that's also assuming he never gains any weight ever again. Ever. 5-10lbs. He's the same size as Marvin Harrison. We can do circles around each-other literally all day.

I get your point you don't like him.

It'll be interesting to watch Chase/Smith/Waddle. See how their careers unfold. I'm expecting Smith to be a successful yearly boarderline pro-bowler. So take that for whatever my opinions worth to you.

I watched one guy be good in multiple offense's with multiple players and only 1 guy 1 year with a perfect set up was all my point was about Chase. If Chase had played and did relatively well again this year I might have more confidence. There's some unknown's you've got to admit, with Waddle too.

Edited by SimbaWho

25 minutes ago, SimbaWho said:

Ok, that's also assuming he never gains any weight ever again. Ever. 5-10lbs. He's the same size as Marvin Harrison. We can do circles around each-other literally all day.

It'll be interesting to watch Chase/Smith/Waddle. See how their careers unfold. I'm expecting Smith to be a successful yearly boarderline pro-bowler. So take that for whatever my opinions worth to you.

I watched one guy be good in multiple offense's with multiple players and only 1 guy 1 year with a perfect set up was all my point was about Chase. If Chase had played and did relatively well again this year I might have more confidence. There's some unknown's you've got to admit, with Waddle too.

So he gains 10 lbs and is still an inch taller than Harrison.  He has been in an elite weight training facility with as elite of strength coaches college has to offer at Bama and still only is up to 175.  Its not just about holding up injury wise, its about being able to take bumps at the line of scrimmage and blocking and leverege etc.  I just dont see top 10 pick value from him.  

The thing is, the draft isnt about what you do stat wise.  Which is why guys like Desmond Howard and Ron Dayne aren't hall of fame NFL players.  Chase put up numbers but the reason he did so was because of his size, speed, and abilities.  Perhaps that coach and QB helped but perhaps that coach and QB benefited from having him on their team to boost their own careers.  Smith did so because of well drawn trick plays and being fast.  Darius Heyward Bey showed that didnt work in the NFL.  And as much as I love Ted Ginn, he was the same thing and never was worthy of a 1st round pick.  I think Smith has a solid career as a slot WR in the NFL, but if he is drafted in the top 10 he will always be a failure, similar to Hockenson in that they never live up to their draft status.  Its not that I dont like him, I just have concerns about how he is going to be utilized and how he is going to succeed.  If he puts on 15 lbs by the combine and runs a 4.2, then sure you draft him.  But I don't see that happening.  

1 hour ago, Sllim Pickens said:

So he gains 10 lbs and is still an inch taller than Harrison.  He has been in an elite weight training facility with as elite of strength coaches college has to offer at Bama and still only is up to 175.  Its not just about holding up injury wise, its about being able to take bumps at the line of scrimmage and blocking and leverege etc.  I just dont see top 10 pick value from him.  

The thing is, the draft isnt about what you do stat wise.  Which is why guys like Desmond Howard and Ron Dayne aren't hall of fame NFL players.  Chase put up numbers but the reason he did so was because of his size, speed, and abilities.  Perhaps that coach and QB helped but perhaps that coach and QB benefited from having him on their team to boost their own careers.  Smith did so because of well drawn trick plays and being fast.  Darius Heyward Bey showed that didnt work in the NFL.  And as much as I love Ted Ginn, he was the same thing and never was worthy of a 1st round pick.  I think Smith has a solid career as a slot WR in the NFL, but if he is drafted in the top 10 he will always be a failure, similar to Hockenson in that they never live up to their draft status.  Its not that I dont like him, I just have concerns about how he is going to be utilized and how he is going to succeed.  If he puts on 15 lbs by the combine and runs a 4.2, then sure you draft him.  But I don't see that happening.  

If he runs a 4.2, idc what kind of weight he puts on. If I’m redoing the 2016 draft, I’m taking Tyreek Hill in the top 10. 

NO WR at #7. The depth of this WR class is insane. There will be guys in the 4th, 5th round (or even lower if we gain more picks) who can fill out our WR needs.

If the Lions indeed decide they don't love any of the QB's, then I would probably go best defensive player, Parsons, Surtain, Rousseau, whoever they like best out of the upcoming workouts.

I would even consider a tackle to complete the OL. They need a right tackle pretty bad and having one who can slide to LT in case of injury or otherwise would be good, so if they really like Slater or Darrisaw, then that works too.

There’s a number of people I’ll take at 7, honestly. Not sure I’m interested in a tackle that high just to stick him on the right side where we’re locked into paying someone a lot of money right now for that position, though. 

I do like Ja’Marr Chase. I like Caleb Farley. I like Patrick Surtain. I like Micah Parsons. Hell, y’all are gonna crucify me but I even like Kyle Pitts. 

18 minutes ago, HashtagFTW said:

There’s a number of people I’ll take at 7, honestly. Not sure I’m interested in a tackle that high just to stick him on the right side where we’re locked into paying someone a lot of money right now for that position, though. 

I do like Ja’Marr Chase. I like Caleb Farley. I like Patrick Surtain. I like Micah Parsons. Hell, y’all are gonna crucify me but I even like Kyle Pitts

the simpsons burn GIF

• Like 1

4 hours ago, HashtagFTW said:

I can see us drafting Jaelon Darden relatively high. Seems like someone Dorsey will push on Holmes by telling him he’ll be our Tyreek Hill. 

IMO, if the Lions want a guy in the mold of Tyreek Hill, draft D'Wayne Eskridge. He's not quite Hill fast (who is), but he's still ridiculously fast, has sure hands, and is a twitched-up route runner. 

1 hour ago, HashtagFTW said:

I do like Ja’Marr Chase. I like Caleb Farley. I like Patrick Surtain. I like Micah Parsons. Hell, y’all are gonna crucify me but I even like Kyle Pitts. 

Pitts is a cheat code. He can play WR and be an absolutely freak there. A lot of people questioned whether Mike Evans could separate in the NFL. My point with him was who cares if he's not an elite route runner, he's a guy who turns 50-50 balls into 90-10 balls whenever he's one on one. Kyle Pitts turns 50-50 into 95-5 balls. Dear god, that guy is just absolutely unreal. He's also very agile for his size.

2 hours ago, HashtagFTW said:

If he runs a 4.2, idc what kind of weight he puts on. If I’m redoing the 2016 draft, I’m taking Tyreek Hill in the top 10. 

Tyreke Hill is 5'10"  Thats very different than 6'1" 185 let alone 6'1" 175.  You can't project someone's success on another who plays differently.  And there are plenty of fast guys who aren't top end WRs. Speed is cool and all, but being able to handle a bump at the line or hold an edge on a run play is something totally different. 

6 hours ago, SimbaWho said:

TY Hilton, DeSean Jackson, Tyler Lockett....

Like I'm not going to name every smaller good WR in the league but they're out here.

All of those guys are 15lbs heavier, and none of them are worth the #7 overall pick if you ask me.  If you think anyone of them are worth it then why not just trade it for one of them now straight up?

5 hours ago, SimbaWho said:

I think Smith is good, I just think he's risky.  I'm not willing to risk it on this pick when I think there is better talent with less risk.  That's just me.  I think he's a good prospect just not great.  I'd rather let someone else take that risk.

PLEASE NOT SMITH OR ANYONE FROM ALABAMA PLEASEEEEEEEE

I chose Parsons. Also open to oline if we stick with Goff.

Perosnlly I trade Goff. Take a QB early if possible and then get Parsons or Pass rush. No need for WR soooo early. Personally I like Toney over everyone but Chase...Shoot id sign and trade Golladay RIGHT NOW for Denzel Mims on Jets....call me crazy...Golladay I dont think will ever stay on the field for a season for the rest of his career. 

Just please no Smith or Waddle. Please let someone else suffer.

1 hour ago, jrry32 said:

IMO, if the Lions want a guy in the mold of Tyreek Hill, draft D'Wayne Eskridge. He's not quite Hill fast (who is), but he's still ridiculously fast, has sure hands, and is a twitched-up route runner. 

Pitts is a cheat code. He can play WR and be an absolutely freak there. A lot of people questioned whether Mike Evans could separate in the NFL. My point with him was who cares if he's not an elite route runner, he's a guy who turns 50-50 balls into 90-10 balls whenever he's one on one. Kyle Pitts turns 50-50 into 95-5 balls. Dear god, that guy is just absolutely unreal. He's also very agile for his size.

if Lions took Pitts everyone is going for their heads...no way they do that to the fans...no way...I see Chiefs trying to grab him