• Micah Parsons LB
    • DeVonta Smith WR
    • Kwity Paye DE/DT
    • Ja'Marr Chase WR
    • Patrick Surtain III CB
    • Trey Lance QB
    • Jaylen Waddle WR

14 minutes ago, NFL_Fan said:

if Lions took Pitts everyone is going for their heads...no way they do that to the fans...no way...I see Chiefs trying to grab him

Pitts isn't the same as Hock or even Ebron. If you're using him more as a big WR that you can also play inline as a mismatch while pairing him up with Hock then it can work. Other than not picking better prospects like Donald or OBJ, a key issue with Ebron was his hands (or lack of). A traditional TE does not have the same impact on an offense to justify a top 10 pick. I wouldn't be opposed to Pitts if we had traded down and we were sitting around #19. I'd rather focus on the defense but we really should be going BPA. We need talent on both sides of the ball.

1 minute ago, NFL_Fan said:

if Lions took Pitts everyone is going for their heads...no way they do that to the fans...no way...I see Chiefs trying to grab him

Why? If it's about Hockenson, Pitts and Hockenson wouldn't have overlapping roles in the offense. Pitts was unguardable one on one this year. Teams threw everything at him. He torched Kentucky's #1 CB, Kelvin Joseph. He torched the slot CBs and safeties Bama tried to use against him. He beat UGA CB Tyson Campbell for a TD while earning a DPI call. Campbell is a 6'2" CB who is likely to be drafted in the first two rounds. I wouldn't even play him inline. It makes it too easy to have LBs and EDGEs disrupt his route. I'd treat him like a WR. He's a 6'6" 250 pound guy who has WR agility and dominates in jump ball situations like few guys I've ever seen.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, jrry32 said:

Why? If it's about Hockenson, Pitts and Hockenson wouldn't have overlapping roles in the offense. Pitts was unguardable one on one this year. Teams threw everything at him. He torched Kentucky's #1 CB, Kelvin Joseph. He torched the slot CBs and safeties Bama tried to use against him. He beat UGA CB Tyson Campbell for a TD while earning a DPI call. Campbell is a 6'2" CB who is likely to be drafted in the first two rounds. I wouldn't even play him inline. It makes it too easy to have LBs and EDGEs disrupt his route. I'd treat him like a WR. He's a 6'6" 250 pound guy who has WR agility and dominates in jump ball situations like few guys I've ever seen.

If you put him and Hock on the field at the same time, you can run just about every single type of personnel group, which makes it tough on a defense. 

• Like 1

Just now, Karnage84 said:

If you put him and Hock on the field at the same time, you can run just about every single type of personnel group, which makes it tough on a defense. 

Yep. And while he doesn't block like Hock, he has the size and strength to overwhelm corners and safeties. He's just the ultimate mismatch if you treat him like a WR. There are few CBs in the NFL who have the size to handle him one on one, and there are few LBs in the NFL who have the athleticism to handle him one on one.

Hey you guys have your opinion I have mine. I personally would never take an offensive weapon top 10 in an NFL draft...ever...maybe Barry Sanders...but even then I hate RB in rd 1...and idk how new coaches offense will work but personally I like drags and short routes...one on ones mean nothing...just have a good play against a zone or man and boom...find the gap in a zone or beat the corner if man...what  teams are super successful cause they have a guy that can be dominate one on one?? erm just double team him now what???? and someone like bobby wagner would jam him into next year..I like Parsons...bunch of Oline guys (Top guys of course but wyatt and walker little or rudonz are all interesting (not at 7) .  Jevon Holland late. never at 7. 

And torches "Kentuckys" CB...stop right there...who cares about Kentucky?????? lmaoooooo. like saying but Stafford beat the Browns and Jags....no one cares cause thats not impressive...if he went against Surtain one on one all game and dominated ...sure worth a look...what you said only makes me certain tht would be not only an atrocious pick...but flat out embarrassing. and claiming hes 6'6" 250 makes me evennn moooorrreeee sure i would never want that prototype...ever...calvin was only one to make it oky...and call me crzy but id rather almost steve smith in his prime prime...

3 minutes ago, NFL_Fan said:

Hey you guys have your opinion I have mine. I personally would never take an offensive weapon top 10 in an NFL draft...ever...maybe Barry Sanders...but even then I hate RB in rd 1...and idk how new coaches offense will work but personally I like drags and short routes...one on ones mean nothing...just have a good play against a zone or man and boom...find the gap in a zone or beat the corner if man...what  teams are super successful cause they have a guy that can be dominate one on one?? erm just double team him now what???? and someone like bobby wagner would jam him into next year..I like Parsons...bunch of Oline guys (Top guys of course but wyatt and walker little or rudonz are all interesting (not at 7) .  Jevon Holland late. never at 7. 

And torches "Kentuckys" CB...stop right there...who cares about Kentucky?????? lmaoooooo. like saying but Stafford beat the Browns and Jags....no one cares cause thats not impressive...if he went against Surtain one on one all game and dominated ...sure worth a look...what you said only makes me certain tht would be not only an atrocious pick...but flat out embarrassing. and claiming hes 6'6" 250 makes me evennn moooorrreeee sure i would never want that prototype...ever...calvin was only one to make it oky...and call me crzy but id rather almost steve smith in his prime prime...

Physical freaks based on size/athleticism who have been very successful as of late: see DK Metcalf and Chase Claypool. 

We need help on defense in a big way and you have to be able to slow the other team down but teams are winning these days with high octane offenses. If Pitts and a defender are equally rated as BPA, the tie in our case should go to the defender. If it's even slightly lopsided you go to the defender. However, if Pitts is clearly the BPA in that spot and we can't trade down, take the playmaker and make it work. For our team it could be considered a bit of a luxury pick but we need talent on all sides of the ball. If we do re-sign KG, an offense made up of KG, Pitts, Hock and Swift has the tools to be lethal. 

It depends on what Pitts runs in his 40.  If he truly could play outside, I would be all about it.  If there is any chance he is truly a TE at the next level, screw that.  We have heard all the same stories about how this TE is the once in a generation talent and actually worth a top 10 pick and they just never are.  Vernon Davis, Ebron, Hock all had similar things said about them.  If Pitts can be a Claypool or Metcalf, I am ok with it, but still seems risky at 7.  I hope someone else makes that mistake so we dont have to think about it. 

10 minutes ago, Sllim Pickens said:

It depends on what Pitts runs in his 40.  If he truly could play outside, I would be all about it.  If there is any chance he is truly a TE at the next level, screw that.  We have heard all the same stories about how this TE is the once in a generation talent and actually worth a top 10 pick and they just never are.  Vernon Davis, Ebron, Hock all had similar things said about them.  If Pitts can be a Claypool or Metcalf, I am ok with it, but still seems risky at 7.  I hope someone else makes that mistake so we dont have to think about it. 

He's more Mike Evans than D.K. Metcalf.

23 minutes ago, Karnage84 said:

Physical freaks based on size/athleticism who have been very successful as of late: see DK Metcalf and Chase Claypool. 

We need help on defense in a big way and you have to be able to slow the other team down but teams are winning these days with high octane offenses. If Pitts and a defender are equally rated as BPA, the tie in our case should go to the defender. If it's even slightly lopsided you go to the defender. However, if Pitts is clearly the BPA in that spot and we can't trade down, take the playmaker and make it work. For our team it could be considered a bit of a luxury pick but we need talent on all sides of the ball. If we do re-sign KG, an offense made up of KG, Pitts, Hock and Swift has the tools to be lethal. 

DK is 

Height: 6′ 4″
Weight: 229 lbs

and has Russel Wilson....and um forget about PETE CARROLL?!

and even with him I can name 10 better offenses RIGHT NOW...shoot maybe 15.

and you said chase claypool...DID YOU FORGET THE OTHER 2 STARTERS THAT ACTUALLY GET THE TARGETS????? Juju and Diontae are better and its not even a question sorry. and neither were drafted top 10....actually they weren't even close...

19 minutes ago, Sllim Pickens said:

How much would you trust the numbers at the Florida pro day? They always seem to be somewhat better at the pro day than at the combine with more favourable conditions, etc. If you're a data driven guy, like I am, this year is going to be a lot tougher in putting stuff together. 

Just now, Karnage84 said:

How much would you trust the numbers at the Florida pro day? They always seem to be somewhat better at the pro day than at the combine with more favourable conditions, etc. If you're a data driven guy, like I am, this year is going to be a lot tougher in putting stuff together. 

I AGREE..but cant they send scouts to time themselves? or that not even a thing this year????

1 minute ago, NFL_Fan said:

DK is 

Height: 6′ 4″
Weight: 229 lbs

and has Russel Wilson....and um forget about PETE CARROLL?!

and even with him I can name 10 better offenses RIGHT NOW...shoot maybe 15.

and you said chase claypool...DID YOU FORGET THE OTHER 2 STARTERS THAT ACTUALLY GET THE TARGETS????? Juju and Diontae are better and its not even a question sorry. and neither were drafted top 10....actually they weren't even close...

Just because Tom Brady was drafted in the 6th round doesn't mean that teams won't take the next TB until pick 199. There's always a bunch of guys that fall through the cracks while there's countless numbers of first round picks that bust out.