• Micah Parsons LB
    • DeVonta Smith WR
    • Kwity Paye DE/DT
    • Ja'Marr Chase WR
    • Patrick Surtain III CB
    • Trey Lance QB
    • Jaylen Waddle WR

Just now, NFL_Fan said:

I AGREE..but cant they send scouts to time themselves? or that not even a thing this year????

COVID is limiting how many people can go. The league is recording everything and sending out to all of the teams. The benefit to the combine was having all of these guys in the same conditions in a controlled environment, year after year. 

1 minute ago, Karnage84 said:

Just because Tom Brady was drafted in the 6th round doesn't mean that teams won't take the next TB until pick 199. There's always a bunch of guys that fall through the cracks while there's countless numbers of first round picks that bust out. 

usually because of injury if its a first rounder...or trash coach...usually not skill..either way...PITTS HAS BUST ALLLLLLL OVER HIM...(if a lion (; ) onn chiefs he balls and learns from kelce .... and ctually gets one on one matchups

21 minutes ago, Louis Friend said:

I'm surprised there's not more love for Rousseau considering the Lions needs at pass rusher. 

He is still my top guy that likely is available for us.  I want one of the top 3 QBs and then either he or Parsons.  I like all three Miami DEs though.  I do feel DT is a much bigger need but there just isn’t a guy worth it there.  I’d like to trade down and look at Barrmore in the early 20s and gain more draft capital.  

While I definitely understand not wanting to use this high of a pick on a WR who isn’t Julio/Nuke, I’d be drooling over what Goff would do with Smith.

In the end, with todays rules and spacing, I don’t think his build will matter all that much compared to all the other WRs out there. Its usually a problem because they cant get off the line, and just use their speed to get past guys, thats not Smiths game.

Kyle Pitts on the other hand, should be well worth the pick in anyone’s eyes. He is the best thing since Vernon Davis, and has the tools to just be an all around Weapon, doesn’t matter what you call him

Edited by StLunatic88
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, Sllim Pickens said:

Tyreke Hill is 5'10"  Thats very different than 6'1" 185 let alone 6'1" 175.  You can't project someone's success on another who plays differently.  And there are plenty of fast guys who aren't top end WRs. Speed is cool and all, but being able to handle a bump at the line or hold an edge on a run play is something totally different. 

Yeah he's just had zero bumps against the worst CB's College had to offer, I'm sure.

I think your just saying things. Like you mention injury then said you liked a guy who's injured more often than him, then say he can't get off the line but was the most dominate WR in college this year playing against really quality competition at CB. A guy can't gain weight in the NFL if he's played for Alabama apparently?

Then you say you like guys better that didn't even play at all? So... ok. Not saying they're not better but I'm not like you saying I know they are when they haven't played in a year. An nothing really to work off of. I definitely know more about one guy than the others. I guess that's my point.

So sure he'll fail over 175lbs.

Edited by SimbaWho

12 hours ago, Sllim Pickens said:

That group of WRs sound like great types you draft in the 2nd/3rd round.  Also Welker was 5'9" 185. Steve Smith was 5'9" 195, they may be short but are stockier.  Devonta Smith is 6'1", 175# which is closest to Fuller who is  6'0" 185 and is hurt all of the time. Smith isnt short, he is just rail thin and would really need to pack on some weight without losing speed and agility to be worth a top 10 pick IMO. 

His build reminds me of Marvin Harrison. He's definitely small, but that doesn't seem to hinder him. And it's not like he has little evidence of success. 4 seasons at Alabama, against some of the best defenses in the country. Any other year, I might reject him top ten in the draft, but there is no stand out player this year for me. 3 QBs, all likely to be gone by our pick. A damn good OT, most likely gone by our pick. 2 WRs, 1 DE and 1 LB all in play in that 2-10 range. Chase might be going to Cincy to reunite with Burrow. I think we have to consider the reigning heisman winner at #7 if trade down options are unavailable. 

2 hours ago, SimbaWho said:

Yeah he's just had zero bumps against the worst CB's College had to offer, I'm sure.

I think your just saying things. Like you mention injury then said you liked a guy who's injured more often than him, then say he can't get off the line but was the most dominate WR in college this year playing against really quality competition at CB. A guy can't gain weight in the NFL if he's played for Alabama apparently?

Then you say you like guys better that didn't even play at all? So... ok. Not saying they're not better but I'm not like you saying I know they are when they haven't played in a year. An nothing really to work off of. I definitely know more about one guy than the others. I guess that's my point.

So sure he'll fail over 175lbs.

And Desmond Howard was the best WR before him.  And Charles Rogers was the best WR in college football too.  And Deanthony Thomas was the most dynamic weapon in college when he played at Oregon.  Remember when nobody could cover Michael Crabtree?  Justin Blackmon, he was another elite college ungaurdable WR.  Calvin Johnson's collegiate career high was 1,200 yards.  DK Metcalf wasn't the most productive WR in college.  But they both have skill sets and the physical ability to translate to the NFL.  Bottom line, college stats don't mean anything.    

Yes, he got loose on some trick plays.  Yes Bama's OC was amazing calling plays to cause confusion and get Smith wide open.  Yes Smith has talent.  Do I see that talent leading to similar success at the NFL level? Not at all.  I think he has a solid career but if drafted in the top 10 he will always be considered a disappointment.  

13 hours ago, Sllim Pickens said:

That group of WRs sound like great types you draft in the 2nd/3rd round.  Also Welker was 5'9" 185. Steve Smith was 5'9" 195, they may be short but are stockier.  Devonta Smith is 6'1", 175# which is closest to Fuller who is  6'0" 185 and is hurt all of the time. Smith isnt short, he is just rail thin and would really need to pack on some weight without losing speed and agility to be worth a top 10 pick IMO. 

The knock on Cee Dee Lamb was weight. He put weight on at OU and added about 10 pounds between the draft and regular season. 

4 hours ago, Sllim Pickens said:

He is still my top guy that likely is available for us.  I want one of the top 3 QBs and then either he or Parsons.  I like all three Miami DEs though.  I do feel DT is a much bigger need but there just isn’t a guy worth it there.  I’d like to trade down and look at Barrmore in the early 20s and gain more draft capital.  

I actually hope they trade the pick in a move down that includes pick(s) next year. 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, diehardlionfan said:

The knock on Cee Dee Lamb was weight. He put weight on at OU and added about 10 pounds between the draft and regular season. 

He weighed in at 190 at the combine.  Also I wouldn't use a top 7 pick on CeeDee Lamb at this point.  Like I said, if Smith bulks and maintains, there is a chance.  But he is a senior, a year and a half older than Lamb was when he came out, and much thinner.  

34 minutes ago, Sllim Pickens said:

And Desmond Howard was the best WR before him.  And Charles Rogers was the best WR in college football too.  And Deanthony Thomas was the most dynamic weapon in college when he played at Oregon.  Remember when nobody could cover Michael Crabtree?  Justin Blackmon, he was another elite college ungaurdable WR.  Calvin Johnson's collegiate career high was 1,200 yards.  DK Metcalf wasn't the most productive WR in college.  But they both have skill sets and the physical ability to translate to the NFL.  Bottom line, college stats don't mean anything.    

Yes, he got loose on some trick plays.  Yes Bama's OC was amazing calling plays to cause confusion and get Smith wide open.  Yes Smith has talent.  Do I see that talent leading to similar success at the NFL level? Not at all.  I think he has a solid career but if drafted in the top 10 he will always be considered a disappointment.  

Okay, but on the other hand, Calvin Ridley was basically a lesser version of Devonta Smith at Alabama, and he finished fifth in the NFL in receiving yards this year. (I'm also not sure how De'Anthony Thomas made his way into the discussion.) I think you have to trust what you see on film. If you aren't impressed, fine. But I remember talking myself out of Russell Wilson as a prospect because I convinced myself that a 5'11" QB couldn't be a starter. I didn't make that mistake the next year when a bunch of others talked themselves out of Aaron Donald because a 6'1" 280 pound DT couldn't be an elite player.

5 hours ago, Louis Friend said:

I'm surprised there's not more love for Rousseau considering the Lions needs at pass rusher. 

I like him a lot.  I’m just starting to think he’s not worth number 7.  But if we trade down I’m all for it.  There’s some talk he will slip and i wouldn’t mind maybe trading back up for him, as long as it doesn’t cost a future 1.

8 hours ago, Millenhater said:

I like him a lot.  I’m just starting to think he’s not worth number 7.  But if we trade down I’m all for it.  There’s some talk he will slip and i wouldn’t mind maybe trading back up for him, as long as it doesn’t cost a future 1.

He could have his pro day and look fantastic, and easily be back in top 10 conversation.