• Micah Parsons LB
    • DeVonta Smith WR
    • Kwity Paye DE/DT
    • Ja'Marr Chase WR
    • Patrick Surtain III CB
    • Trey Lance QB
    • Jaylen Waddle WR

2 hours ago, HashtagFTW said:

I’m the exact opposite. We are practically forced into Goff playing at least the next two years. I’m not ok with taking our #7 and using it on somebody to sit for two years. If Goff sucks, we’ll have a high draft pick next year and the year after when there’s still really good QBs coming out in 22 and 23. If Goff is good to great, then we wasted a #7 on someone we never ended up needing as the guy who’s going to be our future is already under contract for the next four years and is only 26. 

Like yeah, Goff has shown signs of sucking but he can turn it around under new guidance so we have to at least give him a chance to do so and that’s not by using a #7 on his replacement before he’s even played a game for us. 

you do understand how developing a QB works right? people like joe burrow dont usually do so well...and you see what happens even when good...injuries..picks..and losing games...idk another QB that came in a rookie and was just spectacular...

Just now, NFL_Fan said:

you do understand how developing a QB works right? people like joe burrow dont usually do so well...and you see what happens even when good...injuries..picks..and losing games...idk another QB that came in a rookie and was just spectacular...

saying that i did just do a mock where i trade down with broncos for a 3rd  this year and get parsons. not sure if that would even work but it looked nice. 

6 minutes ago, NFL_Fan said:

My point is, we have someone that has the potential and pedigree to lead this team long term. You don’t replace that right off the bat. You give him the tools help him succeed. If it doesn’t work out, then you still have the tools to help the next person succeed. 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, HashtagFTW said:

My point is, we have someone that has the potential and pedigree to lead this team long term. You don’t replace that right off the bat. You give him the tools help him succeed. If it doesn’t work out, then you still have the tools to help the next person succeed. 

Goff is a 2 year bridge guy...highly highly doubt any guy in the front office trusts he will do anything...

Just now, NFL_Fan said:

Goff is a 2 year bridge guy...highly highly doubt any guy in the front office trusts he will do anything...

Just because you don’t trust him doesn’t mean the FO don’t trust him. And when you take a QB in the top ten and intend on sitting him, you don’t do it for two years. You do it for one at most. If we’re drafting in the top ten next year, then yeah. Consider a QB. But if Goff leads us to a record good enough to be middle of the draft or better, then you keep him long term due to what he did with the state of this roster. Give him a chance to succeed. You’re not doing that drafting a QB top ten when 1. There’s nothing a single WR on the roster with starting experience and 2. before he even plays a single snap. 

Goff is one of 2 things. Two year stop gap or our QB of the future. We’ll find that out this year. Let’s not think about replacing him before he even has his first practice with the team. 

1 hour ago, HashtagFTW said:

Just because you don’t trust him doesn’t mean the FO don’t trust him. And when you take a QB in the top ten and intend on sitting him, you don’t do it for two years. You do it for one at most. If we’re drafting in the top ten next year, then yeah. Consider a QB. But if Goff leads us to a record good enough to be middle of the draft or better, then you keep him long term due to what he did with the state of this roster. Give him a chance to succeed. You’re not doing that drafting a QB top ten when 1. There’s nothing a single WR on the roster with starting experience and 2. before he even plays a single snap. 

Goff is one of 2 things. Two year stop gap or our QB of the future. We’ll find that out this year. Let’s not think about replacing him before he even has his first practice with the team. 

well said. if wilson or fields are there at 7 do you pass on them? say chase and d smith  and parsons are gone. Im all about the trenches. so im okay with trade down for RT or Paass rush. down for parsons. Rosseau was top 5 just a few weeks ago. hes slipping cause he is "raw" ? no chase young but still. Parsons sounds better and better. the sound of a luke kuechly type talent is something for 8-10 years we never have to worry about. Shoot Id get him and then of Roche is in the 3rd grab him. Do you guys think Tavai has any value? think hes going to start again ? 

5 hours ago, NFL_Fan said:

well said. if wilson or fields are there at 7 do you pass on them? say chase and d smith  and parsons are gone. Im all about the trenches. so im okay with trade down for RT or Paass rush. down for parsons. Rosseau was top 5 just a few weeks ago. hes slipping cause he is "raw" ? no chase young but still. Parsons sounds better and better. the sound of a luke kuechly type talent is something for 8-10 years we never have to worry about. Shoot Id get him and then of Roche is in the 3rd grab him. Do you guys think Tavai has any value? think hes going to start again ? 

If Wilson is there, I'd sprint to the podium. I say this as a person who thinks highly of Goff.

5 hours ago, NFL_Fan said:

There’s a number of guys I take at 7. QB isn’t one of them. If Wilson is still there at 7, it’s because his knee exploded pre draft. 

11 hours ago, HashtagFTW said:

I’m the exact opposite. We are practically forced into Goff playing at least the next two years. I’m not ok with taking our #7 and using it on somebody to sit for two years. If Goff sucks, we’ll have a high draft pick next year and the year after when there’s still really good QBs coming out in 22 and 23. If Goff is good to great, then we wasted a #7 on someone we never ended up needing as the guy who’s going to be our future is already under contract for the next four years and is only 26. 

Like yeah, Goff has shown signs of sucking but he can turn it around under new guidance so we have to at least give him a chance to do so and that’s not by using a #7 on his replacement before he’s even played a game for us. 

I think we are all going to quickly realize the limitations of Goff’s game by like week 4 and wish we grabbed a QB.  Also I think he affords us the opportunity to allow a rookie QB to sit for a year or two and not ruin him.

I’m Ok if we don’t grab one but like I said i’m Really starting to come around to the idea.

8 hours ago, HashtagFTW said:

You never let a good player stop you from taking a great player.  Especially at the QB position.  If the front office think that one of the QBs is the next great QB then you take him.

48 minutes ago, HashtagFTW said:

There’s a number of guys I take at 7. QB isn’t one of them. If Wilson is still there at 7, it’s because his knee exploded pre draft. 

Wilson did have surgery on his throwing shoulder.  Who knows maybe a team red flags him but ours doesn’t.  Maybe Goff gives us the chance to roll the dice.  I mean it could happen...right...?

7 hours ago, Millenhater said:

Wilson did have surgery on his throwing shoulder.  Who knows maybe a team red flags him but ours doesn’t.  Maybe Goff gives us the chance to roll the dice.  I mean it could happen...right...?

every year guys move around a ton....a few weeks ago Wilson was not in the top ten. it was more talk of lance and Fields... now Wilson is "AUTOMATIC" ...well I think its automatic Surtain goes to 6...and slater and sewell.. So we will have some stud. 

8 hours ago, Millenhater said:

You never let a good player stop you from taking a great player.  Especially at the QB position.  If the front office think that one of the QBs is the next great QB then you take him.

There are 4 top ten QBs in this draft but there’s only one “great” QB prospect and he’s going number 1 overall. There may be a second in the bunch that turns out to be something special. But out of the four QBs, there’s only going to be one that falls to us. I’m not rolling the dice on a QB that 6 other teams valued 3 better than. 

7 minutes ago, HashtagFTW said:

There are 4 top ten QBs in this draft but there’s only one “great” QB prospect and he’s going number 1 overall. There may be a second in the bunch that turns out to be something special. But out of the four QBs, there’s only going to be one that falls to us. I’m not rolling the dice on a QB that 6 other teams valued 3 better than. 

I think Wilson is a lot closer to Lawrence than people think.  You ever wonder why when we get closer to the draft, players start to "slide" either up or down?  Its because more and more information about team's boards come out as time goes on in the offseason.  Its not like more tape has magically become available of players in the offseason.  Will never forget people mocked Jimmy Clausen in the top three picks in the 2010 draft.  Not top three rounds, top three overall picks.  Come draft day, he fell all the way down to my Panthers in the 2nd round.  I think QB is a position that, due to its importance on the field, gets DRASTICALLY overvalued year in and year out.  Why?  Because if God forbid, you liked a QB and didn't take him and he has success somewhere else, most of the time you are right back in the bottom 18 teams looking for a QB again.  Good QBs are hard to come by, so people will always take a chance on them if they see something they like in them.  There are two QBs I would take in the top ten, hell, the top three picks overall and they are Wilson and Lawrence.  If we could trade back to somewhere 15ish (13 to the Chargers, 15 to the Patriots, 19 to the Redskins, 21 to the Colts?), I could be okay taking Trey Lance depending how the board played out.  Unless we took Fields in the 2nd, I want absolutely nothing to do with him.  I pray the Jets take him at 2.  Outside of landing Wilson at 7, I feel we either trade back or are drafting a position other than QB in the first couple picks.

36 minutes ago, Pantherfan90 said:

I think Wilson is a lot closer to Lawrence than people think.  You ever wonder why when we get closer to the draft, players start to "slide" either up or down?  Its because more and more information about team's boards come out as time goes on in the offseason.  Its not like more tape has magically become available of players in the offseason.  Will never forget people mocked Jimmy Clausen in the top three picks in the 2010 draft.  Not top three rounds, top three overall picks.  Come draft day, he fell all the way down to my Panthers in the 2nd round.  I think QB is a position that, due to its importance on the field, gets DRASTICALLY overvalued year in and year out.  Why?  Because if God forbid, you liked a QB and didn't take him and he has success somewhere else, most of the time you are right back in the bottom 18 teams looking for a QB again.  Good QBs are hard to come by, so people will always take a chance on them if they see something they like in them.  There are two QBs I would take in the top ten, hell, the top three picks overall and they are Wilson and Lawrence.  If we could trade back to somewhere 15ish (13 to the Chargers, 15 to the Patriots, 19 to the Redskins, 21 to the Colts?), I could be okay taking Trey Lance depending how the board played out.  Unless we took Fields in the 2nd, I want absolutely nothing to do with him.  I pray the Jets take him at 2.  Outside of landing Wilson at 7, I feel we either trade back or are drafting a position other than QB in the first couple picks.

When you’re a bad team, and you lose a lot of games, finding your next qb is easy. It’s what these bad teams do with these QBs is what makes or breaks them. They surround him with an inconsistent culture. They don’t properly give him the weapons to succeed. They hold him back with bad coaching. Why take a QB when we have one at least good enough to make the playoffs and win a playoff game when we don’t know how good Campbell and co is going to be at developing and also when we don’t have much talent on the roster to help that QB develop?

Were acting as if Goff is a lost cause. He’s had more success in his 5 years than most QBs in their entire career. And he’s still super young and in his development years. If it don’t work out, we still got Slovis, Howell, Daniels and Rattler next year. 

Edited by HashtagFTW
  • Like 1