Rank the following QBs

patriotsheatyan

Tough thread. A lot of the QBs on here had a legendary season or two, but far from the hallmark of consistency. 

I’d say:

1. Kurt Warner

Absolutely dominant on two teams, even if it was only four seasons. Two Super Bowl Appearances and a win on two separate teams. 

2. Philip Rivers

Mostly because he was a Top 5 QB from 2008-2013, and 2017-2018. He was very consistent at being an Elite QB. 

3. Kenny Stabler

4. Dan Fouts

5. Warren Moon

6. Jim Kelly

7. Eli Manning

8. Troy Aikman

9. Joe Namath

Aikman is a super overrated QB. 

2 hours ago, patriotsheatyan said:

Ken Stabler

Dan Fouts

Warren Moon

Eli Manning

Philip Rivers

Jim Kelly

Troy Aikman

Kurt Warner

Joe Namath

How are we ranking them? Achievements? Against their contemporaries? Individual stats? Talent/ability?

Edited by Matts4313

8 hours ago, BayRaider said:

Tough thread. A lot of the QBs on here had a legendary season or two, but far from the hallmark of consistency. 

I’d say:

1. Kurt Warner

Absolutely dominant on two teams, even if it was only four seasons. Two Super Bowl Appearances and a win on two separate teams. 

2. Philip Rivers

Mostly because he was a Top 5 QB from 2008-2013, and 2017-2018. He was very consistent at being an Elite QB. 

3. Kenny Stabler

4. Dan Fouts

5. Warren Moon

6. Jim Kelly

7. Eli Manning

8. Troy Aikman

9. Joe Namath

Aikman is a super overrated QB. 

I won’t comment on Stabler or Namath because they were before my time. Eliminating those 2 I’d have Moon, Fouts, and Wanrner at the top in any order. I’d personally probably go:

Moon, Warner, Fouts, in that order but it’s debatable.

Aikman was a substantially better player than Eli though. He was like a stronger armed version of Matt Ryan to me. He also delivered some incredible performances in the playoffs against some great GB and SF teams. Kelly was way more overrated than Aikman. Dude used to fold like a cheap lawn chair in the SB, and his playoff numbers are incredibly mediocre. 

1 hour ago, BigTrav said:

Congrats to all those old enough to have seen these

I'm really ancient.  I've seen them all.  I find it hard to rank them.  Each of them had unique qualities but I would put Aikman and Namath towards the bottom of this list.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Superduperman said:

Kelly owned his whole conference for 5+ years

I never said Kelly wasn’t good, I said he was overrated. He wasn’t in the same class as Moon, Marino, and Elway. He was on the same rung as Aikman, still a very good player, but not truly elite. The difference is that Aikman elevated his numbers in the playoffs, Kelly didn’t. In fact his playoff numbers are much worse.

Edited by Archimedes

19 hours ago, Superduperman said:

Moon

Kelly

Fouts

Warner

Stabler

Rivers

Aikman

Manning

Namath

I'm not sure where I would rank Fouts, Stabler or Namath but the rest I agree with. I wouldn't argue with switching Kelly/Warner or Rivers/Aikman because it's close but I'd go with your order.

On 1/31/2021 at 7:46 PM, patriotsheatyan said:

Ken Stabler

Dan Fouts

Warren Moon

Eli Manning

Philip Rivers

Jim Kelly

Troy Aikman

Kurt Warner

Joe Namath

1. Kurt Warner

2. Dan Fouts