Jared Goff vs Carson Wentz

notthatbluestuff

Jared Goff vs Carson Wentz  

27 members have voted

1. 1. Goff or Wentz?

• Jared Goff
    • Carson Wentz

Wentz is still incredibly talented. You see him throw and move...and it’s just hard to believe that he can’t figure it out. I’m just not a fan of Goff. He’s a poor man’s Matt Ryan. The ceiling is so capped that I’m skeptical that he’s be great even if he figures out that mental part of the game. If the Saints had the pick of one of the two...It’d definitely be Wentz

• Like 2

1 hour ago, sammymvpknight said:

Wentz is still incredibly talented. You see him throw and move...and it’s just hard to believe that he can’t figure it out. I’m just not a fan of Goff. He’s a poor man’s Matt Ryan. The ceiling is so capped that I’m skeptical that he’s be great even if he figures out that mental part of the game. If the Saints had the pick of one of the two...It’d definitely be Wentz

Matt Ryan is much better than Goff IMO.

As far as talent I say Wentz. I was surprised Wentz was so successful early on. I thought he'd struggle early and get better, like Jared Allen. Somehow he did the opposite. Pretty scary.

Goff I expected to be pretty good out of the gate with a lower veiling. He struggled out of the gate, even if it was a rough situation. I still don't think he has reached his ceiling though.

I guess Wentz just because I think he physically can end up better.

Lol some people still cant change their mind on a QB. Goff is the better QB, it took Wentz looking complete idiot for me flip on him. He not only sucks but is awful teammate. Goff is just a system QB who fills out better the more talent around him. Wentz had better seasons prior to 2020 but his 2020 was so poor its hard to explain it away. I mean he preformed better injured in 2018 with a back injury then fully healthy in 2020. 

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, Chargers said:

Lol some people still cant change their mind on a QB. Goff is the better QB, it took Wentz looking complete idiot for me flip on him. He not only sucks but is awful teammate. Goff is just a system QB who fills out better the more talent around him. Wentz had better seasons prior to 2020 but his 2020 was so poor its hard to explain it away. I mean he preformed better injured in 2018 with a back injury then fully healthy in 2020. 

Well Wentz was sacked more this year in 12 games than Goff has been the last two years, 31 games. I think that explains most of it.

Not saying Wentz doesn't take some of the blame but if you are getting sacked every 10 drop backs and pressured every 3 you aren't going to be effective.