FF Big Brother 9: Swoosh wins!!

Malfatron

23 minutes ago, swoosh said:

@Malfatron and jury members:

Please bare with me this weekend. My girlfriend's parents are in town so my answers will be spotty. I'd like the opportunity to answer all these questions. 

Thats fine with me.

Questioning period will at least go through Monday and we will see where we are at. I may extend it as well 

• Like 1

10 hours ago, The Orca said:

@swoosh what specifically helped you get to where you are? 

Both of you, if you had 1 thing to do over again, what would it have been 

My social game. I'd put it up against anyone in this game. I was the only player in this game to never sit on the block. Not once in almost 100 days in this damn house. That speaks volume. And for someone who won only two challenges, it was  needed. Everyone in this game lies and you have to at times to survive, but I don't think you have to do it as much as people do it. For the most part, I was straight up with people and I think most people respected me for it, and felt they could trust me. A great example of this is a couple of weeks before your eviction, Jason came to me and offered a final two. I knew I couldn't honor that so I told him no. Who does that? Who turns down a final 2? That should've been an immediate red flag for Jason. I'm loyal, almost to a fault, but it helped me get here and I think there's something to be said for someone who plays like that and is able to make it to the end. 

Everyone know knows about my final 3 with Shady and Ted, but there are a few other deals I had. As you know, I had an alliance with yourself and Pickle. As I told you in chat, I felt really ****ty to have to evict you there. And I still feel bad about it. I really wanted Jason to put Outpost on the block there, but I had smelt out them working together. Jason and Outpost both mentioned wanting a final 3, so I knew I couldn't tell Jason to put up Outpost. I would've been toast. It's one of the few times I lied in this game and told Jason/Outpost I would vote out Shady. It was for self survival, but I still feel bad for not finding a way to keep you in the game. 

Midway through the game, I also formed an alliance with Daboyle and Josh. I tried to keep them both around, but it didn't work out and they both got eliminated. I knew my boundaries though. I was well aware of everything and knew when to push and when not to push. There were several votes where my vote was different than Shady and/or Ted's votes and that was okay. 

I also liked making mini-deals. An example of this was when ET and I had the best ranked players in the Big Brother simulation challenge. I approached ET and offered him a deal where if either of us won HoH, we wouldn't put each other up. I liked making deals like that because it a) is something I could actually hold up and b) was a good intro to forming a relationship with a player. That one didn't amount to anything because Dwight somehow won that HoH with the worst player. And while we're on that subject, if that's not the most perfect example of why challenges shouldn't be considered the end all be all, I don't know what is. Some challenges are skill-based, but I'd wager the majority of them came down to luck. And I just didn't have luck on my side this game when it came to that. 

I wasn't one of those guys that would reach out to everyone. There were tons of players I never reached out to or only talked to once or twice. That takes me to your next question. If I had to do one thing over again, it would be doing a better job with jury management. I think I was so focused on finding a way to make it to this stage, that I didn't put enough effort into ensuring if I got there, I'd have as good of a shot as I possibly could. Now I'm not saying jury members are only going to vote for people in their alliances (far from it), but it does make it easier if someone actually knows the backstory. I didn't talk to guys like Dwight and gopher than the a couple of times. I could've and should've done a better job at reaching out to them, even if I didn't have any sort of alliance with them. Challenges are where my case is the weakest, but is there nothing I could change there. I gave it my all and as I said, luck just didn't fall my way. I coined myself Mr. Second Place. 

8 hours ago, TedLavie said:

@swoosh I have two questions for you

1. Is there something you did in this game that I do not know and that I should know or get explained before I vote?

2. In the pickle vs outpost vote, you were supposed to vote pickle, I was supposed to vote outpost. I got drunk and paranaoid so I changed my vote, which was right since you changed as well. I understand why you did it but I'd like to know what did you envision for the rest of the game had pickle stayed vs outpost?

To #1, I was only going to mention #2 so let's jump straight into that. 

I didn't change my mind more so than I just lied to you and Shady. For the record before we dig deeper, that my only lie to you guys. I was 100% truthful other than that. As to why and I did, and I know you said you understand why but I wanted to provide a little bit more info on that. It was a combination of two things.

First and foremost, I had an alliance with the twins. It was my strongest one in the house other than ours. There wasn't anything promised (i.e. final 3), but unless they were pitted against you or Shady, I intended to not only vote to keep them, but make a strong push to keep them. In some cases, I'd vote one way, but wouldn't care too much. This was not one of those times. As soon as we agreed to strategically make it a close vote, I knew I had a chance. By lying to you where my vote was going, Outpost would be evicted by a vote of one. The rest is history, you voted to keep Outpost just to play it safe. 

The second reason is because of this exact scenario. Outpost is and was the strongest competitor in the house. I had no deals with him and I wanted him out. Simple as that. But even if it was somebody else, I still would've made the same move because of my alliance with the Twins.

Okay. Now onto what the game would've looked like with Pickle in the game versus Outpost. I think I'm still well positioned to make it to the end, if not in a better spot there. But since I still made it to the end, not much really changes in that aspect. I think the biggest difference it makes is with my chance to win this thing. Other than Outpost, there wasn't anyone else in this game who has that strong case with regards to challenges. You started to make a run there at the end, but Outpost won 8 in total. I think if I'm sitting here against someone else, it comes down to the nuances more. In all honesty, I'd like my chances better. Outpost is one of those guys where you need to take out early if you want to do it, but if he catches steam, he's hard to take down. I even fell victim to this by wanting to keep him around after I swung and miss with the Outpost/Pickle vote. Without Outpost in the game, it's more wide open certainly. It's anyone's game. That's a lot of challenges that are now up in the air and those could go 1,000 different ways depending on who would've won them. 

3 minutes ago, Outpost31 said:

I disagree on all challenges being luck.  I’m pretty sure I faired terribly on the luck challenges and dominated the knowledge/skill/talent challenges.

Would have to confirm.

I didn't say they all were luck. I said majority. But either way, I didn't mean it that you only won that many challenges because you were lucky. Not in the slightest. I was saying I didn't win a lot because some things just didn't fall my way. Things that were out of my control. Examples: Big Brother simulation where I had the best ranked player. Losing to Ted in a game of rock/paper/scissors. The brat challenge where I played the odds and was well out in front. Those are just off the top of my head.

I'd also like to throw out there were a good amount of veto challenges that I didn't get the chance to play in. I'd have to do the numbers on that. But those are easier to win just because you aren't going up against everyone. 

I have to leave for a bit, be back later. I know I still owe @ET80 answers. 

3 minutes ago, Dwight_Schrute said:

I will post some absolute banger questions in a bit. So you guys better ready.

Make them drinking related. Outpost drinks Busch Light or some nasty stuff like that, although I’m usually a bush guy.