FF Big Brother 9: Swoosh wins!!

Malfatron

38 minutes ago, swoosh said:

I did want you to do some of my dirty work, but it wasn't what you think. The whole game the plan was to keep the trio a secret. I mean, obviously right? Nobody wants alliances known. But I say that because that influenced a lot of what I said to yourself and others. I mean Jason kept trying to tell Shady that I wasn't loyal to him because I told him to put up Shady. Well yeah, that was all orchestrated. Shady told the same thing to Jason, except with me. If people found out about us as a group of three, we'd be an immediate target. Lots of two person alliances were known, but not many threes. Yourself/Dwight/Naz was one from the jump and Dwight/Naz both suffered because of it. So no, I didn't want you to take out Shady or Ted. I knew you had some sort of deal with Shady anyway. 

I did, however, use my insight from both sides to create an illusion of power, although some of that power was real. My goal was to take out everyone's support systems: Dwight for you, Gopher for Shady/Ted in order to have the best chance of making it here. Not only did I not talk to Dwight or Gopher much and thus would've been at risk of being nominated should they won a HoH late, I also knew by getting them out, each group would be forced to keep me close. This was less of an issue with Shady/Ted because we had a final 3, but more with you. As soon as I figured out I was safe with you, I started defended you to Shady/Ted. I'll stop there because I saw Shady asked a fantastic question about the time you and Dwight were on the block. 

I honestly love this strategy because it's exactly what I did the time I won. My strongest ally that game was JBurge, and he was off doing JBurge things making a ton of side alliances and talking to everybody. He was always a bigger target than me, so I didn't want him gone. But I did want his sidekicks gone. So every single week I was influencing the vote behind his back to strategically pick off his other alliances, leaving me as his lone ally. It's not easy to do, but it's highly effective when you are able to pull it off.

Also. Never associate me with Naz in any game we play. We may also be twins, but we aren't wombmates like those other ones. I don't want him to succeed. I think it's hilarious when he loses and/or gets voted out early. I make sure to harass him about it all the time and kill any self confidence he may have in the game.

• Like 1

On 5/8/2021 at 5:06 AM, ET80 said:

Same question to both @swoosh and @Outpost31:

- What was your biggest "holy crap, this is it - if this works I'm on top of the mountain" moment?

- What was the moment where you felt "well, it was a good run but this is it..."

- What do you feel your opponent did well?

- What did you feel your opponent needed to do better?

- What was your biggest "holy crap, this is it - if this works I'm on top of the mountain" moment?

I didn't think I'd be on the top of the mountain per se, but if I had pulled off getting Outpost out when he was up against Pickle, I would have felt really damn good. Yes, I would have had to lie to Shady and Ted to do it, but I think it would have been well worth it. For one, the strongest competitor in the house would be out. One that I had no deals with to boot. He was a huge threat. Proof is in the pudding there, he's the one I'm up against. I also would've been set up extremely well had Pickle stayed. More on that below, but yeah that was my biggest almost pulled it off moment that failed.

- What was the moment where you felt "well, it was a good run but this is it..."

There wasn't one. Due to the way I positioned myself, I can honestly say I never felt it was over. I was never nominated. I didn't sit on the block. I didn't feel threatened. It's kind of a lame answer, so I'll take this in a slightly different direction to I time I felt pretty defeated, not in the sense that it was over for me, but just that it was an unfortunate set of events that would force me to adapt. After the bcb and fin evictions, we were down to 12. Of the 12, I had my final 3 in tact with Shady/Ted, had my strongest alliance outside of that with Pickle/Orca, and had a recently formed alliance of Daboyle/Josh that I felt really good about despite being formed midway through the game. I had 6 people I really trusted. I was loving it. Then Pickle got evicted (we know the story on that one). Then Josh. Then Daboyle. Three weeks in a row, three bad evictions for me. It was the last 3 before the jury was formed too, which also was unfortunate. This is when I adapted and started to buddy up with Outpost. 

- What do you feel your opponent did well?

Just about everything tbh. See here.

- What did you feel your opponent needed to do better?

It works for him (clearly, seeing he's sitting here), but I think he could clean up his game a little. I've realized he just flat out lies. A lot. Some lies and deception are needed, but I think do without them and be just fine. I'll give you an example of this, which is top of mind because it's the most recent one. I was talking to Outpost about where we thought votes would go. He quoted Orca as saying something along the lines of "I'm just trying to deceive swoosh into making him think he has my vote". It painted out to Orca to being deceiving, which I immediately knew was a lie. I called him out on it and he admitted it. I'm just not a big fan of these sort of lies because they're completely unneeded in the sense they have 0% impact into ones chances of going further. A lot of people will take these as truth too and that can be damaging, even if you aren't considering game impact. He did this a lot too with Shady, which I at least understood why he was doing it. He was trying to break us up, but don't put quotes around things I didn't actually say. No bueno. 

Also, with regards to cleaning up his game, I did hear rumblings that he passed around a screenshot. That's borderline for me. I don't like that. I don't think he's a dirty player or anything like that, I just think he could clean some things up and be just fine. A lot of his deception is just outstanding game play. 

15 hours ago, Shady Slim said:

@swoosh, when you took outpost over dwight, the concerns that you held during the pickle vote were reiterated to you by me and ted. given that it finished 3-2, it would have flipped the vote had you gone such a way. do you still stand by that, and if so or if not, why?

A fantastic question. My favorite thus far. I could go either way here, but ultimately I stand by it. My reasoning for keeping Outpost was I needed him to help take out Gopher and Jason. Had Dwight survived, I would also need someone to take him out. As soon as Dwight was eliminated, I knew Outpost would be forced to keep me around. And if I'm being honest, I knew Outpost would be more of a number for me vs yourself/Ted, just like Dwight would have been more of a number for you than me. This plan nearly worked too, as we had it down to the trio + Outpost. I even won the HoH comp to nearly seal it. We were one veto away from all making it and then I wouldn't be sitting here against Outpost. I may not be even sitting here, but that was a gamble I was willing to take. I think if I vote out Outpost there, my chances of making it here are less because there would be more unknowns for me. I'd take that gamble again.

I do find it interesting that I controlled Outpost's fate and now am sitting here against him. As good as he played, he needed me. He doesn't get to this point here without me. 

• Like 1

16 hours ago, Shady Slim said:

this is... exactly what the rationale was! the plan was ted's idea initially so i can't take credit for hatching it but i think our implementation of it went pretty slickly, evidently, which is a cool thing - we knew when to gild the lily a little bit and i think that part of ted and i's strategic game shows we were a lot more than just social game players - and definitely had that killer streak that we could have argued to a jury too (my plan that swoosh executed to perfection on the orca eviction being the other relevant example)

fwiw @swooshwe didn't tell you about me lying to outpost about not trusting ted because this was right after the pickle vote and we felt we needed a safety net in place hehe - that was the only thing we kept from you really because we knew that it was you who voted to save pickle like straight away after the vote 😛

lol yeah, I think I even told you that I knew you guys knew it was me. You aren't dummies. It didn't make sense for anyone else. It could only be me. I was just hoping it wouldn't ruin the trust we had, given it was somewhat early in the game, and up to that point I hadn't had a lot of times to prove myself. But I was always going to be loyal to the both of you and I'm glad we all made it to the final 4. There were some times where I didn't look out for you indirectly (i.e. gopher), but I had to look out for my personal game as well. 

Really can't say enough about the loyalty that you and Ted both demonstrated, especially at the end. I thought Jason and Outpost both threw out some *interesting* offers, but I'd be lying if I said they didn't make at least some sense for you to take them. Well, not Outpost's deal. If someone actually throws the last comp, they have no business winning. But Jason's deal made a lot of sense from a game advancement standpoint. And you both stood true. I really respect that. 

• Like 1

16 hours ago, Outpost31 said:

I'm gonna be honest with you...

I'm going to finish the two New Belgium Voodoo Ranger IPAs I have and then I'm drinking the rest of the free Busch Light I got from work.  Only question is which ones I grab first and last. 

So I was right about the Busch Light? Outpost...

Whoa... I didn’t send out a screenshot of anything other than what I said, and it wasn’t even sent yet.

I took a screenshot of solely what I had typed out in a PM.

Jason asked me for screenshots of what Shady said about him and I didn’t send it.  I copied and pasted what Shady said in a post, but I never screen shot it.

@Dwight_Schrute, @ET80, @Shady Slim, @TedLavie, @The Orca, @jasonwbantle, @gopherwrestler...

@swoosh just dropped a suggestion that there are rumors I shared a screenshot in the game.

The more I think about that, the more I take issue with that.

Swoosh is right.  I tried to get him to think that Orca would take me instead.  HE asked ME to send a screenshot.  That's when I fessed up and admitted I was lying because I don't like the idea of sending a screenshot.  He said, "You already sent one," and I was like... Did I?  But I just went through our entire chat history and no, I had never sent a screenshot.  The truth is, Orca HAD expressed doubt in Swoosh. 

I just went through every single PM I sent to anybody in this game.  I just went through my entire chat with Swoosh.  I didn't send a SINGLE screenshot.

I sent two screenshots of what I said, and it didn't even show who the conversation was with or if I had sent it.  It was the text of messages I was drawing up. 

When Jason was HoH, he asked for proof that Shady was out to get him.  I copied Shady's messages to me and put them in a quote.  I don't even know how to do a direct quote between different PMs.

I did NOT send a screenshot.

And I'm a little perturbed by the subtle accusation or Swoosh even bringing it up when Swoosh sent not one, but two screenshots to me of what Gopher said to him.

Swoosh, what the ****, man?

Are you seriously kidding me?  Why would you say that? 

I was starting to think, "Heck, he's making a strong case, I might actually lose some votes to him, especially Dwight's."

Now I'm kinda bothered. 

11 minutes ago, Outpost31 said:

@Dwight_Schrute, @ET80, @Shady Slim, @TedLavie, @The Orca, @jasonwbantle, @gopherwrestler...

@swoosh just dropped a suggestion that there are rumors I shared a screenshot in the game.

The more I think about that, the more I take issue with that.

Swoosh is right.  I tried to get him to think that Orca would take me instead.  HE asked ME to send a screenshot.  That's when I fessed up and admitted I was lying because I don't like the idea of sending a screenshot.  He said, "You already sent one," and I was like... Did I?  But I just went through our entire chat history and no, I had never sent a screenshot.  The truth is, Orca HAD expressed doubt in Swoosh. 

I just went through every single PM I sent to anybody in this game.  I just went through my entire chat with Swoosh.  I didn't send a SINGLE screenshot.

I sent two screenshots of what I said, and it didn't even show who the conversation was with or if I had sent it.  It was the text of messages I was drawing up. 

When Jason was HoH, he asked for proof that Shady was out to get him.  I copied Shady's messages to me and put them in a quote.  I don't even know how to do a direct quote between different PMs.

I did NOT send a screenshot.

And I'm a little perturbed by the subtle accusation or Swoosh even bringing it up when Swoosh sent not one, but two screenshots to me of what Gopher said to him.

Swoosh, what the ****, man?

Are you seriously kidding me?  Why would you say that? 

I was starting to think, "Heck, he's making a strong case, I might actually lose some votes to him, especially Dwight's."

Now I'm kinda bothered. 

1. Screenshots seem fair game imo. Just like overhearing a convo in the house right? Always know what you say will change hands 

2. I think you are limiting the term screenshot down it its literal form here. 

3. Very important here, why do you think i expressed doubt in Swoosh? What did I say to make you think that?

15 minutes ago, The Orca said:

1. Screenshots seem fair game imo. Just like overhearing a convo in the house right? Always know what you say will change hands 

2. I think you are limiting the term screenshot down it its literal form here. 

3. Very important here, why do you think i expressed doubt in Swoosh? What did I say to make you think that?

I just didn’t like the accusation.  I personally think a screenshot is wrong in this game and I don’t use them.  Saying someone said something is fine, but seeing the absolute proof of a private conversation I think is wrong.

@jasonwbantle can confirm I flat out refused to send him a screenshot of what Shady said.

I don’t take issue with it when others do it really, but for Swoosh to say I did it when I never did and he did it twice just kinda got me.

As far as your doubt in Swoosh, pretty sure it was with the Pickle eviction and then when I thought it was you (when it was ET) who lied to me on that first ET vote.

I don’t remember exactly where it was, but I remember feeling confident you would choose me over Swoosh for some reason.  I’ll grant it could have been my belief and that you never said anything directly about it, but the notion that I was lying about you taking me instead of Swoosh isn’t accurate.  I legitimately thought you would choose me over Swoosh if it came to it.

At the same time, I could have sworn you had said something direct about it.  I remember exactly what Swoosh is talking about.  I remember the conversation and I thought in the back of my head about just sending the screenshot, but chose against it because, like I said, I don’t personally agree with screenshots.

I just looked back through our PMs and there’s nothing there to suggest it.

And I don’t think we had a conversation in Discord.

So... shrug emoji.

Edited by Outpost31

No no no no, I have this wrong.

I thought the conversation here was about who Orca takes to the final two.

I have the conversation now.

Swoosh literally tells me to prove it.  I LITERALLY SAY I AM NOT SCREENSHOTTING, THAT’S CHEATING.

I literally said that and admitted to lying.

We were discussing who Orca votes for in the jury and I did say that Orca said something about lying to Swoosh.  That wasn’t true.

So I lied about that.

But @swoosh, seriously, why would you bring up a rumor about me sending screenshots when I literally shot down a request from YOU for me to send a screenshot and I literally say I won’t do that because that’s cheating?

And you literally sent two screenshots of conversations you had with Gopher.

Swoosh and I have kissed and made up.  He’s a great competitor.  I’m glad he brought it up.  When @TedLavie, @Shady Slim and @jasonwbantle were having their fight, Ted suggested if someone was sending screenshots that’s bad business.  I didn’t want to respond then because I didn’t want to jeopardize Jason being on my side, but I was afraid there were rumors out there of me sending a screen shot.

I flat out, 100% did NOT send a SINGLE screenshot this game.  I said what was said.  That’s it.  Jason asked me for screen shots and I flat out told him I will NOT send screenshots because I find them to be against the integrity of the game.

I will say that the screenshot Swoosh sent of Gopher was innocuous.  It revealed that Gopher voted out BCB, and it revealed that Swoosh said I was more worthy of being saved from the block.  It was more Swoosh proving that HE said something than someone else saying something.

I apologize for overreacting, @swoosh.  Just didn’t like the accusation when I’ve never done it and you have.

I’m glad that you brought it up because it gave me an opportunity to respond to a rumor about me that is unequivocally FALSE.

• Like 2

27 minutes ago, Outpost31 said:

Swoosh and I have kissed and made up.  He’s a great competitor.  I’m glad he brought it up.  When @TedLavie, @Shady Slim and @jasonwbantle were having their fight, Ted suggested if someone was sending screenshots that’s bad business.  I didn’t want to respond then because I didn’t want to jeopardize Jason being on my side, but I was afraid there were rumors out there of me sending a screen shot.

I flat out, 100% did NOT send a SINGLE screenshot this game.  I said what was said.  That’s it.  Jason asked me for screen shots and I flat out told him I will NOT send screenshots because I find them to be against the integrity of the game.

I will say that the screenshot Swoosh sent of Gopher was innocuous.  It revealed that Gopher voted out BCB, and it revealed that Swoosh said I was more worthy of being saved from the block.  It was more Swoosh proving that HE said something than someone else saying something.

I apologize for overreacting, @swoosh.  Just didn’t like the accusation when I’ve never done it and you have.

I’m glad that you brought it up because it gave me an opportunity to respond to a rumor about me that is unequivocally FALSE.

I’m sorry @Outpost31. I didn’t see it myself, but I’m not lying. It’s possible I was lied to myself. But it did come up more than once and I thought I could trust it. I didn’t see it though, so I should have just left it out. I didn’t mean to put your character into question. ET asked me a question and frankly, your style of play was the only thing I could even think of. You’re a model competitor and I respect you. Please, jury, let that be known. I can’t think more highly of Outpost.

If the person who claims to have seen the screenshot wants to ask you a question, they can but I’ll leave it be. I should have just left it be. I shouldn’t have brought it up. It wasn’t my place. I’m truly sorry.

• Like 1

@Outpost31

The screenshot thing comes from me. Jason eluded to seeing some message from me to another player talking trash about him. The only person I told I was disappointed with Jason was you. So I figured either Jason was lying, or that you did send him a screenshot. I shared those concerns with swoosh and Shady in the Jason vs you vote and again after I think. 

For the record I believe that your reaction is genuine and I don't believe you did that. 

• Like 2