FF Big Brother 9: Swoosh wins!!

Malfatron

2 minutes ago, TedLavie said:

@Outpost31

The screenshot thing comes from me. Jason eluded to seeing some message from me to another player talking trash about him. The only person I told I was disappointed with Jason was you. So I figured either Jason was lying, or that you did send him a screenshot. I shared those concerns with swoosh and Shady in the Jason vs you vote and again after I think. 

For the record I believe that your reaction is genuine and I don't believe you did that. 

I did not.  He asked for screenshots, I refused.

8 minutes ago, TedLavie said:

@Outpost31

The screenshot thing comes from me. Jason eluded to seeing some message from me to another player talking trash about him. The only person I told I was disappointed with Jason was you. So I figured either Jason was lying, or that you did send him a screenshot. I shared those concerns with swoosh and Shady in the Jason vs you vote and again after I think. 

For the record I believe that your reaction is genuine and I don't believe you did that. 

Oh boy, did I mess this one up. If I knew this came from Jason, I never would’ve brought it up. Sorry again @Outpost31 and sorry to you Ted for bringing you into this. I honestly thought it came from Shady and I also thought it was first hand knowledge. 

And in knowing this, I respect Outpost even more. I can lose to him and not feel bad about it.

But don’t vote for him. Vote for me. I still owe some people answers, I’ll get to those.

Edited by swoosh
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, swoosh said:

Oh boy, did I mess this one up. If I knew this came from Jason, I never would’ve brought it up. Sorry again @Outpost31 and sorry to you Ted for bringing you into this. I honestly thought it came from Shady and I also thought it was first hand knowledge. 

And in knowing this, I respect Outpost even more. I can lose to him and not feel bad about it.

But don’t vote for him. Vote for me. I still owe some people answers, I’ll get to those.

To be fair to you, I might have badmouthed outpost a bit so one of you voted him out at f5 hehe. 

But yeah originally it came from one of the in thread rants of Jason 

• Like 2

On 5/8/2021 at 12:39 PM, Dwight_Schrute said:

@Outpost31 @swoosh

I am not going to read the previous pages so these could be repeat questions. If they are just tag Nazgul and call him an idiot. It's very seldom that our entire game resembles the exact path we came into the house with. When you first joined this game what was your core strategy, and what changes (if any) did you have to make to put you in the position of final two?

Secondly; did you feel as if you had full control of your own games? Were you making the decisions and moves necessary to advance yourself, or did you relegate those decisions to a different player. There is no wrong answer, as both have strong merits and players have won with both strategies. I just want to hear from both of you how autonomous your games were. 

No huge strategy coming into the game, but that was largely because I think if you come into the game with a specific strategy and don't adapt, you likely won't make it very far. Of course there were some general themes I wanted to stick to. First and foremost, I wanted to play a good social game. Challenges are hard to control, but how you interact with others is something that is 100% controlled by you. I focused on that part. I formed enough alliances where I felt comfortable in the house, but never overpromised someone. I felt that was important. Someone who reaches out to literally every single person in the house is just not a strategy that I care for. The Shady/Orca vote was hard enough for me. I don't know how people could do that on a consistent basis. Plus, it just seems so fake. This sounds incredibly lame, but I genuinely enjoyed interacting with the people I did. They're all cool dudes. At the end of the day, we're all playing a virtual game on an internet forum. I'm here to have fun. I like drinking on my own and talking to random dudes on the internet. Oh, is that just me? But yeah, loyalty was a big thing for me.

Since I didn't have a specific strategy coming in, I didn't have to make any changes in that sense, but I did have to adapt. Who I'm sitting up against is the biggest example of this. I came into the game wanting to work with him, then switched to wanting him out (about midway through against Pickle), and then decided I could use him to my advantage and opted to keep him. The Pickle-Josh-Daboyle evictions in back-to-back-to-back weeks is another good example. Those were three of my closest allies and they were all taken out right before the jury. That's when I decided it was in my best interest to buddy up with Outpost and force his hand to get close to you, by getting rid of you (sorry!). I figured he could help do some of my dirty work for me, whereas I hadn't formed that bond with you. And that's on me because before the game started, I even reached out to you. I just didn't do a good job of keeping that communication line open. This was far from the perfect game in how I would have drawn it up, but it all worked out in the end. And I have to think that's because of my ability to adapt when I needed to.

I'll also throw out that when there were about 8-10 players left, I PM'ed Malf and said "Operation stay off the block". Seems obvious, right? But it became a theme late in the game for me. I knew I didn't have many challenge wins, so figured by staying off the block, it would increase my chances of winning if I got here. Everybody thinks their social game is great, but what better way to prove it than that?

I made my own moves. When it came to votes, I liked that I could be honest with Ted and Shady and didn't necessarily need to make the same vote all the time just because we had a final 3. I'd even wager the majority of the time we had different votes. And it just made sense. It wasn't something I came into the game thinking I needed to do to advance, it just worked out to be that way. It was organic. Nothing was forced. I made votes that I thought would better my odds of making it here and I'd say it worked out well. A large part of why it worked was because of the trust built with others. I completely agree with you though, I don't think there is anything wrong with delegating decisions to other players. You have to know when to push the throttle and when to hold back. There were lots of votes that didn't go my way: ET being evicted over Jason and Outpost being evicted Pickle as notable examples, but you just have to go with the flow

Edited by swoosh

If Swoosh is going to keep using the never nominated defense, I'm just going to have to bring up that I was only nominated 4 times in spite of the number of HOH and POV wins I had.

Additionally, it's a GOOD thing to get nominated.  The, "He's already been nominated," thing is real, and it kept me from nominating Shady (which would have ensured Jason or shady went home). 

It's especially a good thing to get nominated early.  Such a good thing that I tried to get Orca to nominate me.  Really, I did.  I was working with Orca and Pickle in the beginning, and I didn't want Orca and Pickle to make any unnecessary enemies.  So I told Orca to nominate me.  I'm still confused why Orca didn't nominate me then when I told him to nominate me, but it's not, in my opinion, a great thing to go the whole game without being nominated. 

You literally watch the show Big Brother and they talk about this all the time.  It's kind of like an expectation.  So and so hasn't been nominated, let's throw them up.

So while Swoosh is using the no nomination defense, I am going to call it the not a threat perk and remind everyone that I was dodging threats left and right and had everyone coming for me.  And not only did I make it here, I made it here with the three other players clearly and implicitly stating that there was no way in hell they would keep me over any of the other two. 

I mean yeah, not a BAD thing to never be nominated, but kind of more like a perk than an accomplishment in my opinion. 

@Malfatron, do you have a big reveal time planned?  I missed it if you announced it. 

Just now, Malfatron said:

@swoosh @Outpost31 how you doing with question answering

i get my 2nd covid shot wednesday, so if you guys are prepared for me to call for votes either today or tommorrow, i would like to do the finale tuesday if possible

They're not asking me any questions and I don't know if that's a good thing or a bad thing.  If I'm winning, call votes today and do the finale today.  If I'm losing, wait as long as it takes for me to change their mind. 

2 minutes ago, Malfatron said:

@swoosh @Outpost31 how you doing with question answering

i get my 2nd covid shot wednesday, so if you guys are prepared for me to call for votes either today or tommorrow, i would like to do the finale tuesday if possible

I still owe Jason answers and maybe one or two more. Don't close it quite yet.

• Like 1

Also, let me peep that jury Discord and see if I'm winning.  I promise I won't screenshot. 

Also, ask me more questions.  I feel like Swoosh is making up plans he never had. 

Or I could just do this:

HOH 1 winner: Orca

noms: TLO and ET80

veto 1 winner: bcb

veto ceremony: bcb saves et80. orca nominates Finn

final noms: tlo and Finn

Evicted: TLO 8- 7

special update: Matts was evicted/banned.

Literally tried to get Orca to nominate me here.  Didn't want him to make any enemies.  I thought it was going to be me, Orca, Pickle and ET with a final four alliance.  I had to try for like the first half of the game to smooth things over between Orca/Pickle and ET. 

HOH 2 winner: Shady

Nominations: Dwight and Nazgul

veto 2 winner: outpost

veto ceremony: outpost saves Dwight. Shady noms bcb

final noms: Nazgul and bcb

evicted: Nazgul 10-3

I desperately tried to save Nazgul here.  I felt he would have survived against anyone while Dwight would go home against anyone.  I knew I had to win this POV or Dwight/Nazgul to have a chance.  My goal from the start was to get the best players into the jury portion, and I felt Dwight/Nazgul both deserved that distinction.

HOH 3 Winner: Pickle Rick

Nominations: Finn and ET80

Veto winner: Jason

veto ceremony: Jason saves Finn. Pickle noms mission

orca wins Pendant of production. cannot be nominated this or next cycle.

final nominations: et80 and mission

evicted: mission 7-5

This one I almost got into a lot of trouble on, but I don't remember how.  AGAIN I tried to get Pickle to nominate anyone other than ET.  Pickle said he would make it seem like he was a pretend enemy with ET, but I knew ET wouldn't buy that.  At this point I had spoken with Shady, and I knew that Shady, Ted and Gopher were working together.  I didn't like the thought of a 4 player strong alliance, so I convinced Pickle to put Mission up here.  He asked if I would be okay with being a pawn and I was like, "Nooooo."  I felt if I went up against ET I would be gone. 

HOH 4 Winner: Finn

Nominations:  pickle and bcb

veto winner: daboyle

veto ceremony:  daboyle saves pickle. finn noms josh

final noms: bcb and josh

evicted: bcb 10-1

This one I think I convinced Finn to nominate BCB other than Pickle and Orca.  If I didn't, I think Pickle and Orca go home a lot sooner. 

HOH 5 Winner: Orca

Nominations: Finn and ET80

veto winner: outpost

veto ceremony: outpost doesnt use it

Final noms: Finn and ET80

Evicted: Finn 8-2

This was the straw that broke the camel's back with ET.  After Orca did this, I knew there was no salvaging it, so I told ET's side that I would be alright with getting Orca/Pickle out, but I did that just to distance myself from Orca and Pickle.  I was not going to actively go after either of them.  I had Jason to go after at the time, and I was content with letting those two sides go after each other.  I was going to save ET from the block, but Orca/Pickle didn't want me to, so I cleared this with ET and he was good with the plan.  ET had grown a little weary of Finn. 

HOH 6 winner: jason

nominations: outpost and dwight

veto winner: Dwight

veto ceremony: dwight saves himself. jason noms pickle

final noms: outpost and pickle

evicted: pickle 5-4

Swoosh likes to take credit for ALMOST getting rid of me here, but the fact is that him almost getting rid of me here was negated by me taking agency and convincing Gopher to vote to keep me.  I knew I had to fight for my life on this nomination because Orca would be fighting like hell for Pickle, but AT THE SAME TIME, I KNEW HOW IMPORTANT IT WAS TO NOT COME ACROSS AS DESPERATE.  THIS IS A VERY UNDERRATED ASPECT OF THIS GAME THAT I LEARNED IN THE SECOND BB GAME I PLAYED.  If you act desperate when your life is on the line, you go home.  This never fails.  EVER.  So I played it really cool with everyone I thought would vote to keep me, ignored players I knew would vote to evict me and did some subtle fishing with players I thought I had a chance with.  Because of this approach, I survived this, my most precarious nomination. 

HOH 7 Winner: Outpost

noms: josh and gopher

veto winner: gopher. 

veto ceremony: gopher saves himself. outpost nominates shady

final noms: josh and shady

evicted: josh 7-1

This one I didn't really want to cement any enemies with, so I went with the inactive angle.  I didn't think I had the votes at this point to get rid of Jason, and I had really no other enemies.  I had to play up a target, so I picked Josh, and then I replaced Gopher with a player I knew wouldn't go home over Josh.  Really almost a wasted HOH for me because the timing wasn't quite right for me to make a move, plus I had a majority of allies playing in the next HOH (Swoosh, ET, Orca, etc). 

HOH 8 Winner: Dwight

noms: daboyle and orca

veto winner: outpost

veto ceremony: outpost saves orca. dwight noms jason

final noms: daboyle and jason

evicted: daboyle 4-3

This one was my first attempt at getting rid of Jason.  After he nominated Dwight and I, I tried convincing him I wasn't his enemy.  I think that also helped me survive against Pickle.  But here, the timing of it was just too perfect to not go for it.  I don't know why Dwight nominated Orca.  I'm pretty sure I told him not to, and it was at this point I was afraid that Dwight was jumping ship over to ET's side.  I was going to use the veto on Orca no matter what, as I had promised (he confronted me on me telling people I was trying to get rid of him and I told him to trust my actions, not my words).  Still, I asked for Dwight's blessing because the plan all along was to back door Jason.  I was never going to betray Orca and Pickle.  Ever.  Now when it comes to the final four... That might have made me pick someone other than Orca and Pickle, but the one thing I always do in these games is I pick one person to be 100% loyal to.  This game that happened to be two players, and those two players were @Pickle Rick and @The Orca (even ahead of ET).  But I did tell them from the start that once it got to the final four, I would have to eliminate one of them.  I would also have a final two partner when I decided on one.  I just never decided on one before Pickle left.  Anyway, Orca was always coming off the block here if I won POV. 

Then @ET80 lied to me.  I first blamed Orca because someone told me it was Orca.  When I found out it wasn't Orca, I knew 100% it was ET.  I confronted ET on it, he swore it wasn't him, but I knew.  I knew beyond a shadow of doubt that it was ET.  So what did I do about it?  I won HOH.

HOH 9 Winner: Outpost

nominated: jason and ted

veto winner: gopher

veto ceremony: gopher saves ted. outpost noms et80

final noms: jason and et80

Evicted: ET80 5-1

This is the one where everybody screwed me.  The plan was to nominate Ted and Jason, hope for nobody to use the POV and guarantee everyone would vote out Jason or suffer losing an ally.  Once Gopher won, I got Gopher to tell me he would vote out Jason.  I told Shady that I wouldn't nominate him and hoped in exchange he would vote out Jason.  Orca promised me he would vote out Jason.  Swoosh promised me he would vote out Jason.  I think even Ted told me he would vote out Jason.  So what did I do?  I nominated the guy everyone said they would vote Jason instead.  What did they do?  They voted out ET. 

But I didn't freak out.  Instead of freaking out, I went IMMEDIATELY to Jason.  I had just tried to eliminate him, and I managed to turn him into an ally? 

THAT IS WHAT SAVED THIS GAME FOR ME.

Turning my biggest enemy into my strongest ally literally after I had just tried to get rid of him.

Swoosh can hype up his social game all he wants, but that doesn't happen if I'm not good at the social game.

And that LITERALLY saved my butt in the next cycle.

HOH 10 Winner: Ted

nominated: Outpost and Dwight

veto winner: gopher

veto ceremony: Gopher doesnt use it

final noms: outpost and dwight

evicted: Dwight 3-2

I was a little scared Orca would betray me here for some reason.  But I was pretty certain I had convinced Jason to keep me after our conversation immediately after the last person was voted out.  This was the moment I knew I was going to go on a tear.  Gopher, Ted and Shady all wanted me gone and in spite of having a final three with Swoosh, Swoosh voted to keep me. 

HOH 11 winner: Outpost

nominated: ted and shady

veto winner: Swoosh

veto ceremony: Swoosh saves ted. outpost nominates gopher.

final noms: shady and gopher

evicted: gopher 3-1

I actually wanted Gopher gone here.  I told Swoosh, Shady and Ted this.  Gopher had lied to or deceived me on three consecutive cycles.  He had to go. 

HOH 12 Winner: Jason

nominated: ted and shady

veto winner: ted

veto ceremony: ted removes himself. jason nominates orca.

final noms: shady and orca

evicted: orca 2-1

This one I've already addressed.

HOH 13 winner: Ted

nominated: jason and outpost

veto winner: ted

veto ceremony: ted doesnt use it

final noms: jason and outpost

evicted: jason 2-0

This one I knew Ted/Shady/Swoosh were all 100% on wanting Jason out.  I didn't feel any pressure here whatsoever and I played both the HOH and the Veto in such a way as to either win or make sure Jason lost.  I didn't betray Jason per se, but I knew I had to compete in the next one.  If I had won this HOH, I would have 100% gone home the next round if I didn't win HOH or POV.  I didn't throw the HOH and Ted really did beat me, but my heart wasn't really in it anyway because I wanted to play in the next one.  I knew if I won the HOH or the POV I was going to make it to the final two.

HOH 14 winner: swoosh

nominated: ted and outpost

veto winner: outpost. removes himself. 

final noms: ted and shady

evicted: ted 1-0

I won the POV.  I was more afraid of Ted in the final HOH than Shady. 

On 5/7/2021 at 10:51 PM, jasonwbantle said:

@swoosh why does someone who barely won a single contest and hid behind two others in a 3 person alliance (getting them to do all your dirty work) deserve to win over someone like Outpost? What was your big game move? Finally, why should we vote for someone who admitted they’d rather be loyal then play the game or win?

The first part of your first question is a valid one, although still factually incorrect. I won two competitions this game. But yes, Outpost won more. A lot more. He without question is just better overall when it comes to challenges. But let's put all the facts on the table. He played in more challenges than me. A lot more. Six to be exact. The vetos are easier to win because you're only going against five people. I played in very little vetos early on. How one weighs challenges is up to them. I'm not going to fault anybody who puts a lot of stock into that. What he did was impressive, but let's not ignore that some of these are purely luck based. We all know that. One of his 3 HoH wins was the king of the hill challenge. You and I both put in the exact same strategy going all defense (except you had 1 speed, nice one btw). Why did we do that? Because it's mathematically the best strategy. It didn't pay off. That's how it goes sometime. I did that a lot and it just didn't work out at times. I don't regret any of my moves. I'd do it all over again. You play the odds, but with a sample size this small, it's not always going to work out. 

As far as hiding behind Ted and Shady, I have no idea where that's coming from. They'll even tell you we made our own moves. We made our own votes. Just because you didn't know about it, doesn't mean I hid behind them. Obviously keeping it a secret was by design. And having them do my own dirty work is far from the truth. Believe it or not, Shady won less challenges than me, and Ted didn't get hot until the end. If anything, I had Outpost do more dirty work for me. 

I deserve to win because challenges aside, I played a perfect game. I mastered the social game without throwing out false promises, managed to be the only one in the house to stay off the block the whole game, showed I could adapt, and was in absolute full control of the game at all times. There wasn't a single vote where I didn't know the outcome before Malf announced it. Outpost can't say the same thing there. And yes, I even knew the result of the Pickle/Outpost vote before. 

As far as me saying I'd rather be loyal than winning, it's a combination for a couple of things. For one, loyalty is huge for me. I meant that so that wasn't a lie. I enjoy the social aspect of this game and being true to my word, where I can. Lying for the sake of lying is just not who I am. To boot, you called me an idiot for not backstabbing Shady. Loyalty aside, how would that even have benefited me in the slightest? Truth be told, I think Outpost has a better case than Shady would have had (not saying Shady's case would be weak by any measure). Shady isn't sitting here against me. Outpost is. Throwing loyalty out the window, keeping Shady was the right move for me. Orca could've gone either way with Outpost and myself, whereas I knew I had Shady on my side 100%. It was a tough call, but one I'd make again if I were in that situation again. Secondly, the exact quote was something along the lines of "I'd rather be loyal to Shady than win with you." And that's true too. I don't like the way you play the game. Some of the things you say in thread cross the line for me. We're all playing Big Brother on a football forum. No need to get all worked about it. I know you'll whine over my response, but try taking a step back. Realize that you were voted out over Outpost, despite Outpost being the bigger threat. Why is that? It's because I'm not the only one who thinks you cross the line. I actually enjoyed interacting with you before that. You did bring excitement to the thread and the game in general. But you don't need to cross the line with some of the things you say. 

@Outpost31 what do you think I'm making up?

And you convincing gopher to vote to save you is irrelevant if Ted follows through with the plan. You would have been voted out 5-4. I'm also not taking credit for that. It's a moved that failed. It was an answer to a specific question about that. 

I'll read up more when I get home tonight.

Just now, The Orca said:

@swoosh

@Outpost31

Who did you all tell Jason to put up as a replacement the HoH that I was put up against Shady?

I'd have to check, but pretty sure you. It was either me, you, or Outpost. And I knew Jason and Outpost were working with each other (they offered me a final 3 around the same time) so I had to say you. But when Jason asked the first time, I said Shady, Ted, and Outpost. I didn't mention your name.