FF Big Brother 9: Swoosh wins!!

Malfatron

Heres some DR entries from @JoshstraDaymus who was very close to making the jury!

he outlasted his nemesis finn though

On 2/22/2021 at 12:13 PM, JoshstraDaymus said:

Diary entry:

People keep touching my food.

So I've been moving everything slightly to the left.

Last night, Outpost and BCB snuggled, and it was my doing.

You're welcome, world.

On 3/9/2021 at 7:45 PM, JoshstraDaymus said:

Diary entry:

I really want Finn out. I really really really want to be the one to send him packing. He rubbed me the wrong way in Survivor and I've never quite cared about his opinion. Then the spite nomination to put me up after Daboyle won and used veto was bush league. Trash move.

• Like 2

On 3/3/2021 at 6:01 PM, Daboyle said:

Diary Room 1: So far I’m in an alliance with Josh, Pickle, and Orca. In addition, I’ve made informal alliances with swoosh, ted, et, and finn (although I’m not so sure about et and finn’s intentions). But the only player I really carry any true allegiance to is Josh tbh.

He’s the only player in this game who I’m regularly communicating with about non-game stuff and I know we’ve got each other’s backs.

Another DR sesh from daboyle where he lays out his early strategy

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Malfatron said:

TRIGGER ALERT

@ET80 solo diary session may cause some people to be triggered in anger, BUT REMEMBER, this is meant to be all in good fun! And trash talk is encouraged!

Et, feel free to edit anything out after the fact

tenor.gif

4 minutes ago, Malfatron said:

TRIGGER ALERT

@ET80 solo diary session may cause some people to be triggered in anger, BUT REMEMBER, this is meant to be all in good fun! And trash talk is encouraged!

Et, feel free to edit anything out after the fact

I'm a millennial and have moved to my designated safe place. I'm ready.

• Like 3

Here goes!!

47 quotes from our favorite entertainer

On 2/13/2021 at 12:43 PM, ET80 said:

Because there are times where I need to talk on my own...

So, I'm aligned with two of the most volatile people in the game in Fin and Bantle - this is simple mathmatics, Bantle is the Junk Yard Dog who will tear through everyone in thread, and Fin is picking the targets out.

Key thing is to make both think that is their idea...

Off to play nice.

On 2/19/2021 at 7:50 AM, ET80 said:

So, I have a goal - my goal is to get Bantle as far as I can. It's less about any personal feelings, just a challenge I feel like taking on.

I think ever since my 2nd BB run - when I ejected Nazgul on the first vote and swung a big sword as the (eventually betrayed) head of the BDL - I've been considered a "big fish" that others go for. I don't know why, I'm not particularly good at challenges outside of Battlebots. But, that's the burden I find myself dealing with. 

Jason is typecast as a jerk - and, it's a well earned reputation - but he's approachable in these sort of games in 1v1 competetion. I don't know what he's saying about me in these Diary sessions, but I really couldn't care less. My goal is to get him to jury if I can, just to see if I can. I'll have to say, it's going to be hard; That dude holds a grudge like an old lady holds her purse on a subway, just clutches it close to his heart. I had to talk him from going kamikaze on Outpost - not because I'm working with Outpost (I am, it's like shorthand at this point between us) but because it's too early to build up direct tension.

Lay low, don't become a Chazza like Frank Lopez warned Tony Montana about.

On 2/20/2021 at 11:11 PM, ET80 said:

Oof. I don't want to vote Naz, but I'm not jumping ship after bcb saved me.

Finn has gone MIA. I'll still post up on the group Diary session, but I'm expecting that to fizzle out as he gets less and less attached.

Ok, time to talk to Bantle.

On 2/21/2021 at 6:41 AM, ET80 said:

I'm not going to be able to save Bantle from himself. He's too confrontational to make it to the jury section, he lives for creating adversaries.

That's not going to win this game. He's more interested in naming our alliance and creating friction than actually working with others to move forward.

I mean, I'm good - but I don't know if I'm THAT good.

On 2/22/2021 at 9:22 PM, ET80 said:

Yeah, I'm not that good. You can't fix stubborn. Somehow... I'm going to get blamed for this.

On 2/25/2021 at 7:48 PM, ET80 said:

So, looks like the twins have it in for me. No bother - if I don't beat them here, I'll get 'em banned.

On 2/25/2021 at 8:29 PM, ET80 said:

I swear - the twins must think I'm stupid.

Background: Outpost and I staged a fight at the tail end of his Survivor win, so we could create distance between each other next game (this game). We started off early with a F4/non-aggression pact with the twins while finishing up jury in survivor - and I had every single intention on following that. The Finn play and the Bantle play were side hobbies at most. Outpost and I went around with the distance in thread, but have been communicating the whole time. This little "appearances" thing? Never came up.

These two kids are full of it. That's fine, but don't assume we're eating what you're shoveling.

On 2/26/2021 at 9:19 AM, ET80 said:

The twins have woken the dragon.

- Connected with Bcb, got his confirmation of support (even with his standard rules in play).

- Connected with TedLavie, he's got my back in a voting situation.

- Shady Slim and Mission are committing to help me going forward.

- Outpost has support from Swoosh

- Dwight and I are chatting and I see opportunity for growth there

- JoshDamus and I caught up, he's committed to pulling me off the pile if I'm unsuccessful in Veto

Y'know, I was content on laying low, playing challenges and not getting caught in this part of the game early - I'm ALWAYS trying to do that, to be blunt. But you got two irrational, incestual twins mucking that up. Now that I'm in the game, there's no way out - I'm going to be asked to keep secrets, do favors, and lie to people I like.

This only furthers my dislike for those two idiots. 

On 2/28/2021 at 12:29 PM, ET80 said:

**** that.

This assface is going to leave me on the block. Eff him, he's on his own.

On 2/28/2021 at 12:29 PM, ET80 said:

Assface isn't on the edited list. Interesting.

On 2/28/2021 at 6:09 PM, ET80 said:

So, consider jason out of the picture.

On 2/28/2021 at 6:14 PM, ET80 said:

You can't really fix stupid.

On 2/28/2021 at 8:01 PM, ET80 said:

The level of obliviousness is staggering...

He actually thinks we're still aligned.

On 3/1/2021 at 6:52 PM, ET80 said:

Well, this could be it for me. The twins won - those two incestual brats broke a non aggression pact early on, and now they're firmly on my **** list - in and out of this game.

On 3/3/2021 at 10:08 AM, ET80 said:

MoL.png.dff256e0198c2729cca1afc1d76c5387

I am now on a journey to avenge my two fallen. @mission27 and @TLO - blood will be spilled for this.

On 3/3/2021 at 3:05 PM, ET80 said:

Reconciling for a second...

- I know one of the five was Shady. I asked him to do it so he wouldn't feel bad for turning on mission, and I would hold no ill will towards him if he did. I can't break that bond, it would be mean.

- I know The Orca cast a stone against me, it's why I'm going to brain him with a tire iron and leave him rotting on a beach somewhere, where his gases will accumulate and he'll blow up in a pink, bloody mass.

The other three? Not sure.

- Ted seems like he's playing the odds, but he's been loyal to mission before. So, that could be it. I wouldn't criticize him, he owes me a good bullet to the back.

- Gopher has me on ignore, for the most part. I'm most definitely seeing him working alongside the twins.

- Jason actually BRAGGED about how he saved me. I'm actually going to play along and pull the rug from under him. Seriously, he can't be THIS obtuse... Can he? I guess so?

- Finn? He's been absolutely silent with me in the Discord since we got started with our KTA gig. Like, what the hell? Could he be one of 'em? If so, I'm going to... Hell, I can't. I simply can't. If he is, I'd let him do it. 

I'm on shaky ground. Need to win a few comps to get ahead of it.

On 3/4/2021 at 5:50 PM, ET80 said:

Finn winning is absolutely fantastic - Pickle is up, and I know that pretty much everyone on that line wouldn't pull him from the block...

...except Josh. I like Josh, too. I don't know how to ask him to not pull Pickle off in this scenario.

Off to think about this. I have to play this carefully. Orca is starting to open up to me, need to leverage that through this challenge and after a Pickle eviction.

On 3/7/2021 at 11:29 AM, ET80 said:

*sigh*

Daboyle. Daboyle, Daboyle, Daboyle.

I love you bud, but what the hell was that all about? 

On 3/7/2021 at 3:50 PM, ET80 said:

Wow. I'm surrounded by idiots.

@FinneasGage you are an idiot of the highest order. It's hard to believe that out of seven million sperm, YOU were the fastest.

Kill the golden goose, see how your game ends up.

On 3/11/2021 at 8:52 PM, ET80 said:

So... my Spidey Sense tells me to not trust Outpost. I can't put my finger on it.

On 3/13/2021 at 10:19 AM, ET80 said:

If I lose, I don't have to drag dead weight anymore. If I win, I don't have to drag dead weight anymore.

This is actually a win/win for me.

On 3/14/2021 at 12:07 AM, ET80 said:

Seriously, I'm a bit insulted that they think I'm this stupid. 

On 3/14/2021 at 8:24 PM, ET80 said:

Side note - @TedLavie is REALLY crafty. Get on his good side, IMO. 

On 3/18/2021 at 8:30 PM, ET80 said:

It's been pretty quiet, or is it just me? Trouble could be brewing...

On 3/21/2021 at 9:13 AM, ET80 said:

Why the hell does nobody want to evict the twins!? Holy moly Jason, they flat out LIED to you before. Why trust them now? 

On 3/23/2021 at 12:16 AM, ET80 said:

I really have a feeling Jason is going to screw this one up...

On 3/23/2021 at 1:54 AM, ET80 said:

Getting warmer...

On 3/23/2021 at 2:14 PM, ET80 said:

los angeles lakers basketball GIF by NBA

JASON WITH THR FINISH!

On 3/24/2021 at 10:42 PM, ET80 said:

That actually worked, but the game is pretty much divided down the line. Pickle out will disrupt that group internally - Orca loses his leverage and others might be open to discussion.

My job is different - I'm going to make Orca MAD. Make him make a few mistakes, get him seeing red.

On 3/31/2021 at 5:08 PM, ET80 said:

I peed a little. In everything.

On 3/31/2021 at 9:43 PM, ET80 said:

Swoosh got to me via PM. Wouldn't it be wild if I connected with him and coordinated down to the final two with him this late?

Hmm.

On 4/1/2021 at 1:54 PM, ET80 said:

So, the plan is to nominate Daboye and Orca, then backdoor Jason. 

Jason called the wrath of Dwight early on - for virtually nothing at all. I need to protect Jason, but I don't know how to protect him if he's so volatile; Telling him up front is going to only incite him to an explosion, one he doesn't need (and will kill my inroad with Dwight/Outpost). I need to get Ted and Shady on board with protecting him - without letting him know he needs protection.

Frick. This need to be delicately handled.

On 4/4/2021 at 7:34 PM, ET80 said:

Holy hell. We might have pulled it off.

- Ted has a commitment from Gopher.

- Shady and I are working on swoosh.

That's a 5-2 vote. Jason stays.

@Outpost31 - we knew our Honeymoon phase had to end eventually. Sorry it had to be on this vote.

On 4/4/2021 at 10:14 PM, ET80 said:

So, swoosh isn't going Jason. Still looking at 4-3 if Gopher does what he's supposed to do.

(I still don't know if I have faith that Gopher will do what he needs to do, if I'm being honest).

We're entering the real game now. 4-3 vote will eliminate a group and establish a new order in the house - if Jason stays, it's it's our group (Jason, Gopher, Ted, Shady, me). If not, it's Daboyle, Dwight, Orca, Outpost (probably Gopher, too - maybe swoosh?)

We might already be fighting an uphill battle. I do feel as if this won't end well for Jason and I'll lose leverage with Dwight and Outpost (specifically Outpost).

*Shrug* At least I made jury.

On 4/5/2021 at 7:33 AM, ET80 said:

You're right, Jim Gordon. Things WILL get ugly.

Outpost and I will end up on opposite sides, and that's basically Batman v Batman (I've always fancied myself as Michael Keaton. Maybe Val Kilmer). 

Right now, Outpost thinks it was Orca, but I think he's setting a trap to get me to admit voting to keep Jason (Orca isn't keeping Jason after Jason backdoored Pickle - and Outpost knows this). I can't leak that, but Swoosh already has an idea I was a vote in that direction, so it'll hit soon. I can turn it on swoosh as Outpost wanted me to gauge his propensity to vote Outpost out, so I can sell it up as that. I could also sell THAT to swoosh, so we can basically play a shell game with Outpost (but assuredly get up on the block if Outpost won the challenge).

I'm sure I'm a backdoor candidate this cycle. Not even a nomination... because people know I can work out of that.

*Shrug* at least I made jury.

On 4/5/2021 at 12:26 PM, ET80 said:

Outpost is wise to me now. Not sure how to play it. Do I deny?

On 4/5/2021 at 1:00 PM, ET80 said:

I deny. I redirect. I probably put myself on the block this round. 

*Shrug* At least I made jury.

On 4/5/2021 at 1:33 PM, ET80 said:

You see... Most people in this game would see this as the ultimate in-game moment. I see it as... throwing away years of cooperation and trust. 

Sooner rather than later, Outpost is going to come for me. And that will by greatest challenge in these games, surviving that onslaught.

I've defeated the BDL, I've defeated the MoL, I've defeated the twins. I think those experiences will ultimately lead to an eventual boss battle against Outpost.

It's like Double Dragon, when you had to fight your twin at the end...

GIF by Tras la Cámara

On 4/6/2021 at 7:59 AM, ET80 said:

I may or may not play in these games going forward - if I do play, I'll have to really think about pairing up with Jason again.

On 4/6/2021 at 8:39 PM, ET80 said:

So... This happened.

I'm really in between both factions right now. This is not a position I want to be in.

On 4/6/2021 at 8:53 PM, ET80 said:

NO! NO! SONOFABITCH, NO! GUDDAMIT!

Jason is a ferocious competitor, but he basically begs for heat. I'm asking to get sunk by agreeing to this.

****, ****, ****, ****.

On 4/7/2021 at 10:09 PM, ET80 said:

So, Jason has THREE Final Two offers out there. 

If anything solidified he needs to go, it's this. You can't spread yourself out like that and expect loyalty from anyone.

But, I'm sure it's everyone ganging up on him. He'll be the victim...

On 4/9/2021 at 7:59 PM, ET80 said:

Hahahaha, Jason has NOTHING on me.

On 4/9/2021 at 8:11 PM, ET80 said:

Ron Howard Narrator Voice: His PM box would not be open.

On 4/9/2021 at 11:05 PM, ET80 said:

Boy... he is panicking:

I know with near certainty I'm winning this vote. 

Dwight - voting to keep me

Shady - voting to keep me

Ted - voting to keep me

Swoosh - voting to keep me

Gopher - 50/50

Orca - 25/75

If I don't win this vote, I'll be surprised.

*Shrug* at least I made jury.

On 4/11/2021 at 7:40 PM, ET80 said:

...well, don't I look stupid. Unusually stupid at that.

Good game @jasonwbantle - you're ferocious out there.

Don't talk to me again, @Shady Slim.

Looks like we're even, @TedLavie.

@swoosh, you had me convinced. Never again.

@The Orca - 4th time is a charm, isn't it? Now I can put you on ignore again. Who wins now, eh?

I'm forgetting someone, but they're probably forgettable to begin with.

@Dwight_Schrute - you kept the faith. Next run, I'm your huckleberry.

Good night to you all!

- ET

On 4/27/2021 at 9:21 AM, ET80 said:

I betcha @TedLavie and @Shady Slim miss me right about now.

Hey, buttfaces - this is what happens when you pick plastic over paper. I'm as good as paper cash money, but you picked the really big, phallic shaped plastic "massager". And now, it's doing what it does best - banging you like the Astros bang a trash can. 

Enjoy the L, nerds.

• Like 3

who can follow that hot LAVA

well, nobody really

but heres who WILL follow it because that is whos next in my PMs

its one of our finalists, swoosh!

On 2/24/2021 at 9:51 PM, swoosh said:

Diary entry:

To be frank, that challenge was rigged, Julie. Let it be known to the viewers at home I still have the biggest and bestest weiner in this house. 

On 3/3/2021 at 5:32 PM, swoosh said:

Diary:

With mission out of the house, I no longer have any competition to get laid. Unfortunately it's all dudes in here. 

• Like 1

some very insightful DR musing by @TedLavie

On 2/26/2021 at 3:25 AM, TedLavie said:

Confessional 1.

Sup Julie, 

Let's do a quick recap of what is going on so far. I'm in an alliance with Shady and swoosh. I'm hoping this is a f3 type of alliance, right now I'm committed to that at least. The one I worry about - mainly because we've never been allies before is swoosh, but we will see how this goes. 

I'm also good with the twins for now. It's good to be on their good side for once, they definitely are power right now. I have heard ramblings about a push against them but I think I will stick with them right now. Last person I will mention is Jason. I think he's quite uneasy with his position but I'm not sure why. I've never played with him before so I will do my best to reassure him when needed and see how it goes. 

The rest vary between good to decent relationship (josh, Boyle, Gopher, bcb) to little to no relationship (Dwight, et, outpost, finn, mission). So overall I think I am pretty solid for the early phase. As we hopefully get rid of Finn, Dwight and possibly outpost I will re assess 

On 3/7/2021 at 5:52 PM, TedLavie said:

Made my first major screw up in telling the twins about a group targeting them with info given to me by Shady. 

On one end, it solidifies my place with twins, Boyle and Josh. On the other end, I don't think Shady will be very happy. The twins have a big mouth and it's going to make him look bad. 

I still think outpost is the big dog and he's navigating well through the twins vs et/finn despite having few allies I think. I don't know why me and swoosh are the only ones seeing that apparently. 

I really need to win one of those HoH to put him on the block. 

On 3/20/2021 at 8:43 PM, TedLavie said:

I'm now part of three alliances.

The main one is still Swoosh-Shady-me. Ideally that's the f3, and I don't plan on betraying those guys.

The second one is Josh-boyle-twins-me. This is the one I'm probably betraying the soonest. First, I'm alone against two strong duos. Plus I don't trust the twins. Orca has already told Outpost I'm targeting him (which is true) and told some additional flavor lies to the same Outpost. Ideally, I convince someone to take Boyle out and blame it on the twins so that I can pull Josh closer to me. 

The most recent one is Shady-ET-jason-me. This is an anti-twin, anti-outpost alliance. I'm hoping this one goes further than the previous one because it would be easier to maneuver swoosh in with the help of Gopher, who I trust.

Shady and twins are looking strong currently. As long as I can keep not winning HoH and maneuver in the shadows, I'm at my best so let's keep it going

On 3/25/2021 at 2:37 AM, TedLavie said:

So this was a game altering vote. I can't believe I sided with Outpost. We'll see if I made a good move or not later I guess but doubts are creeping in 

On 3/30/2021 at 10:35 AM, TedLavie said:

Like in every game of this sort I played, right in the middle of it I'm starting to lose a bit of control haha. 

First, there was an unexpected vote against outpost in the pickle - outpost duel. It should have been 6-3 and I'm scared that the liar among the 6 is swoosh. Hard to know for sure but if it is then it would be a serious breach of trust from my #1 ally with Shady 

Now, either Shady or Josh is gone. If it's Shady, then I have officially lost control on everything. If it's Josh it's expected but that doesn't bode well for me because there is a group of people that could work together without me between et, bantle, Dwight, outpost and Shady and I could lose valuable power. I want outpost to go asap but I am starting to wonder if ET isn't the bigger fish here. 

Also of note, if I don't make a move now I will have a hard time beating Shady without backstabbing him and I do not want to backstab him. 

Guess it's time to win a HoH I guess

On 4/19/2021 at 9:38 AM, TedLavie said:

Two days ago I was dominating this game. I orchestrated a perfect ET blindside, I had alliances with Shady, gopher, Jason and swoosh and was about to kill off outpost. 

Now that Jason flipped and outpost won HoH, I might be out of it lmao if I don't win this veto. How quick things can turn around 

• Like 2