Stafford QB 2021 Mock Draft *edited*

RamPackFan

Trade: Joseph Noteboom to Indianapolis for 2021 5th round pick. Move up to select Quinn Meinerz in 4th in exchange for 2021 5th and 7th. 

Key Departures: Leonard Floyd, Malcolm Brown, Gerald Everett, Troy Hill, Josh Reynolds, Austin Blythe

Trading Goff and restructuring Stafford's contract saves us $ in the end and we are able to keep 1/2 players. Johnson vs Floyd. We go with Johnson. I feel like T.Lewis will step up huge next year. 

Key Resigns: John Johnson III, Johnny Mundt, Darious Williams 

Key FA Signings: Ryan Kerrigan, Marvin Jones Jr

2021 DRAFT RESULTS:

2. Patrick Jones II- Edge/Pittsburgh

3. Pete Werner - LB/Ohio State

3. Quinn Meinerz - C/UW Whitewater

4. Aaron Robinson - CB/UCF

4. Hunter Long - TE/Boston College 

6. Anthony Schwartz - WR/Auburn

Wouldn't hate it, but not sure the realism. A lot of these guys have inflated stocks due to the senior bowl. Not sure they could be had where you have us taking them. But a good effort.

Edit: I think the update is more realistic and wouldn't be too disappointed.

Edited by LARams91

I’m dubious that we will be able to bring anyone back other than Williams since we hold his RFA rights. 

But if we were to, I’m not sure JJJ will be the guy that we do. It’s not even money related at this point. He’s been pretty vocal about where the team stands with him as a FA. Plus the Safety/DB investment we’ve already made in recent years. 

I think between Floyd and JJ, we keep Floyd just based on recent Rapp and Burgess returning and them being drafted for this very moment.

I've also read that Stafford doesn't want to restructure, but I would imagine Donald and Ramsey will get a phone call to do so.

I think we will likely draft a CB somewhere, but that's just the position that cannot have enough depth, but I think David Long gets his crack at slot CB in Hill's departure. 

4 hours ago, BStanRamFan said:

I think between Floyd and JJ, we keep Floyd just based on recent Rapp and Burgess returning and them being drafted for this very moment.

I've also read that Stafford doesn't want to restructure, but I would imagine Donald and Ramsey will get a phone call to do so.

I think we will likely draft a CB somewhere, but that's just the position that cannot have enough depth, but I think David Long gets his crack at slot CB in Hill's departure. 

I'd rather move Rapp and keep Johnson, personally. I've been hearing we might still be able to keep one if not both johnson and Floyd now that we got rid of Goff. Idk...I'm awful at gauging the cap salary thing. That being said, there's been a few cryptic messages referencing to JJ staying in LA.

Edited by RamPackFan

On 2/1/2021 at 10:13 AM, RamPackFan said:

I'd rather move Rapp and keep Johnson, personally. I've been hearing we might still be able to keep one if not both johnson and Floyd now that we got rid of Goff. Idk...I'm awful at gauging the cap salary thing. That being said, there's been a few cryptic messages referencing to JJ staying in LA.

That's probably more referring to a solid chance the Chargers sign him.  Nasir Adderly has been relatively underwhelming, but there's a decent chance Staley opts to run the 3-safety package there a decent amount - and both Rayshawn Jenkins and Desmond King are UFA's, I believe, so they may just elect to let them move on if the going -rate for either of them is anywhere close to what Johnson would be demanding.  Plus, it would allow them to let Derwin James roam to his hearts content - in the similar role that Jordan Fuller broke out in for us this year, letting James play some safety, some nickel/dime LB, and some slot corner/man-up on TE's.

• 2 weeks later...
On 2/3/2021 at 2:23 AM, The LBC said:

That's probably more referring to a solid chance the Chargers sign him.  Nasir Adderly has been relatively underwhelming, but there's a decent chance Staley opts to run the 3-safety package there a decent amount - and both Rayshawn Jenkins and Desmond King are UFA's, I believe, so they may just elect to let them move on if the going -rate for either of them is anywhere close to what Johnson would be demanding.  Plus, it would allow them to let Derwin James roam to his hearts content - in the similar role that Jordan Fuller broke out in for us this year, letting James play some safety, some nickel/dime LB, and some slot corner/man-up on TE's.

The Chargers traded King to the Titans during the season.

5 hours ago, btfd16 said:

I want Quinn Meinerz so bad hahaha but he’s going to be over his drafted projections because of the Senior Bowl. 

Maybe.  Maybe even likely.  But I'd wager not to the degree of overdrafted that we're used to seeing because there is another factor that hasn't been taken into account which is wholly unique to current circumstances (i.e. pandemic) and for which there is no historical data to assume a trend from: How and how much will recency bias affect the draft stock of the players who elected to sit out the 2020 college season due to COVID?  There are A LOT of factors in play that are getting shined over by folks - probably because there's really no way to make an educated guess on it due to lack of historical evidence to draw opinions from.

• 4 weeks later...