Post-Stafford Trade Salary Cap Status

Just Want A Title

1 hour ago, NFL_Fan said:

what do you mean? when were they on the field???? lol

I'm not saying they were good.  But we were dreadful without them on the field.  And cutting them just means more holes to fill with limited cap room.  I am not saying thats reason to not cut them, as we likely will need to just to sign our draft picks.  But we still will have more holes to fill with no cap room to do it. 

Shelton was a complete waste. I'd start Penisini or Kevin Strong or Frank Herron over him in a second. Williams wasn't much better.

Coleman, Dahl and maybe even Trufant could conceivably be better if the Lions got their crap together as an organization.

But if all 5 have to go and be replaced by UDFA's or vet minimum guys, so be it.

9 hours ago, Superduperman said:

Shelton was a complete waste. I'd start Penisini or Kevin Strong or Frank Herron over him in a second. Williams wasn't much better.

Coleman, Dahl and maybe even Trufant could conceivably be better if the Lions got their crap together as an organization.

But if all 5 have to go and be replaced by UDFA's or vet minimum guys, so be it.

Which I agree with.  I was simply stating it was opening up 4/5 starter spots that need to be filled on a team that already needs starters.  We filled it with UDFA and trash last year and had the worst defense in Lions history and one of the worst in NFL history.  Yes all of those guys need replaced, just will be tricky to replace them with more talent across the board this year with limited cap space and limited picks especially when we have no WRs on the roster. 

17 minutes ago, Sllim Pickens said:

Which I agree with.  I was simply stating it was opening up 4/5 starter spots that need to be filled on a team that already needs starters.  We filled it with UDFA and trash last year and had the worst defense in Lions history and one of the worst in NFL history.  Yes all of those guys need replaced, just will be tricky to replace them with more talent across the board this year with limited cap space and limited picks especially when we have no WRs on the roster. 

Spoiler: They won't be replaced with more talent. We're going to have some scrubs out there this year, but at least they'll be young.

The Lions are going 4-12 in 2021. Even if the new coaching staff are geniuses, they'll be putting in systems and they'll have a substandard roster.

Edited by Superduperman

2 hours ago, Superduperman said:

Spoiler: They won't be replaced with more talent. We're going to have some scrubs out there this year, but at least they'll be young.

The Lions are going 4-12 in 2021. Even if the new coaching staff are geniuses, they'll be putting in systems and they'll have a substandard roster.

I think you nailed it except you might be optimistic at 4-12. 

16 hours ago, Superduperman said:

Maybe I'm crazy but I still think Dahl has value.  I thought he actually played pretty well to start the season.  If anything I think he's a good back up that call play all over the line.