Official 2021 OL Thread

goldfishwars

On 3/18/2021 at 2:56 PM, MOSteelers56 said:

I don't think Cleveland is going to play C. He's a pure OG. I think I'd rate them Humphrey and then Meinerz. Dickerson is quite possibly a DND for me. His legs are made of glass. 

Pretty much hit the nail on the head here with this one.  Creed Humphrey has the body of work and the pedigree to be the top ranked OC in the class.  Meinerz is a Day 2 pick, and can probably play any of the interior OL positions.  IF Dickerson didn't come with the injury concerns, he'd probably be neck-and-neck with Humphrey for top C int he draft.  Does Cleveland even have any C experience?

1 hour ago, CWood21 said:

Pretty much hit the nail on the head here with this one.  Creed Humphrey has the body of work and the pedigree to be the top ranked OC in the class.  Meinerz is a Day 2 pick, and can probably play any of the interior OL positions.  IF Dickerson didn't come with the injury concerns, he'd probably be neck-and-neck with Humphrey for top C int he draft.  Does Cleveland even have any C experience?

I was a little down on Humphrey for awhile, but his athletic testing changed my mind about him a little. I don't think Cleveland played a snap at C his entire career. Maybe in practice and stuff. 

3 minutes ago, MOSteelers56 said:

I was a little down on Humphrey for awhile, but his athletic testing changed my mind about him a little. I don't think Cleveland played a snap at C his entire career. Maybe in practice and stuff. 

Humphrey is just gonna be one of those plug 'n play for the next decade, and you're probably not going to think much about him.  He's not an Alex Mack or Nick Mangold-level of prospect, but he's probably in that next tier as far as C prospects go.

18 minutes ago, NYRaider said:

The Raiders need a plug and play RT, who do you guys like more? Teven Jenkins or Jalen Mayfield?

For me personally it’s Mayfield based on upside. But Jenkins might be your guy for more plug and play. Mayfield turns 21 in May, and Jenkins just turned 23 March 3rd. 

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, NYRaider said:

The Raiders need a plug and play RT, who do you guys like more? Teven Jenkins or Jalen Mayfield?

Pretty much what @Scoundrel said. If you want plug and play, Jenkins. That dude is a people mover and he should be a starting RT from day 1. Probably won't take a lot of lumps. Mayfield is just tapping into his talent. He's probably good to go right off the bat at RT or OG, but he'll probably have some bad beats throughout the season. In a couple years he could be a top tier player at any line spot except C. 

• Like 1

How big of a deal is Creed Humphrey snapping left handed, like who else snaps left handed? Will it be a translation issue for whoever his QB is? No big deal? Random plus factor for the Dolphins with Tua (also left handed)?

6 hours ago, NYRaider said:

Jalen Mayfield isn't plug and play imo he's projectably very good, but undeveloped technique wise