Official 2021 OL Thread

Teven Jenkins as the #2 OT is...interesting.  I'm not sure how I can justify taking someone that high given that he's almost a pure RT.  The rest of the OTs after the top 3 (Sewell, Slater, and Darrisaw) are interchangeable, but those 3 are pretty solidly atop the board for me.  Nothing crazy with the IOL.

• Like 1
3 hours ago, CWood21 said:

Teven Jenkins as the #2 OT is...interesting.  I'm not sure how I can justify taking someone that high given that he's almost a pure RT.  The rest of the OTs after the top 3 (Sewell, Slater, and Darrisaw) are interchangeable, but those 3 are pretty solidly atop the board for me.  Nothing crazy with the IOL.

What makes him a pure right tackle?

4 hours ago, Ragnarok said:

I think Jenkins ends up being like Bulaga.  A consistently solid player you almost forget about because he just does his job week in and week out.

I don't see those kind of pass pro skills.  He was a "bad" athlete at OT.  But he made the most of it with strong technique.  Don't see that being Jenkins.  In the right scheme, I think he's a plug 'n play RT for the next decade.

Any Opinions on Stone Forsythe out of Florida? Zierlein has him ranked as his 6th ranked OT ahead of Eichenberg, and Chiefs sent their OL coach to personally work him out at the at the Florida Pro Day.

4 minutes ago, Chiefer said:

Any Opinions on Stone Forsythe out of Florida? Zierlein has him ranked as his 6th ranked OT ahead of Eichenberg, and Chiefs sent their OL coach to personally work him out at the at the Florida Pro Day.

Big, strong, and very long. Uses his length extremely well. Powerful punch. Has the movement skills to play LT. But twitchy and explosive speed rushers will give him some problems as he doesn't have great agility and could struggle to redirect if they explode upfield and then counter back inside. As a run blocker, he is strong but plays too high. Doesn't get as much movement as you'd hope.

Although, he posted great agility scores at the UF Pro Day and came in probably 20 to 30 pounds lighter than he played, so the drop in weight might allow him to play with better agility. 

Lance Zierlein is also very high on him:

https://www.nfl.com/prospects/stone-forsythe/3200464f-5259-4051-69a5-9f094df3af62

He compared him to Nate Solder. 

• Like 1

Jenkins might sneak his way into the top 15 if teams think he is athletic as those numbers suggest.  Also has some of the better length in this OT class.