Official 2021 OL Thread

goldfishwars

On 4/1/2021 at 6:12 AM, THE DUKE said:

I think Eichenberg is a guy that NFL teams are going to like a lot more than draft twitter.  I think he goes late rd 1/early rd 2.

Fully agreed. He’s been my second favorite Tackle the entire draft process, and I have him ranked #13 overall. I’d actually be shocked if he didn’t go in the 1st. Just one of those players I’m betting NFL Teams love and the internet is meh on. 

5 hours ago, BayRaider said:

Fully agreed. He’s been my second favorite Tackle the entire draft process, and I have him ranked #13 overall. I’d actually be shocked if he didn’t go in the 1st. Just one of those players I’m betting NFL Teams love and the internet is meh on. 

Saw this comparison 

Eichenberg

20 yd shuttle 4.57

3 cone  7.53

vert  28.5

Ronnie Stanley 

20 yd shuttle 4.69

3 cone 7.96

vert 28.5

Not sure how anyone could state LE doesn’t have the athleticism.  Arm length came in sub 33” inches though at 32 3/8, that could be a concern

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, BoltsFan937 said:

Saw this comparison 

Eichenberg

20 yd shuttle 4.57

3 cone  7.53

vert  28.5

Ronnie Stanley 

20 yd shuttle 4.69

3 cone 7.96

vert 28.5

Not sure how anyone could state LE doesn’t have the athleticism.  Arm length came in sub 33” inches though at 32 3/8, that could be a concern

The arm length could be a concern, but I think he’s a solid RT at the next level. Not All-Pro level or anything, but a plug and play solid starter at RT for the next decade. His athleticism is very underrated, VERY. He also is a total technician and never gives up sacks. I don’t think I’ve ever even seen him give up a sack. At least he hasn’t in the past two seasons. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, BayRaider said:

The arm length could be a concern, but I think he’s a solid RT at the next level. Not All-Pro level or anything, but a plug and play solid starter at RT for the next decade. His athleticism is very underrated, VERY. He also is a total technician and never gives up sacks. I don’t think I’ve ever even seen him give up a sack. At least he hasn’t in the past two seasons. 

Thorn did a nice job of pointing out his one big technical flaw, his overreliance on the two-handed punch. It leads to a couple bad reps each game, it seems. But the good news is that's easy to fix. Rest of his game seems quite good. As I've said, I think he can play LT. He reminds me of Riley Reiff. Should be a solid-to-good starter at either OT spot.

• Like 3

10 hours ago, BoltsFan937 said:

Saw this comparison 

Eichenberg

20 yd shuttle 4.57

3 cone  7.53

vert  28.5

Ronnie Stanley 

20 yd shuttle 4.69

3 cone 7.96

vert 28.5

He doesn’t bend well like Stanley did. I still like Eich tho. 

19 hours ago, BayRaider said:

This.  He's probably closer to Bryan Bulaga in terms of skillset than Ronnie Stanley IMO.  You get him on Day 2, you're probably thrilled with this pick.

On 4/4/2021 at 2:54 PM, CWood21 said:

This.  He's probably closer to Bryan Bulaga in terms of skillset than Ronnie Stanley IMO.  You get him on Day 2, you're probably thrilled with this pick.

With that arm length he might slip to early day 2

17 hours ago, kingseanjohn said:

I like what I saw from him. But I think he could use 2-3 years of development.

Yeah little bit too high and reachy, you notice as soon as the bull comes in he's really high. NFL player would sit him down.

But he's clearly got good movement and is strong without polished technique. Couple more years for sure.