Official 2021 OL Thread

What does Creed Humphrey's Pro Day tell us about him....he is more athletic than he is given credit for or he doesn't play to his athletic measurables?

The 6-foot-4, 302-pound Humphrey’s least impressive number — the 5.09 seconds he ran in the 40-yard dash — still would have ranked 12th out of the 40 offensive linemen who ran the 40 at last year’s NFL Scouting Combine.

In every other discipline — the vertical jump (33 inches), the broad jump (112 inches), the bench press (29 reps), the 3-cone drill (7.54 seconds) and the 5-10-5 shuttle (4.46 seconds), Humphrey’s numbers Friday would have ranked in the top five among the 52 total offensive linemen who attended last year’s combine in Indianapolis.

His shuttle drill — which was faster Friday than OU defensive back Tre Norwood’s 4.50 — would have ranked first among all offensive linemen at the 2020 combine.

https://www.si.com/college/oklahoma/football/creed-humphreys-monster-pro-day-performance-was-like-watching-frankenstien

Edited by nicfre2011
27 minutes ago, nicfre2011 said:

What does Creed Humphrey's Pro Day tell us about him....he is more athletic than he is given credit for or he doesn't play to his athletic measurables?

The 6-foot-4, 302-pound Humphrey’s least impressive number — the 5.09 seconds he ran in the 40-yard dash — still would have ranked 12th out of the 40 offensive linemen who ran the 40 at last year’s NFL Scouting Combine.

In every other discipline — the vertical jump (33 inches), the broad jump (112 inches), the bench press (29 reps), the 3-cone drill (7.54 seconds) and the 5-10-5 shuttle (4.46 seconds), Humphrey’s numbers Friday would have ranked in the top five among the 52 total offensive linemen who attended last year’s combine in Indianapolis.

His shuttle drill — which was faster Friday than OU defensive back Tre Norwood’s 4.50 — would have ranked first among all offensive linemen at the 2020 combine.

https://www.si.com/college/oklahoma/football/creed-humphreys-monster-pro-day-performance-was-like-watching-frankenstien

Nice! Love this kid. Eager to see where he starts his NFL career. 

3 hours ago, nicfre2011 said:

Been a top 20 player for me for a while now. He's going to make someone's interior alot easier to build around for a decade plus.

21 hours ago, Rodjahs12 said:

Been a top 20 player for me for a while now. He's going to make someone's interior alot easier to build around for a decade plus.

But do you think he's going to go top 20?  IF you view him as a pure C type, that's going to drastically hurt his value.  I believe we've only seen 2 pure centers go in the first round since 2005.  I don't think that's going to change this year.  I think he ends up going somewhere in that 35-45 range.

49 minutes ago, CWood21 said:

But do you think he's going to go top 20?  IF you view him as a pure C type, that's going to drastically hurt his value.  I believe we've only seen 2 pure centers go in the first round since 2005.  I don't think that's going to change this year.  I think he ends up going somewhere in that 35-45 range.

I think you're absolutely right about where he'll land. I do view him as a center only not because he's incapable of kicking out to guard but because I don't believe in moving interior lineman around who have elite potential at the spot they're most comfortable in. CH is that guy for me and I'm probably the only guy in the Packers forum who would be more than fine with him at 29.

Has anyone watched any tape from Trey Hill in 2019? I read a scouting report of his that said he had bad knee bend. I think you can excuse that issue because he had a torn meniscus in both knees. I'm not a big film guy, but I know we do have some. I'd just like to see how his knee bend was the year before. 

On 4/14/2021 at 6:50 AM, goldfishwars said:

Some short arms in this tackles class. Teams who might have been looking at mid tier tackles to fill out those spots, might have to look harder.

Honest question, and I have no answer.  How long has 34" arms been the standard?

I ask due to the advances in athletic nutrition over the past decade.  Gone are the days of processed foods full of hormones.  Are we beginning to see slight decreases in overall sizes for people?  I'm old enough to remember 5'9" being the average male height, and now it is close to 6', presumably due to a forty plus year run of fast food becoming a staple in American diets.  Are we starting to witness the trend reverse itself?