7) Alex Leatherwood - Late 2nd Round Grade

😎 Stone Forsythe - Late 2nd Round Grade

9) Dillion Radunz - Early 3rd Round Grade

10) Jalen Mayfield - Mid 3rd Round Grade

11) Spencer Brown - Late 3rd Round Grade

12) Jackson Carman - Late 3rd Round Grade

13) Brady Christensen - Early 4th Round Grade

Notes:

- Sewell I see as a Franchise LT for the next ten years pretty easy.

- Darrisaw I see as a Franchise RT for the next decade, but could also play LT if you really need him too.

- Slater to me is better suited as a Center in the NFL, but he could be an Above-Average Tackle at either spot.

- Cosmi I think will be a very solid starting RT for a decade and the draftnik community is sleeping on him. He's battle tested, extremely good run blocker, and also a very good pass protector who shut down many elite rushers. 

- Forsythe I think teams will be higher on than the draftnik community. 34" arms and outstanding pass protection. Needs to be coached on run blocking. 

- Radunz I'm a little lower on than most. Pretty raw, and pretty undersized. Boom or Bust LT.

- Teven Jenkins, Jalen Mayfield, Jackson Carman, and Brady Christensen are all guards to me in the NFL. I feel Jenkins is getting massively overhyped because of his "mean streak" and play style. He would need a lotttt of coaching, and technique is not very good, including his footwork. 

I largely agree with this ranking, although I think Jenkins will be a good RT.  Walker Little is a wild card.  If you think his injury issues were flukey and behind him, he has legit starting OT potential.  Spencer Brown shouldn't have opted out, he needs more development, but I think he has potential.  Day 3 guy I kind of like as long as it's rd 5 or later is Alaric Jackson who I think while never a top 10 OT kind of guy could maybe carve out a nice career as an average RT.

I THINK i'd have Slater over Darrisaw, but the opt out year worries me a bit with oline especially.  Hard to replicate what a lineman does in games while training. A lot easier to mimic your game reps for a WR so that loss of experience doesn't hurt as much.  Darrisaw played and developed in 2020, so I wouldn't have a problem if my team took him over Slater.

19 hours ago, jrry32 said:

I think Danny Watkins had bigger issues. My recollection is that he didn't like playing football and didn't give much effort in the NFL. Kyle Long was an older prospect who turned into a great OL. Obviously, there's a risk to it. But I think you just have to trust your eyes. Just assume there isn't the same potential to grow physically as there is in a younger prospect. (Cooper Kupp is another example of an older prospect who is a very good pro.)

It's definitely case by case. I wouldn't remove them from my board because of age (as I said for Christensen, it's a combination of several factors that I really don't like working in conjunction with one another ), but I would definitely hedge younger with comparable prospects, especially earlier in the draft. 

George Kittle was a bit of an older dude as well (24 I think), as was Marcus Maye. 

19 hours ago, BayRaider said:

My OT Rankings

Nothing really too crazy with your OL rankings.  I'd probably move Radunz a bit higher, and I think Walker Little is probably a little lower given he hasn't played meaningful football in 2 years.  His tape is good, but that's a LOT of rust to dust off.

19 hours ago, BayRaider said:

Notes:

Probably a bit more pessimistic here.  Darrisaw is going to be a LT at the next level.  Not quite the pass protector that Ronnie Stanley was coming out of college, but he's going to be a stud at the next level.  Think Slater is an All Pro OG, and damn good OT.  Not sure he's ever an elite LT, but I think he's similar to Brandon Schereff in the sense that his value at OG might almost be too good.

5 hours ago, MikeT14 said:

This could be an interesting piece of data that could cause me to reevaluate. The reason I do not have Darrisaw high is I see him as a clockpuncher who leaves most of his potential on the shelf. He does what he needed to do and then stops, which does not bode well in the NFL.

But man if he was fighting groin stuff, potentially for longer than just a few games, it would explain much. Of course, now we have to worry about his post-surgery long-term prognosis....

2 minutes ago, Techbert said:

This could be an interesting piece of data that could cause me to reevaluate. The reason I do not have Darrisaw high is I see him as a clockpuncher who leaves most of his potential on the shelf. He does what he needed to do and then stops, which does not bode well in the NFL.

But man if he was fighting groin stuff, potentially for longer than just a few games, it would explain much. Of course, now we have to worry about his post-surgery long-term prognosis....

Man, I don't think that's him at all. This was a Rivals 3 star recruit who had no other P5 offers before Fork Union. Started all three seasons and improved immensely in each of them. 

1 minute ago, MikeT14 said:

Man, I don't think that's him at all. This was a Rivals 3 star recruit who had no other P5 offers before Fork Union. Started all three seasons and improved immensely in each of them. 

Do you think he played til the echo of the whistle at VPI? We would agree to disagree if so.

Also, you don't go to FUMA is you are not obviously talented. It is where HS kids go that do not have the grades to qualify. Which explains the lack of Div 1 offers.

Techbert,
is not impressed high or low by recruiting service stars

3 minutes ago, Techbert said:

Do you think he played til the echo of the whistle at VPI? We would agree to disagree if so.

Okay, I follow. Misunderstood your first point. And I can't answer that. Wasn't exactly looking for it. But it would remind me of Trent Williams. 

7 hours ago, Turnobili said:

I also like Darrisaw more than Slater (if we're looking at them strictly as OT prospects). I'd be ecstatic with either at 17, though

Agreed.  Slater is a slightly better prospect then Darrisaw, but I have less concerns about Darrisaw's ability to play OT.  I think Slater is Brandon Schereff all over again.  He's an All Pro OG or a damn good OT.

• Like 1

Can you gents give me some insight on Leatherwood? I see a lot of people talking about how bad of a reach it was, and I definitelty understand that. But he looks uber-athletic, with Mayock saying he is our RT day one.

Leatherwood arrives in the NFL with potential four-position versatility. He has the reach of an octopus with a 85 3/8-inch wingspan (98th percentile), and proved at his pro day workout to be an exceptional athlete, with a 34.5-inch vertical leap (98th percentile), 9-foot, 10-inch broad jump (99th percentile) and 4.96 40-yard dash (94th percentile). That placed him among the top-10 most athletic OTs to enter the NFL since 1987 in Kent Lee Platte’s RAS system.

What's he good at? What does he struggle with?

17 minutes ago, RaidersAreOne said:

Can you gents give me some insight on Leatherwood? I see a lot of people talking about how bad of a reach it was, and I definitelty understand that. But he looks uber-athletic, with Mayock saying he is our RT day one.

What's he good at? What does he struggle with?

Solid all-around guy. He'll probably be a good RT if he develops well. Some stiffness in the lower half, which limits his ability to redirect. Has the power and feet to be effective at tackle, but he doesn't have much of a mean streak. Good lower-body technique, but has some vulnerabilities in the upper body that need fixing. Occasionally leans into punches, which opens him up to being pulled off balance or swam over.

• Like 1