Official 2021 OL Thread

1 minute ago, onejayhawk said:

A valid point. 

You may be correct. I only give his name as someone who could join the conversation as 2nd best OT. 

Combine is coming up, so then we'll know.

J

No combine.

Theyll have regional pro days it sounds like.

Hopefully, it's an unbiased party doing all the measuring.  Are the teams going to have any presence at these pro days or is it going to be only the team at their facility and everyone else is virtual?  Seems like that would be rife for shenanigans.

On 2/4/2021 at 5:11 AM, MikeT14 said:

Anyone have Darrisaw as their #2 tackle?

Yes, but mostly because I think Slater does end up inside. 

1 hour ago, Forge said:

Yes, but mostly because I think Slater does end up inside. 

Why? Dude looks good on the outside to me. I mean, you could slide him inside and have a great player, but I don't see it as necessary.

9 hours ago, jrry32 said:

Why? Dude looks good on the outside to me. I mean, you could slide him inside and have a great player, but I don't see it as necessary.

Mostly the size thing. Obviously he's not long, but I feel even for his size, he's kind of boxy. I love the way he fires forward out of his stance and climbs to the second level, not so sure I love him backpedaling wide yet (physically, I mean), especially against smarter edge rushers. I think that's my biggest concern. What happens against smart edges that know to chop hands, that can make him over extend out wide.  He plays so tight up top and I think he's going to have to open more at the next level. I don't know...I just have some concerns there in pass protection. Obviously he handled Chase Young, so he has some history of being able to do that, and other games he legit just looks like a 14 year old beating up 9 years olds because he's just so much better. Clearly looks it on tape.  He knows how to play the position and I think that is what could keep him at tackle, but I think he could be great inside at a very high probability. I think he could be all pro level good. Just not sure what I see on the outside yet because while the size may not be a problem, it also may be. The fact that wynn stuck on the outside shows that it's not impossible though.  I tend to play that more cautiously, especially when I see such high upside on the interior. 

3 hours ago, MOSteelers56 said:

So what are people thinking of Jalen Mayfield? Is he an athletic RT, or can he play LT?

I didn't see LT feet. Think he's an absolute mauler in the running game. Could be a dominant guard if he cleans up some of his technical flaws. Reminds me of Kyle Long.

16 minutes ago, jrry32 said:

I didn't see LT feet. Think he's an absolute mauler in the running game. Could be a dominant guard if he cleans up some of his technical flaws. Reminds me of Kyle Long.

Yeah he struggled a bit with speed. I’d like to see him move inside as well.