Official 2021 OL Thread

goldfishwars

On 2/17/2021 at 8:24 AM, CWood21 said:

McGlinchey is his comp for me.  Natural RT who will play there for the next decade, but nothing special.  If you take him with a top 10 pick, you're disappointed. If you get him late Day 1, that's strong value.

I wonder who was saying that and thinking of that in 2018 when the reports were the 9ers were going to take him at #9. Let me think...wait...I think I remember. OH YEAH IT WAS ME. 

Can confirm McG in the top 10 was a mistake before that draft and has been one since. 

Jesus that pick is still upsetting. 

I liked Teven Jenkins, reminded me a little of Jack Conklin. He has slower feet and won't fit every scheme, but he's built like a tank and has natural raw power on the right side. What he did to Joseph Ossai really tanked my interest in that guy, absolutely pummelled the guy all game. The only edge player I saw give him a hard time was Ronnie Perkins and that's how I knew Perk was a dog. 

On 2/27/2021 at 3:59 AM, goldfishwars said:

Kendrick Green is the left guard in this one - day two/early day three guard I like. Has some mobility and nasty to his game. 

Watching this, the first name that cames to mind is Jonah Jackson . I really like this guy though, needs slight refinement but totally understands what's trying to be accomplished, takes really good angles and does a lot of the extra things.

1 hour ago, MSURacerDT55 said:

Watching this, the first name that cames to mind is Jonah Jackson . I really like this guy though, needs slight refinement but totally understands what's trying to be accomplished, takes really good angles and does a lot of the extra things.

Do you think he projects well to center?

8 hours ago, MSURacerDT55 said:

I don't see why not, but I haven't seen him play the position. But he moves laterally and vertically really well, does really well in combo situations, he probably could.  

He played it some at Illinois.

On 3/4/2021 at 3:20 PM, MSURacerDT55 said:

I don't see why not, but I haven't seen him play the position. But he moves laterally and vertically really well, does really well in combo situations, he probably could.  

On 3/4/2021 at 11:47 PM, jrry32 said:

He played it some at Illinois.

If you watch from 4.18 to 6.14, you can see him play C v Northwestern!!

The Rock GIF by NBC

Edited by Couch Potater
  • Like 1