2021 7 Round Mock Edited 4/13/21

Ozzy

54 minutes ago, indifference said:

I dont understand why Bucs need to draft TWO safeties. Winfield is a great player for us and is only a rookie. Whitehead and Edwards have been making plays all post season. 0 reason to draft a safety let alone 2. OLB round 2, OL depth round 3

That is my mistake, I did not notice I had them pick two.  Getting one makes some sense though and I think they will look for one possibly.  OLB and DL for sure based on the free agents they have and they cannot sign them all.  

7 hours ago, Pugger said:

Why would we take a RB in the second round after we did that last spring?

I assume they do not sign Aaron Jones or cannot sign Aaron Jones but will see.  Williams also could walk which would leave only Dillon who is a tank but they would need a more agile back like Carter who can do a variety of things possibly.  If Jones is signed somehow sure not as big of an issue.  I feel they are going to have a hell of a time signing Jones, Lazard and Tonyan not to mention Linsley, Lewis, Taylor, Lancaster and King.  Those first three dudes were ridiculously underpaid for how productive they were, especially Jones.  

21 hours ago, Ozzy said:

2nd
55 NY Jets (from Seattle): Seth Williams Auburn JR WR

Guessing typo? Seattle has their 2021 2nd. 

Williams skill set sounds very similar to DK's. Not sure Seattle would use their only impact capital for a double down at X WR.

Good spot for a plug and play IOL. Based on your mock Trey Smith or Dickerson makes a lot of sense here. Even a guy like Ben Cleveland or Dan Moore would fit pretty well. 

RB Javante Williams SCREAMS Seattle as well.

Edited by animaltested

15 minutes ago, animaltested said:

Guessing typo? Seattle has their 2021 2nd. 

Williams skill set sounds very similar to DK's. Not sure Seattle would use their only impact capital for a double down at X WR.

Good spot for a plug and play IOL. Based on your mock Trey Smith or Dickerson makes a lot of sense here. Even a guy like Ben Cleveland or Dan Moore would fit pretty well. 

RB Javante Williams SCREAMS Seattle as well.

That is a typo, I will have to correct that one.

Yeah I would not have them getting Seth Williams.  Based on the board now I have them getting Trey Smith, they need OL badly and he makes sense and is a solid guy, Dickerson also would be nice but not sure how good he would be at guard compared to center though.  RB would make sense also but could wait and get a big physical back like Rhamondre Stevenson later, or Brian Robinson Jr, JD King, Larry Routree, Elijah Mitchell or Stevie Scott no problem.   Some of those guys could be around in the 6th or 7th round.  

6 hours ago, onejayhawk said:

Radunz over Carman. 
Creed Humphry at #63, though Phillips is a nice get
For LB think off-ball. Also, two of the top three WR are likely not coming back. 

Yeah Radunz could go over Carman but I like Carman more as a OG and not sure Radunz would be as good of a guard as Carman could be.  Radunz is a great looking talent though no doubt.  

8 hours ago, MikeT14 said:

Pick is solid. I think I would prefer Darrisaw, but I am not going to complain. 

This could be different if we don't sign anyone, but I do think WFT signs a WR. It might make the other ones better options. Still, fine with the pick. 

I am meh on these picks. I don't have too high of hopes for Newman, and we have bigger issues than needing Sermon with that talent on the board. I'd really like Horn there and then would settle for Newman or Surratt or something. 

Yeah I am not a huge fan of Newman picked there either but they do need a QB and not like they can wait and get one later one.  Newman has some upside and might be the best available at that time.  Would be great if Alex Smith can play another few years but who knows about that, and not sure they are that sold on Heinicke.  I think they need WR help for sure because most likely they will lose some in free agency, but if they can keep Sims and Foster then it would not be as big of a need.  

3 minutes ago, Ozzy said:

Yeah Radunz could go over Carman but I like Carman more as a OG and not sure Radunz would be as good of a guard as Carman could be.  Radunz is a great looking talent though no doubt.  

The Chiefs are well stocked at OG since the have one returning from a COVID opt-out (he's an MD who worked in a COVID unit). They need C--two expiring contracts--and OT--two significant injuries to age 30+ players. Hence Radunz over Carman. 

10 hours ago, THE DUKE said:

With Penei off the board, can't argue with reuniting Chase with Burrow.  Great WR group of Chase, Higgins, and Boyd.

I think the Bengals are ok with their group of young LB's with Logan Wilson, Germaine Pratt, and Akeem Davis-Gaither all in their early to mid-20's.  I like Browning, but I think they are looking for Edge, CB, or OL here.  Spencer Brown, Levi Onwuzurike, Asante Samuel Jr,  Quincy Roche, Trey Smith, Jaelan Phillips, or Carlos Basham all seem like possibilities there.

If the Bengals haven't gone OL in the first two rounds, then Cosmi is a home run pick in rd 3.  I wouldn't be opposed to double dipping if Cosmi is still there regardless.  

Very much how I see it.  The emphasis this offseason is the trenches on both sides of the ball.  We won't be going LB that early, as we tripled down last year, and Bailey is over a year removed from the injury at Purdue, and should see an increased role after Bynes probably leaves.

I know people assume we are going after an OL or two in free agency, but the front office does not value iOL enough to make a sizeable move.  And the OTs are going to still make bank, even if the cap freezes at $198 and the floor drops.  If the cap drops, the squeeze tightens.  Having said that, I think we focus our free agent focus elsewhere and use the draft for OL, as there is plenty of top end depth, plus round 2/3 guys.  Missing out on Sewell here hurts, but Chase is a great consolation prize.  If they don't go OL in the second round, Paul Brown Stadium might burn to the ground before the three hours to their next pick in the third.  Cosmi is a great recovery pick, but man, that's a huge gamble to take.  We HAVE to protect Burrow.  

With so many later first round guys there, I can see trading back (I know you aren't doing those, but pointing it out for future ones) and striking twice in the sweet spot.  This allows us t still attack the defensive line in the third (and again with the trade back pick acquired)

Just now, INbengalfan said:

Very much how I see it.  The emphasis this offseason is the trenches on both sides of the ball.  We won't be going LB that early, as we tripled down last year, and Bailey is over a year removed from the injury at Purdue, and should see an increased role after Bynes probably leaves.

I know people assume we are going after an OL or two in free agency, but the front office does not value iOL enough to make a sizeable move.  And the OTs are going to still make bank, even if the cap freezes at $198 and the floor drops.  If the cap drops, the squeeze tightens.  Having said that, I think we focus our free agent focus elsewhere and use the draft for OL, as there is plenty of top end depth, plus round 2/3 guys.  Missing out on Sewell here hurts, but Chase is a great consolation prize.  If they don't go OL in the second round, Paul Brown Stadium might burn to the ground before the three hours to their next pick in the third.  Cosmi is a great recovery pick, but man, that's a huge gamble to take.  We HAVE to protect Burrow.  

With so many later first round guys there, I can see trading back (I know you aren't doing those, but pointing it out for future ones) and striking twice in the sweet spot.  This allows us t still attack the defensive line in the third (and again with the trade back pick acquired)

Yeah looking at it again, they should go OT early because honestly that OL lacks talent big time.  Cosmi I actually have being picked higher by another team but think Spencer Brown might be the better player but will see.  Looking at their group of OTs and that could be arguably one of the worst in the NFL, especially with Jonah Williams always being hurt.  

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Pugger said:

Why would we take a RB in the second round after we did that last spring?

Carter pairs REALLY nicely with Dillon, if you're not going to resign either Jamaal Williams or Aaron Jones then having a 1-2 punch of Dillon and Carter in an offense that is built around the run and play action really helps you keep that direction after losing those two players. Could certainly do a lot worse with that pick imho.

16 hours ago, Ozzy said:

DE for the Falcons I agree is their biggest need or RB but honestly no DE or RB should be picked 4th overall in this draft.  Parsons I like and I had him there for awhile, he makes sense.  But Kyle Pitts is getting pretty underrated in this process, the guy is a great football player and could be a dominant pro either at TE or at WR.  Say he runs a 4.5 40 and has a great vertical people might start paying attention.  Getting DeVonta or Chase also makes sense since Julio has been hurt so much.  The QB talk for Atlanta not sure that makes much sense either, not sure they just can him or prep for the future already, best thing they could do is trade the pick to a team wanting a QB possibly and move down in the draft would be a great idea.

RB would be a nice pick no question and they need one at some point.  

So it's not that im underrating Pitts as a player i think he is a very solid player and a legit top 10 prospect.  What im saying is for the falcons specifically Pitts would be the last choice for us as TE nor WR are a big need right now.  Those would be the absolute last choice positions of all our positions of need.   Parsons, Surtain, Slater, Fields, Wilson, and if we were targeting a WR to replace Julio  Smith + chase all would be better choices at this point that Pitts. 

Also for our biggest need DE isn;t it to me although i do think it is a need for sure.  To me our 2 biggest needs will be RB and safety as im pretty sure Neal might be gone and Rico needs to be upgraded and has needed to be for a bit now.   Kazee to me is a liability and i'll be glad if he's not even on the team next year.   I do like hawkins a bit so far at Safety though from the little i have seen.  

So again it's not that im not paying attention to Pitts as to me he is a top 10 prospect in general but to me as a Falcon fan and what we need he isn't even in my thought process in the top 10 based on needs and other players as good as him if not better in the top 10 at those needs. 

31 Chiefs: Jackson Carman Clemson JR OT/OG
63 Chiefs: Carlos Basham Jr. Wake Forest RS SR DE
95 Chiefs: Chazz Surratt UNC RS SR OLB
127 Chiefs: Brady Breeze Oregon RS SR S

The revisions have taken a step back. On your board, I would take 

31 Levi Onwuzurike Edge
63 Landon Dickerson C
94 Hunter Long TE
126 Brady Christensen OT or 'Whop' Philyor WR

J

Edited by onejayhawk

I like the revisions with it being Chase, Brown, Oweh in the first 3 rounds for the Bengals.  And while I personally like Hunter Long and think it'd be a good pick, I don't think the Bengals do that because they value CJ Uzomah who is coming off of injury and I don't think they draft a 3rd string TE in rd 4 when I think Tommy Togiai could come in and be an immediate rotation piece at DT.  Other options would be Greg Newsome at CB, either of the Notre Dame OG's, or Ade Ogundeji.

12 hours ago, Nick_gb said:

Carter pairs REALLY nicely with Dillon, if you're not going to resign either Jamaal Williams or Aaron Jones then having a 1-2 punch of Dillon and Carter in an offense that is built around the run and play action really helps you keep that direction after losing those two players. Could certainly do a lot worse with that pick imho.

Yes, Jones is most likely gone but I have a feeling we'll resign Williams.  I can't imagine he'll get a big offer anywhere else.

On 2/3/2021 at 7:41 AM, THE DUKE said:

I like the revisions with it being Chase, Brown, Oweh in the first 3 rounds for the Bengals.  And while I personally like Hunter Long and think it'd be a good pick, I don't think the Bengals do that because they value CJ Uzomah who is coming off of injury and I don't think they draft a 3rd string TE in rd 4 when I think Tommy Togiai could come in and be an immediate rotation piece at DT.  Other options would be Greg Newsome at CB, either of the Notre Dame OG's, or Ade Ogundeji.

Agreed on Togiai in ther fourth, but give me Eichenberg over him.  How does he fall to the fourth?