2021 7 Round Mock Edited 4/13/21

Ozzy

I like it for the falcons the updated version is pretty good nice job this go around ozzy.    2 things scare me though and both have to do with the same problem i see no secondary help at all in there lol.  Im not sure what were going to do about the secondary right now if we do a draft like this and i can see this as a good draft because it does hit alot of needs and good players for us.   I think the 1 change i would make is instead of a ILB in round 4 or 5 i would go with the best available Safety or CB.   That i know of we have 1 safety on the roster right now in 5th round pick Jaylen Hawkins from last year.    Neal, Rico, and Kazee are all gone and we need atleast 2 to replace those guys.     Im hoping 1 comes in FA as out big splash signing if we can only do 1 good FA pickup maybe a Simmons or Williams.  Then hopefully bring back neal on a friendly/solid contract and that helps safety out alot.

2 hours ago, FalconFan13 said:

I like it for the falcons the updated version is pretty good nice job this go around ozzy.    2 things scare me though and both have to do with the same problem i see no secondary help at all in there lol.  Im not sure what were going to do about the secondary right now if we do a draft like this and i can see this as a good draft because it does hit alot of needs and good players for us.   I think the 1 change i would make is instead of a ILB in round 4 or 5 i would go with the best available Safety or CB.   That i know of we have 1 safety on the roster right now in 5th round pick Jaylen Hawkins from last year.    Neal, Rico, and Kazee are all gone and we need atleast 2 to replace those guys.     Im hoping 1 comes in FA as out big splash signing if we can only do 1 good FA pickup maybe a Simmons or Williams.  Then hopefully bring back neal on a friendly/solid contract and that helps safety out alot.

Still not totally sure they would just go and give up on Matt Ryan as if he is some crap QB, still think getting another position or trading out of the pick is the way to go unless they are in rebuild totally mode.  Then why pay Matt Ryan to sit around and why not trade him like the Lions did Stafford and the Eagles did with Wentz?

You think they lose all three safeties, if so then yeah sure safety is a massive need.  

The defensive line is awful, arguably one of the worst in the league now so using two picks for that is not a stretch, and getting a young RB is not a stretch either.  Maybe they really like Hennessy so possibly that Heggie pick is not as needed.  

Still that is why really they should trade that #4 pick to whoever loves Zach Wilson.  But yeah they have so many needs will be hard to fill them all.  

The good safeties will go fast, I do not have a ton of them in the later rounds because all the better ones could be gone, maybe I could see them taking Kary Vincent Jr in the 5th, is a little reach but is a versatile safety who can play a little slot as well.  Still think Neal in the 6th is a good value and could be a decent player.  But yeah most likely they should trade the 4th pick.

31 minutes ago, goldfishwars said:

No 3rd rounder for the Pats, and I think Jayson Oweh will be long gone by that pick. 

No 3rd rounder?  Oh I will have to relook at that I see that is Forfeited my mistake.   And Oweh's lack of sack production is a question mark for me, but if he runs anything close to a 4.33 40 teams will love the guys potential.  Not sure he will ever run that fast but even if he runs in the 4.5 range that will be impressive.  

On 2/1/2021 at 6:42 PM, Ozzy said:

1st
1 Jacksonville: Trevor Lawrence Clemson JR QB
25 Jacksonville (from LA Rams): Levi Onwuzurike Washington RS SR DT

2nd
33 Jacksonville: Jevon Holland Oregon JR S
46 Jacksonville (from Vikings): Elijah Moore Ole Miss JR WR

3rd
65 Jacksonville: Trey Smith Tennessee SR OG

4th
97 Jacksonville: Nick Bolton Missouri JR ILB
121 Jacksonville (From Rams): Amari Rodgers Clemson SR WR

5th
129 Jacksonville: Adetokunbo Ogundeji Notre Dame RS SR DE
154 Jacksonville (from Cleveland): Tre McKitty Georgia SR TE

7th
193 Jacksonville: Myles Jones Texas A&M SR CB
214 Jacksonville (From Titans): Stevie Scott III Indiana JR RB

The Jaguars have a lot of needs, so it's really hard to miss on the places where need meets value. It might be a little much doubling up on receivers so early, but it's mostly fine. I'd hope that we spent Free Agent money on a couple OTs, TE, IDL, EDGE, and CB if this ended up being the direction they go. But like for the most part, no matter how you have our draft going, there's going to be 5-6 positions that would have needed to be addressed elsewhere to make it a solid foundation.

5 minutes ago, pwny said:

The Jaguars have a lot of needs, so it's really hard to miss on the places where need meets value. It might be a little much doubling up on receivers so early, but it's mostly fine. I'd hope that we spent Free Agent money on a couple OTs, TE, IDL, EDGE, and CB if this ended up being the direction they go. But like for the most part, no matter how you have our draft going, there's going to be 5-6 positions that would have needed to be addressed elsewhere to make it a solid foundation.

Yeah that was a player falling I did not want to fall anymore, but now have Rodgers going to another team so that changes things.  Still think Moore would be a great addition and they might tend to go 4 wide like Buffalo did with Josh Allen and do the same with Lawrence in Jacksonville.  But yeah they have a lot of needs like you said but with so many picks would be almost impossible to not fill most of them or at least make an attempt to.

9 hours ago, Ozzy said:

Still not totally sure they would just go and give up on Matt Ryan as if he is some crap QB, still think getting another position or trading out of the pick is the way to go unless they are in rebuild totally mode.  Then why pay Matt Ryan to sit around and why not trade him like the Lions did Stafford and the Eagles did with Wentz?

You think they lose all three safeties, if so then yeah sure safety is a massive need.  

The defensive line is awful, arguably one of the worst in the league now so using two picks for that is not a stretch, and getting a young RB is not a stretch either.  Maybe they really like Hennessy so possibly that Heggie pick is not as needed.  

Still that is why really they should trade that #4 pick to whoever loves Zach Wilson.  But yeah they have so many needs will be hard to fill them all.  

The good safeties will go fast, I do not have a ton of them in the later rounds because all the better ones could be gone, maybe I could see them taking Kary Vincent Jr in the 5th, is a little reach but is a versatile safety who can play a little slot as well.  Still think Neal in the 6th is a good value and could be a decent player.  But yeah most likely they should trade the 4th pick.

As for losing all 3 safety's i have no clue but i know for a fact Rico is gone as we just cut him to gain cap space.  Neal and Kazee are Free Agents they can sign with who they want.  Neal i would like to have back if the contract is reasonable enough.  Kazee i don't want anywhere near the team so we better not resign him he's garbage lol.  

As for trading the 4th pick im all for it and i hope we do it unless Sewel falls to us then i can talk myself into taking a generational Lineman talent and the #2 player in this draft.  But if we don't get Sewell i think trading down should be our move to get more picks lord knows we need them with our cap space and amount of needs.   We 100% can't move on from ryan this year i don't think his dead cap hit would be like 40+ million thats crippling we could almost break even in dead cap and cap gained next year from Ryan if we wanted to move him then but to me the best and soonest time you could would probably be 2023.  At that point you might as well roll with ryan and gain more picks by trading down.  Although if they think they won't be anywhere near the 4th pick again i could see rolling the dice on a top tier QB talent to groom for a year or so preparing for the move on from Ryan.  

D-line isn't as bad as you are making it out to be actually we have good young talent there in  Grady, Fowler, and just drafted Marlon Davison last year in round 2.    The problem for us was more so the secondary not giving them time to get home than the D-line not able to generate pressure i seen a link somewhere on the Falcons website that the Falcons were actually top 5 in pressure % last year but they couldn't get home because the secondary was letting the ball out to quick all the time.   Also i think swapping to a 3-4 and putting Fowler at OLB again will help him plus he will be healthy he was injured 90% of last year playing through it. 

Still a pass rusher will never be a complaint for me as long as i like the dude and it's solid value.  and yes we need a RB and a young good one at that i hope we can target Harris, Williams, Ettiene, or Carter in that order in the 1st 2 or 3 rounds.

2 hours ago, EagleBlueDon said:

Appreciate your work but Shaun Wade at 37 for Philly would be YIKES

Robey-Coleman I assume they cannot sign so who plays slot for them.  Wade is best in the slot arguably, was not great as a boundary but was considered at times a top 20 pick before the season, did not have a great year but has ability and could be a steal in the 2nd round.

Who is their CB opposite Slay, I assume Maddox, maybe Maddox could be the slot arguably but if not Wade could be a good signing but then again Mills could be gone also and they have no safety either.  So safety could be a good move unless they like Epps.  

WR makes sense also but DeVonta could be a steal if he is still around, still surprised JJ has played so poorly in the NFL.

And then again maybe they would be looking at QB early 1st round, Hurts is good but I would be shocked if he shows potential and plays as well as Wentz did early in his career where he was a MVP candidate, sure they got out of his contract but not sure Hurts is the answer just yet.  

On 2/1/2021 at 6:42 PM, Ozzy said:

31 Chiefs: Carlos Basham Jr. Wake Forest RS SR DE
63 Chiefs: Baron Browning Ohio State SR ILB/OLB
95 Chiefs: Trey Hill Georgia JR C/OG
127 Chiefs: JR Pace Northwestern SR S
159 Chiefs: Ihmir Smith-Marsette Iowa SR WR

Very defense oriented, which is interesting.

It's a frustrating sort of draft. I see Basham and immediately think that Kwity Paye went just five picks earlier. Browning is a nice get (though MCgrone should be in the conversation) but Creed Humphry went six picks up. Hill is the consolation prize, since  Meinerz went just two picks ahead. In that case I'd wait a round for Drake Jackson and take Hunter Long in the 3rd. 

J

2 hours ago, Ozzy said:

Robey-Coleman I assume they cannot sign so who plays slot for them.  Wade is best in the slot arguably, was not great as a boundary but was considered at times a top 20 pick before the season, did not have a great year but has ability and could be a steal in the 2nd round.

Who is their CB opposite Slay, I assume Maddox, maybe Maddox could be the slot arguably but if not Wade could be a good signing but then again Mills could be gone also and they have no safety either.  So safety could be a good move unless they like Epps.  

WR makes sense also but DeVonta could be a steal if he is still around, still surprised JJ has played so poorly in the NFL.

And then again maybe they would be looking at QB early 1st round, Hurts is good but I would be shocked if he shows potential and plays as well as Wentz did early in his career where he was a MVP candidate, sure they got out of his contract but not sure Hurts is the answer just yet.  

NRC was awful for us, so I don't think he's in the plans at all. Like he was really, really bad. Maddox, who in my opinion is an above average slot CB, will move back inside to where he is best suited. He played outside last year and was horrible.

Firstly, I'm not spending 37 on a slot corner, and secondly I'm not spending it on a guy who had as bad of a year as Wade had, regardless of where he primarily played. Dude's confidence can conceivably be destroyed from how badly he played. He was a sure thing first rounder, now he's nowhere near that in my opinion.

Mills is a FA but actually had a pretty good first year playing safety, I want to see him in this new two-high look. I think he'll be back and I think he could be an answer there long term. Epps showed me some nice things last year, and I look to see him continue to grow back there. Could have something with him.

Devonta would be a fine pick at 6. I'm anxious to see how JJAW does in this new system and with this new staff, which is WR-centric. Along with a new QB, who may actually look his way for once. Wentz never likes throwing any contested balls, which is what JJAW specializes in. If a dude isn't wide open, Carson won't throw it. He misses a lot of open guys anyways. But that's neither here nor there.

If they love one of these highly rated QBs, then they should go get him or draft him at 6. If not, I'm all for seeing what Hurts can do for a full season and surrounding him with all the talent we can to put him in the best position to succeed. It would get a little sticky if we draft a guy high though. That'd make Hurts completely expendable.

On 2/9/2021 at 5:40 PM, Ozzy said:

Oh so you hated getting Tua, Austin Jackson, Robert Hunt, Raekwon Davis and Kindley.

No where in what I said in my previous post did I say that, bud. :) I do not hate any of them. I'm not judging them as harshly as some people have been in recent weeks.
I mean, 3 rooks on the OL in the first year, they didn't do a bad job - all things considered. 

And to pretend Gaskin did not do just fine at RB, maybe that is why they did not address the position.  Oh and they had Ahmed as well, both guys were either UDFA or 7th round picks.  They have Breida also.

The job that Gaskins, Howard, Ahmed and Breida did will be the EXACT reason we actually address this in the draft this year. We thought we had a plan last year, so it seemed, but it didn't work. No one should be happy with what any of them did. A good game or 2 doesn't give them a reprieve. It's about consistency.

I 'think' they will draft a RB in rd1 or 2. The onus is on playmakers.

Anyone that does not believe Sewell is a tear above every single OL in this draft needs to go back and watch him some more.  He is good in pass pro, is a fine looking athlete, play aggressive tough football and could become a Pro bowl level OT in the NFL and I would be shocked if he is not.  The dude is by far the best OT in the draft zero question about it. 

I'm not against Sewell, but I'm not against what we have either. We need another OG, thinking Wyatt Davis will be there in Rd2. I'm also thinking about C as well. Moving down and gathering a few more picks this and next year will help fill gaps, if we deem OT to still be a need after passing on someone solid like a Sewell. Will it hurt? Sure. But, we also know we need playmakers to keep defenses honest. 

sure WR and DeVonta Smith makes sense

I'd rather have Ja'marr Chase. 

Winning a Heisman and a great college career? We can do down a long list of rabbit holes on that one.
Honestly, I just fear how Smith is going to fair, long term, in the NFL season. I hope he puts on some weight/muscle mass to endure. Regardless where he lands.

5 hours ago, Shashiaj70 said:

No where in what I said in my previous post did I say that, bud. :) I do not hate any of them. I'm not judging them as harshly as some people have been in recent weeks.
I mean, 3 rooks on the OL in the first year, they didn't do a bad job - all things considered. 

The job that Gaskins, Howard, Ahmed and Breida did will be the EXACT reason we actually address this in the draft this year. We thought we had a plan last year, so it seemed, but it didn't work. No one should be happy with what any of them did. A good game or 2 doesn't give them a reprieve. It's about consistency.

I 'think' they will draft a RB in rd1 or 2. The onus is on playmakers.

I'm not against Sewell, but I'm not against what we have either. We need another OG, thinking Wyatt Davis will be there in Rd2. I'm also thinking about C as well. Moving down and gathering a few more picks this and next year will help fill gaps, if we deem OT to still be a need after passing on someone solid like a Sewell. Will it hurt? Sure. But, we also know we need playmakers to keep defenses honest. 

I'd rather have Ja'marr Chase. 

Winning a Heisman and a great college career? We can do down a long list of rabbit holes on that one.
Honestly, I just fear how Smith is going to fair, long term, in the NFL season. I hope he puts on some weight/muscle mass to endure. Regardless where he lands.

The Heisman trophy argument with DeVonta Smith is BS  He is not a QB and when was the last WR to win one over the past 20 years?  Exactly.  All I know is DeVonta played in a season where he did not have a promised super star QB, was playing an all SEC schedule to start, and his family and or friends could get COVID-19 from him just like Chase's situation.  Chase decided to sit out, DeVonta did not and clearly did something and out played any receiver in college over the past what 20 years arguably.  In less games with a worse QB than Chase had, DeVonta had more yards, more touchdowns and more catches with less talent around him especially once Waddle went out compared to Chase who played along side what should have been the rookie of the year in Justin Jefferson.

The skinny talk does not make much sense because plenty of receivers have entered the league thin and did not have some awful injury history because of it.  Granted most were faster than Smith is but will see what he runs.  His work ethic and competitive drive more than makes up for his lack of weight which ultimately is not a huge deal, it is not like he is playing DT or something.  The kid can get open, he can take contact, he can catch the football and he professionally prepares for the game already.  And basically beat out all the other Bama receivers which is arguably the best WR group in the history of college football.  Last year with Smith, Waddle, Jeudy and Ruggs, Smith has a case of being the best one of those by the end of their NFL careers, is already the best one out of them all in college and few would have said that when they were freshman.  

Do not take Smith those that is fine, because honestly Sewell is the play, you do not pass on a OT that quality when he is sitting right there.  

If they get Najee later in the 1st round that would make sense or get a RB 2nd round sure but honestly not sure it is that huge of a need.  They also have Laird and Scarlett as well as RBs who have ability and Perry who is a nice weapon potentially.

Like I said I feel Hunt is out of position at RT so that is the other OG for the team opposite Flowers, or Kindley or Davis.  If they lose Karras and do not resign him then yeah C would be in play absolutely.  Elijah Moore is more than enough of a playmaker if they could steal him in the 2nd round, he is a hell of a weapon and a great slot receiver.  Bowden has talent and so does Parker obviously and the TE group is very solid and deep.  So they have weapons they just need to keep guys healthy.  And could stock up on receivers later in the draft easily, there are so many and they are always around.  Stocking up on top line OT talent, well it is not as easy to do obviously.  

The Dolphins are in a sweet situation, they could go a variety of ways and they have so many picks early they really cannot make a mistake.  2 first rounders and 2 second rounders, would be hard to mess that up.  Could reach and still go best player available the rest of the way.