2021 7 Round Mock Edited 4/13/21

Ozzy

6 hours ago, animaltested said:

Spencer Brown fits the profile for what Seattle wants at OL. Probably need to kick inside to LG for 2021.

That being said, Seattle does rarely drafts outside the P5 in days 1 and 2. Only Rashad Penny (SDSU), Shaq Griffin (UCF), Rees Odihamdo (Boise St), and Bobby Wagner (USU). Thats 11 years worth of draft classes, 40+ picks; 4 non-P5 picks. 

In fact the highest non-FBS player drafted was Ty Smith from Towson in the 5th Round of the 2015 draft. PCJS have picked only 6 non-FBS players ever. 

Spencer Brown I think could stick for them at OT.  Not sure I trust any OT on that roster outside of Brown, Ogbuehi is just eh, Jones same thing and Shell is decent but not that great and is a little soft.  But yeah Trey Smith makes a lot of sense for them as well but since I had a few OL drop down I moved Trey Smith down instead of Spencer Brown.  Either way Wilson needs better protection and any OL pick would be good for them.  That interior is rough especially since Iupati is nothing great and Pocic is just ok.  Lucky for them Damien Lewis was decent last year as a rookie.  Wonder if D. Brown would be ok kicking inside because doubt Shell could.  Spencer Brown not sure he could play guard.

Both Super Bowl teams have 6 guys as starters in their front 7, and have clearly 5 DBs listed as starters so versatile safeties will be key in the draft.  

Here are some who could be those versatile guys who could be a safety or a linebacker if asked to.  Especially with the likes of Nasirildeen, Stevens and Deablo all who might end up most likely as a linebacker with range and coverage skills.

Jamien Sherwood Auburn JR
Hamsah Nasirildeen Florida State
JaCoby Stevens LSU
Divine Deablo Virginia Tech RS
Brandon Drayton Marshall
Greg Eisworth Iowa State RS

These safeties are guys who could come down and play CB or nickel CB if asked to which is great.

Elijah Molden Washington
Richie Grant UCF

These guys are corners who could possibly end up as safeties in the NFL.

Bryce Thompson Tennessee JR
Myles Jones Texas A&M
Ifeatu Melifonwu Syracuse JR
Benjamin St-Juste Minnesota RS JR
Mark Gilbert Duke RS

These safeties have the best range and coverage skills arguably.

Trevon Moehrig TCU JR
Richard LeCounte III Georgia
Caden Sterns Texas JR
Richie Grant UCF
Jamar Johnson Indiana JR
Brady Breeze Oregon RS
Brad Stewart Jr Florida

Best safety all around in terms of tackling and coverage is Jevon Holland but will be curious how he works out, could argue he was the best safety coming into the season based on how good he was the last two years, especially in terms of playmaking in coverage.  

PS where is this in the Super Bowl half time show this year?

giphy.gif

When-Her-Dance-Moves-Blew-Your-Mind.gif

Edited by Ozzy

16 hours ago, Ozzy said:

Spencer Brown I think could stick for them at OT.  Not sure I trust any OT on that roster outside of Brown, Ogbuehi is just eh, Jones same thing and Shell is decent but not that great and is a little soft.  But yeah Trey Smith makes a lot of sense for them as well but since I had a few OL drop down I moved Trey Smith down instead of Spencer Brown.  Either way Wilson needs better protection and any OL pick would be good for them.  That interior is rough especially since Iupati is nothing great and Pocic is just ok.  Lucky for them Damien Lewis was decent last year as a rookie.  Wonder if D. Brown would be ok kicking inside because doubt Shell could.  Spencer Brown not sure he could play guard.

I meant kick inside for 2021 if he wants to contribute. Brown and Shell are locked in at either bookends for at least 2021. Technically, Seattle could cut Shell if they spent their 2RP on a tackle. That being said, with how successful Lewis was as a plug and play, im guessing Seattle will want the same in 2021 for the RG spot (or C). Not sure if thats in the 2nd or 4th.

Seattle fans have been clamoring for a young tackle prospect since Okung left back in 2016. And the door is wide open at the position in 2022 (Unless they extend Brown).

Edited by animaltested

On 2/1/2021 at 6:42 PM, Ozzy said:

31 Chiefs: Jaelan Phillips Miami FL SR DE

Ok pick. I'd much rather go with Cosmi.

63 Chiefs: Landon Dickerson Alabama RS SR C/OG

I like it positionally, but not a fan of him in KC. I'd rather go Trey Smith or Cam McGrone.

95 Chiefs: Chazz Surratt UNC RS SR OLB

I like it.

127 Chiefs: Brady Breeze Oregon RS SR S

Positionally, it's ok. But I see you still have Paulson Adebo on the board, and he's too good for me to pass up in the 4th.

159 Chiefs: Tamorrion Terry Florida State RS JR WR

Like it. Also acceptable at this point: Imatorbhebhe, Coxie, or Schwartz.

223 Chiefs: Jonathon Cooper Ohio State RS SR DE

Don't know enough about the player, but we only need one DE this draft. Give us BPA OL or WR.

Ooh, I like Daviyon Nixon in the second.  I'm in the minority, I know, but I think he's a first round talent all day.

A third is a little high for a CB to the Titans: it would make sense if he was the BPA, but people are misinformed about the need for a CB.  The Titans spent pretty much the entire season with Malcolm Butler as the only starting CB that wasn't injured.  Adoree Jackson missed literally the entire season except the last game of the regular season, and Kristian Fulton was injured for like 10 or 12 games as well.

They come back and Breon Borders stays on at the number 4 slot, the Titans actually have a decent group of corners, so a pick there is practically a luxury pick, since he should be our number 4 or 5.

5 hours ago, Daniel said:

Ooh, I like Daviyon Nixon in the second.  I'm in the minority, I know, but I think he's a first round talent all day.

A third is a little high for a CB to the Titans: it would make sense if he was the BPA, but people are misinformed about the need for a CB.  The Titans spent pretty much the entire season with Malcolm Butler as the only starting CB that wasn't injured.  Adoree Jackson missed literally the entire season except the last game of the regular season, and Kristian Fulton was injured for like 10 or 12 games as well.

They come back and Breon Borders stays on at the number 4 slot, the Titans actually have a decent group of corners, so a pick there is practically a luxury pick, since he should be our number 4 or 5.

Nixon is a good player and could provide some much needed interior pressure, they really missed Casey not being on that DL this past year.  Butler is good and sure Jackson played only three games and then the playoff game but I have been disappointed in him honestly.  I expected a lot more playmaking out of him than he has shown in his career.  Borders is ok but no someone to build around and Fulton I always thought was a little overrated coming out of LSU.  

So getting another CB I think would be a great idea, and King I assume is more the slot type or even a potential safety for them in a 5 DB look.  But sure could be a little high but Taylor could be a steal in the 3rd and is a long corner who can tackle well and could be a good fit.  Bigger needs being OLB pass rusher and DE though.  Whatever it is that D freaking was awful this past year so they have to address something with that unit.  That lack of pass rush was huge no question.

Not related to the Titans but Rosen signing with the 49ers, curious if they will pass on the likes of Trey Lance then since they might have a developmental QB in Rosen.  Or that means they will not sign Nick Mullens or Beathard.  Still will be curious if they still go QB 1st round or instead go with CB since they will most likely not be able to sign all those guys they have as free agents, or safety.  

Sheesh, when did MIA get Rick Spielman or Randy Mueller back in the draft room? Sorry, man. I can't agree with this draft.
I mean, I hated the Noah Igbinnalskdskjfoweifjee draft last year/should've traded down for a RB, but this is just a so outside the realm of viable and everyone should be fired. I'm not that excited about Sewell like others are, there are exceptional OL targets later. Leverage the crazy people have for Sewell or a QB to trade down a few slots.

Additionally, I think ATL can trade down a bit to pick up a TE. Pitts is good, but not top 15 good. 

14 minutes ago, Shashiaj70 said:

Sheesh, when did MIA get Rick Spielman or Randy Mueller back in the draft room? Sorry, man. I can't agree with this draft.
I mean, I hated the Noah Igbinnalskdskjfoweifjee draft last year/should've traded down for a RB, but this is just a so outside the realm of viable and everyone should be fired. I'm not that excited about Sewell like others are, there are exceptional OL targets later. Leverage the crazy people have for Sewell or a QB to trade down a few slots.

Additionally, I think ATL can trade down a bit to pick up a TE. Pitts is good, but not top 15 good. 

Oh so you hated getting Tua, Austin Jackson, Robert Hunt, Raekwon Davis and Kindley.  Four of those five guys started at times last year.  Sure Noah I think was a reach but at least has some upside, so does Weaver and Perry.  If you think that is a bad draft not sure what to tell you.  And to pretend Gaskin did not do just fine at RB, maybe that is why they did not address the position.  Oh and they had Ahmed as well, both guys were either UDFA or 7th round picks.  They have Breida also.

Anyone that does not believe Sewell is a tear above every single OL in this draft needs to go back and watch him some more.  He is good in pass pro, is a fine looking athlete, play aggressive tough football and could become a Pro bowl level OT in the NFL and I would be shocked if he is not.  The dude is by far the best OT in the draft zero question about it.  And the Dolphins would be damn lucky to get him, sure WR and DeVonta Smith makes sense as well but why pass on protecting your QB with the best OL in the draft no question about it.  And no there are not exceptional OL targets later in the draft?  How later, because most of the really good ones will be gone by round 2.  Last time I checked OT is probably their biggest need as an organization is it not?  Sure they could wait but again why pass on the best one available?

The move would be able to put Hunt back to guard which is his better position arguably, and really improve the group overall.  

Should they trade back and get a WR, sure that is an option as well, maybe but I have them get Bateman and if they do not like him could wait till the 2nd to get one also. 

Sewell is a great player, Wirfs I had as the #1 OT last year and he played like it this season as the best rookie OT no question.  I would not take Sewell over him, but I would take Sewell over Andrew Thomas and Becton and probably Wills as well and all those dudes started last year multiple games and only missed starts based on injury.  

58 minutes ago, Ozzy said:

Nixon is a good player and could provide some much needed interior pressure, they really missed Casey not being on that DL this past year.  Butler is good and sure Jackson played only three games and then the playoff game but I have been disappointed in him honestly.  I expected a lot more playmaking out of him than he has shown in his career.  Borders is ok but no someone to build around and Fulton I always thought was a little overrated coming out of LSU.  

So getting another CB I think would be a great idea, and King I assume is more the slot type or even a potential safety for them in a 5 DB look.  But sure could be a little high but Taylor could be a steal in the 3rd and is a long corner who can tackle well and could be a good fit.  Bigger needs being OLB pass rusher and DE though.  Whatever it is that D freaking was awful this past year so they have to address something with that unit.  That lack of pass rush was huge no question.

King is a free agent now, and likely not re-signed. And for the record, Jackson was probably the best corner on the team in 2019.

I wouldn’t be shocked if they took a CB, and it would probably give the team better depth at the position, but it wouldn’t be nearly as big a help as another position would be. It’s plausible, I just don’t think it’s likely.

Edge has Landry and practice bodies, DL has Simmons and two depth guys, and ILB lost Jayon Brown, so all three need help. DL and Edge probably both need multiple picks.

2 minutes ago, Daniel said:

King is a free agent now, and likely not re-signed. And for the record, Jackson was probably the best corner on the team in 2019.

I wouldn’t be shocked if they took a CB, and it would probably give the team better depth at the position, but it wouldn’t be nearly as big a help as another position would be. It’s plausible, I just don’t think it’s likely.

Edge has Landry and practice bodies, DL has Simmons and two depth guys, and ILB lost Jayon Brown, so all three need help. DL and Edge probably both need multiple picks.

Adoree is a big time playmaking talent and in four years has two INTs.  That is not good for a guy who should be a playmaker because his tackling at times is more than suspect.  He should be doing more in the return game as well and even that has kind of gone away.  I just expected more out of him and saying he is the best corner on the team just says the corners on the team are not that good.  I agree edge and DL needs big time help, especially with Clowney's injuries but I assume they do not resign him either obviously.  So Azeez to me would be perfect for them and fill a massive need, Tryon could work later on, not sure I would take him that high.  Zaven Collins, Ossai or Roche could help as well at that OLB spot if Azeez they do not go with.

Still their drop off defensively from 2019 to 2020 is pretty massive, they were very good in 2019 at times I thought and were rarely good at all in 2020.  

48 minutes ago, BillsGuy82 said:

Zaven Collins steps in to replace Milano. Good pick for need/value

Maybe, not totally sold on the scheme fit though.  Milano is a very speedy athletic linebacker and if they do let him walk might want to go with a more athletic guy later in the draft.  Collins is a good athlete but only for his size and is 6-4 260 and might be better in a 3/4 as a ILB or OLB.  Antjuan Simmons, Chazz Surratt, Jahad Woods, Jabril Cox, Tony Fields or Isaiah McDuffie might be better fits for and athletic some what undersized LB.  McDuffie for sure and they might be able to get him much later in the draft, like a lot of these guys outside of Surratt or Cox who could go 2nd or 3rd round, the rest are all arguably below that.  

So I might have to change that one but honestly Bills on paper do not have a ton of real glaring needs, CB is another big need though assuming Norman is not brought back.  

10 Dallas: Rashawn Slater Northwestern SR OT

If not a CB, then this feels like a very real possibility. Big fan of Slater. 

42 Dallas: Trevon Moehrig TCU JR S

A+ pick here. Love Moehrig. Fills a long standing need for a competent FS. 

75 Dallas: Brevin Jordan Miami FL JR TE

I suspect Dallas is satisfied with Jarwin and Schultz one/two punch. Depth is going to be a big issue at CB. Have to have one top 3 rds and Tyson Campbell fits the bill to a T.

106 Dallas: Nick Bolton Missouri JR ILB

Major steal. Love it.

168 Dallas (From Detroit): Daelin Hayes Notre Dame RS SR DE

Solid pickup with a chance to be rotational guy.

10 hours ago, DudeWhat??? said:

When did Meyers become better center prospects than creed and dickerson? 

When I watched Creed this past year he got beat a few times and got over powered I thought and it was not against these all time great DL prospects either.  Good player though and could fit well in Pittsburgh.  But honestly no center this year next year or the year after will even be close to the HOF center they are potentially losing to retirement.

Myers I like and has been a key part to a dominating run game at Ohio State for years.  I feel he is just as important if not more important than Wyatt Davis in the run game.  Granted he is not a great athlete but not sure the Steelers pull the center that often.  And Myers has played at a very high level for more than a few years.  Dickerson I like a lot as well but he was just a good prospect last year, this year he looked like a great one but was for only one season.  Not sure Dickerson is a 1st round pick but could be a late 2nd or 3rd rounder though.  Myers I just like over Creed Humphrey but might change that pick because it is not a great value there but is a need.  

Not sure where else they go with the pick if they do not go OL.  And getting a OT or OG is ok but they do already have guys are arguably all those other positions.  Possibly another OT if they are not a fan of Okorafor long term or Banner.  But still who would be the center unless they like Hassenauer.  Maybe a CB could make sense a guy like Horn or Wade I guess.  Zaven Collins also if they feel they want to upgrade and move on from the likes of Williams and Spillane.