Jump to content

2021 7 Round Mock Edited 4/13/21


Recommended Posts

On 2/24/2021 at 10:29 AM, GodOfLinebackers said:

I hate this pick to be honest. I like Seth Williams, but he's a terrible fit for our current set of receivers. If the Browns take a WR this early, it's going to be for a pure burner.

 

Love the rest of the Browns draft though.

I agree they could use some speed as well if OBJ is gone.  But they also do not have a go up and get the football guy, high point it in the air and make contested catches.  In terms of big play ability I think Peoples-Jones can provide that, so can Higgins if they bring him back and Landry.  That trio of tight ends is pretty nuts with Njoku, Harrison Bryant and Austin Hooper, arguably the best three TEs on any one team in the NFL.  And none of them are free agents either, same with none of the fine OL they got are free agents, and neither one of the top backs they have are either.  

So offensively sure they could be set and maybe should address other positions like DE but probably will do that 1st round, or DT I guess could be that 2nd round pick.  

If they like Marvin Wilson or Jay Tufele that could be an option late 2nd round.  Or Patrick Jones if he falls and they cannot address DE 1st round.  Still Seth Williams is a dude who can physically beat guys for the football in the air, any offense would be helped by that skill set, toughness and ability to go up and get the football.  

Link to post
Share on other sites

The Steelers first round pick makes no sense.

We could use some depth at OLB, but we dont need a starter.     We drafted Highsmith last year and he played well when given the opportunity.     He was drafted specifically to replace Dupree.

Give us one of the top OLineman (like Cosmi) or CBs.....even Trask would be better.

The rest of the draft seems okay.

Edited by 43M
Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, 43M said:

The Steelers first round pick makes no sense.

We could use some depth at OLB, but we dont need a starter.     We drafted Highsmith last year and he played well when given the opportunity.     He was drafted specifically to replace Dupree.

Give us one of the top OLineman (like Cosmi) or CBs.....even Trask would be better.

The rest of the draft seems okay.

Yup we will gladly take Zaven off your hands - LOL....

Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, 43M said:

The Steelers first round pick makes no sense.

We could use some depth at OLB, but we dont need a starter.     We drafted Highsmith last year and he played well when given the opportunity.     He was drafted specifically to replace Dupree.

Give us one of the top OLineman (like Cosmi) or CBs.....even Trask would be better.

The rest of the draft seems okay.

 

Bud Dupree is a free agent, so is Avery Williamson and Robert Spillane more importantly.  Maybe they can resign Dupree but doubt they would still have cash to do Williamson and Spillane thus they need a ILB.  Vince Williams is not getting any younger and Bush obviously gets injured from time to time.  Sure they drafted Highsmith who did well but Collins would be more a ILB in a 3/4 I feel but could play OLB if need be I feel.  And that D was totally different without Dupree out there.  Zaven Collins has good range, good instincts in coverage and can get after the passer if asked, also moves well in space for his large size.

 

I feel ILB will be a need and getting him would be a good value there.  CB is an option sure as is OL depending on what they do but I still think they address center later in the draft than pick one 1st round.  Cosmi not sure he fits there style of play honestly, maybe another guy if Leatherwood falls.  Trask also not sure he fits the scheme there but then again based on how they played last year maybe he does.

Still with them signing Haskins doubt they got after a QB in the 1st round this year without knowing how Haskins will perform.  Much less Big Ben might still be around so then getting Trask now makes no sense and they also have Dobbs and Rudolph as well.  

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Ozzy said:

 

Bud Dupree is a free agent, so is Avery Williamson and Robert Spillane more importantly.  Maybe they can resign Dupree but doubt they would still have cash to do Williamson and Spillane thus they need a ILB.  Vince Williams is not getting any younger and Bush obviously gets injured from time to time.  Sure they drafted Highsmith who did well but Collins would be more a ILB in a 3/4 I feel but could play OLB if need be I feel.  And that D was totally different without Dupree out there.  Zaven Collins has good range, good instincts in coverage and can get after the passer if asked, also moves well in space for his large size.

 

I feel ILB will be a need and getting him would be a good value there.  CB is an option sure as is OL depending on what they do but I still think they address center later in the draft than pick one 1st round.  Cosmi not sure he fits there style of play honestly, maybe another guy if Leatherwood falls.  Trask also not sure he fits the scheme there but then again based on how they played last year maybe he does.

Still with them signing Haskins doubt they got after a QB in the 1st round this year without knowing how Haskins will perform.  Much less Big Ben might still be around so then getting Trask now makes no sense and they also have Dobbs and Rudolph as well.  

ILB is not a need.

Bush will be back.   Spillane is an ERFA and will be back.  Vince Williams still here, and even if we cut him, ILB is still not a first round need.

Again, you're forcing a depth pick on us early when we have much bigger needs.  Could we use an upgrade next to Bush?   Sure, but its not an immedate need.    We are possibly losing 3 starting OLineman and there are at least 3 lineman on your board worth the pick.  

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, 43M said:

ILB is not a need.

Bush will be back.   Spillane is an ERFA and will be back.  Vince Williams still here, and even if we cut him, ILB is still not a first round need.

Again, you're forcing a depth pick on us early when we have much bigger needs.  Could we use an upgrade next to Bush?   Sure, but its not an immedate need.    We are possibly losing 3 starting OLineman and there are at least 3 lineman on your board worth the pick.  

So they can't lose Spillane this year?  If so that changes things sure.  If he is out that is a big loss and again I think Vince Williams is nothing great unless Bush is constantly by his side to make of for his lack of athletic ability.  But maybe I underrate him, I have just never been a huge fan.

And still if they lose Dupree they absolutely have to look at LB and a guy who can play inside or outside like Zaven.  They are -$7 mil for cap space next year so unless Big Ben takes a big pay cut they could struggle to pay Dupree. 

Fieler I do not think is a huge loss, now if they lose Villanueva that is flat out stupid but sure if he is gone that is a massive issue just like losing Pouncey.  So yeah OL should be addressed if Villanueva is gone, Fieler I feel they can fill that void easier than Villanueva no doubt about it.  On just this board Vera-Tucker would make a ton of sense for them possibly, way more than Cosmi.  Or Radunz makes a lot of sense as well if they go that direction and fits better than Cosmi would I feel.  Getting James Hudson if he falls and Dickerson would also fill two of those voids as well.  Hudson not being a starter just a project OG.  And I assume Dotson is the other starting OG so not sure they would want to go that way for a guard unless they already do not like Dotson.  Center is way more thin on the roster currently than OT or OG.    

 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Miami: Sewell, Bateman, Britt, Molden, Tonga, Hubbard, and Imatorbhebhe. Outside of Sewell and Molden....meh. Everyone else is so overvalued (Britt, Tonga, even Bateman) and or is a weird fit (Hubbard).

Link to post
Share on other sites
23 minutes ago, Ajayii said:

Miami: Sewell, Bateman, Britt, Molden, Tonga, Hubbard, and Imatorbhebhe. Outside of Sewell and Molden....meh. Everyone else is so overvalued (Britt, Tonga, even Bateman) and or is a weird fit (Hubbard).

With them cutting Van Noy it opens some things up, Azeez Ojulari absolutely comes into play then for them, possibly they want a cheaper 3/4 OLB pass rusher and Azeez is arguably a more talented athletic edge rusher than Van Noy.  Or maybe they like Zaven Collins in their scheme fit at that range.  So Bateman might be out which then moves WR down possibly.

Bateman is not overvalued, dude has burner speed, is a fine route runner and can really get separation.  Sure he might fall out of the 1st round but he has 1st round ability all day long.  Hubbard I have just falling right to them and would be foolish to pass on him that late and they have so many picks they got to go for someone later in the draft when other spots are filled.  Tonga I feel they could use his size and strength in the middle and he is arguably the best NT in the draft.  

Britt, I just do not get why people dislike him, but dude can motor and really hit and strike.  Sure if they sign Roberts maybe not but if he is out like Van Noy he is an option and dude killed it at the senior bowl so I think he would be a good fit competitively and athletically has some range with power.  

Still I cannot see why they would ever pass on Sewell but sure some think that will happen.  To say OL is not an issue, it is and should be addressed arguably right away.  

Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Ozzy said:

With them cutting Van Noy it opens some things up, Azeez Ojulari absolutely comes into play then for them, possibly they want a cheaper 3/4 OLB pass rusher and Azeez is arguably a more talented athletic edge rusher than Van Noy.  Or maybe they like Zaven Collins in their scheme fit at that range.  So Bateman might be out which then moves WR down possibly.

Bateman is not overvalued, dude has burner speed, is a fine route runner and can really get separation.  Sure he might fall out of the 1st round but he has 1st round ability all day long.  Hubbard I have just falling right to them and would be foolish to pass on him that late and they have so many picks they got to go for someone later in the draft when other spots are filled.  Tonga I feel they could use his size and strength in the middle and he is arguably the best NT in the draft.  

Britt, I just do not get why people dislike him, but dude can motor and really hit and strike.  Sure if they sign Roberts maybe not but if he is out like Van Noy he is an option and dude killed it at the senior bowl so I think he would be a good fit competitively and athletically has some range with power.  

Still I cannot see why they would ever pass on Sewell but sure some think that will happen.  To say OL is not an issue, it is and should be addressed arguably right away.  

I could see them liking Ojulari a ton with how versatile of a player he is. Collins may fit that mold as well.

I'd take Bateman in the 25-30 range personally. Great player but 18 is too high for my taste. Tonga is more of a Day 3 pick, plus Bobby Brown is the best NT in this draft.

Britt is a good player, he's not a top 50 player. Value is more important to Miami right now as they need talent infusion. He doesn't really move the needle in their defense.

Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Ajayii said:

I could see them liking Ojulari a ton with how versatile of a player he is. Collins may fit that mold as well.

I'd take Bateman in the 25-30 range personally. Great player but 18 is too high for my taste. Tonga is more of a Day 3 pick, plus Bobby Brown is the best NT in this draft.

Britt is a good player, he's not a top 50 player. Value is more important to Miami right now as they need talent infusion. He doesn't really move the needle in their defense.

Yeah if that Van Noy thing goes and he is gone Azeez is absolutely in play there instead of Bateman.  Then I could see them getting Toney in the 2nd round which would help with their playmaking ability.    Bobby Brown I do not view as a better NT than Tonga, Tonga is a tree out there and has a stronger base.  Bobby Brown I might need to watch more but Justin Madubuike had big time hype coming out of A&M as well and did not do some amazing things as a rookie.  Still could but clearly is not the 1st round pick type talent some made him out to be, but yeah that high sack number with Brown was impressive but Tonga was playing with a much worse DL and I believe got double teamed far more often.

 

Brown played alongside DeMarvin Leal who is a possible 1st rounder next year.  Michael Clemons who has ability to be a late draft pick or a UDFA, Jayden Peevy who is not bad and Tyree Johnson who will be drafted possibly highly in next years draft as well.  Tonga was with who?  El-Bakri might be drafted as a 3/4 DE but very late if that, Tonga did not have near the talent around him Brown did.

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 2/1/2021 at 5:42 PM, Ozzy said:

1st
9 Denver: Patrick Surtain Jr. Alabama JR CB

2nd
41 Denver: Daviyon Nixon Iowa JR DT

3rd
71 Denver: Spencer Brown Northern Iowa RS SR OT

4th
115 Denver: Hamsah Nasirildeen Florida State SR S/LB
 

5th
154 Denver: Ifeatu Melifonwu Syracuse JR CB/S

 

6th
194 Denver: Kenneth Gainwell Memphis RS SOPH RB
 

7th
233 Denver: Dax Milne BYU JR WR
235 Denver (from Giants): Divine Deablo Virginia Tech RS SR S
250 Denver (From Cleveland): Tedarrell Slanton Florida State SR DT
 

Given your flow, I'd love to see the Broncos selections like this

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 2 weeks later...

Any updates on the draft order?  Mine is based off a projection on a website but would be curious what is actually is.  Also free agency is changing a ton of things around especially in the 1st.  Green Bay going after a center 1st round is absolutely an option, same with the Ravens no longer going after a guard and getting a pass rusher.  Bucs also maybe going DT or DE type since Barrett is back and David.  Chiefs I still think maybe go OT in the draft with Cosmi, Remmers would be shocked if they can sign him much less Wylie but will see.  Not much faith in Niang or Rankins starting at tackle but they did get Thuney which was a surprise.  

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 2/1/2021 at 6:42 PM, Ozzy said:

31 Chiefs: Samuel Cosmi Texas RS JR OT
63 Chiefs: Jayson Oweh Penn State RS SOPH DE/OLB
95 Chiefs: Tommy Kraemer Notre Dame RS SR OG
137 Chiefs: JR Pace Northwestern SR S
145 Chiefs: Tamorrion Terry Florida State RS JR WR
177 Chiefs: Jahad Woods Washington State RS SR LB
181 Chiefs: Ifeatu Melifonwu Syracuse JR CB/S
255 Chiefs: TJ Vasher Texas Tech RS SR WR

This is a nice little haul.

  • Cosmi is not my favorite OT, but they need one who can play fairly soon.
  • Oweh is a nice pick. He is a bit skinny for DE, but that is fixable. He has the length and athleticism that the Chiefs like on the edge. 
  • Kraemer I question a bit. The Chiefs played four OG in the Super Bowl. Because their best OG needed to play OT, it's no wonder the whole thing collapsed, but OG is not an area of need. Plus, they have Laurant Duvernay-Tardiff returning. They could fire again at OT, since Little is on the board, or go Tommy Tremble. Kelce is 31 and FB Anthony Sherman retired.
  • I will admit Pace was not on my radar for this pick, but he is exactly what the team needs, a box safety. I am guessing he will also excel at ST, which is important. 
  • It's a pity they missed Nico Collins, but Terry gives them the size they need at WR. That said, there are a number of ILB on the board, which is also a need and not as deep as WR, See also the need at TE.
  • Woods seems to be a reach at the end of a run on LB, when the attitude should be more BPA.
  • I can see BPA for Melifonwu, but it's a pity they never addressed TE
  • Vasher is a good flier in the 7th. 
Edited by onejayhawk
Link to post
Share on other sites
51 minutes ago, onejayhawk said:

This is a nice little haul.

  • Cosmi is not my favorite OT, but they need one who can play fairly soon.
  • Oweh is a nice pick. He is a bit skinny for DE, but that is fixable. He has the length and athleticism that the Chiefs like on the edge. 
  • Kraemer I question a bit. The Chiefs played four OG in the Super Bowl. Because their best OG needed to play OT, it's no wonder the whole thing collapsed, but OG is not an area of need. Plus, they have Laurant Duvernay-Tardiff returning. They could fire again at OT, since Little is on the board, or go Tommy Tremble. Kelce is 31 and FB Anthony Sherman retired.
  • I will admit Pace was not on my radar for this pick, but he is exactly what the team needs, a box safety. I am guessing he will also excel at ST, which is important. 
  • It's a pity they missed Nico Collins, but Terry gives them the size they need at WR. That said, there are a number of ILB on the board, which is also a need and not as deep as WR, See also the need at TE.
  • Woods seems to be a reach at the end of a run on LB, when the attitude should be more BPA.
  • I can see BPA for Melifonwu, but it's a pity they never addressed TE
  • Vasher is a good flier in the 7th. 

Chiefs signing Thuney is kind of a surprise honestly.  They need OT help more than OG help.  Clear sign they will not resign Andrew Wylie which is kind of an insult to him for how well he played and for how long and played cheap I feel.  Not to mention Nick Allegretti where that leaves him?  He was solid this past year and if Duvernay-Tardif comes back to the NFL where is he playing, just sitting on the bench unless they move him to center and let Reiter go?  Mike Remmers is a free agent I believe as well so what they do with him.  Still got a center issue if they cannot sign Reiter but will be interesting what they do.

Cosmi I think would fit the profile absolutely athletically, and is a big need at LT.  Remmers even if resigned is not a LT and Rankins is not either and Niang is not either honestly.  If they like Radunz as a LT then he makes sense as well but profile wise Cosmi is the proven better athlete and is stronger, with the Chiefs development of OL they could make him into a great player.

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 3/15/2021 at 9:41 PM, Ozzy said:

Chiefs signing Thuney is kind of a surprise honestly.  They need OT help more than OG help.  Clear sign they will not resign Andrew Wylie which is kind of an insult to him for how well he played and for how long and played cheap I feel.  Not to mention Nick Allegretti where that leaves him?  He was solid this past year and if Duvernay-Tardif comes back to the NFL where is he playing, just sitting on the bench unless they move him to center and let Reiter go?  Mike Remmers is a free agent I believe as well so what they do with him.  Still got a center issue if they cannot sign Reiter but will be interesting what they do.

Cosmi I think would fit the profile absolutely athletically, and is a big need at LT.  Remmers even if resigned is not a LT and Rankins is not either and Niang is not either honestly.  If they like Radunz as a LT then he makes sense as well but profile wise Cosmi is the proven better athlete and is stronger, with the Chiefs development of OL they could make him into a great player.

Wylie played a lot of positions for them, but none of them well. The question with Allegretti is whether he can play C, since they are letting Reiter walk. It's a real possibility that the team is comfortable with the move and Allegretti did play the middle in college. 

Remmers can play a passable RT while someone else trains up. Niang played RT in college and all the video released to the public shows him working on RT moves, but there is no reason that he cannot play LT. I would not put it past the team to be hiding his work on the left end. Regardless, they are not going to get a plug and play LT at #31, except maybe Eichnberg. If It's a choice between him and training Niang, I know which way I prefer, especially since Niang has been getting professional and individual training for months already. In essence, it has been a redshirt year.

I wish I fully knew Little's medical situation. If they could count on him being ready at any point this year, he is the obvious choice. If not, he's still an obvious option, just at a later point. 

I don't think the team likes Radunz as much as the fanbase does. To a lesser extent, the same applies to McGrone, the LB from Michigan.

About Thuney, you should note that he is an elite pass blocker and that he plays LG. They are looking for veteran help next to a new or out of place player. Also, Thuney stops the revolving door at the position for the next few years at least.

J

Edited by onejayhawk
Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Ozzy changed the title to 2021 7 Round Mock Edited 4/13/21

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...