2021 7 Round Mock Edited 4/13/21

Ozzy

1 hour ago, LinderFournette said:

Eifert is no longer a jaguar(we declined the club option) Meaning we have no proven pass catcher. 

Jags are moving to a 3-4 based on our DC so we need more of the 3-4 olb types and maybe an ilb for development. 

Safety to me seems settled as starters are concerned unless cullen is wanting to do some 3 safety looks and even then we have 2 guys behind them who look like potential options

Oh my mistake, then yeah TE I guess is a bigger need if Eifert was let go.  I did not know they were going to a 3/4, interesting move but fits the players and Malcolm Brown helps a lot in that transition along with Robertson-Harris and Aluala.  Jarrod Wilson is barely a starting safety in the league I feel, Jenkins is a bit better but even he is nothing great.  Wingard I like his potential though as a developmental safety who could be solid long term.  I guess they do have Josh Jones if they bring him back, but never was a huge fan of his either honestly.  Daniel Thomas is a rookie from last year with potential I suppose also.  

First off, great effort on the mock. I could live with this for the Browns. You got our needs pretty well. I'll now offer an in-depth feedback on all the picks.

First off, if we are looking at upside alone, Phillips makes sense; he could injury bust but could also boom. It'd be tough if Horn was fine, but...a lot of us see Jaycee Horn as the last tier-1 guy on the board and would rather grab him in round one and best-DE-available in round two. Phillips definitely has high NFL upside but an insane injury history. If we took Phillips in round two, I'd like it but not love it. In round one, that seems way too risky with Horn and Paye still on the board.

I hope you're wrong about Twyman, as I see him as being worth a second rounder but most have him 3rd-5th round. I would be alright with the pick, though I was hoping we could get him with a third rounder. That said, if we went Horn--DE and CB are both top needs for Cleveland--then Basham would be a nice complement to Myles in round two and we could go DT later.

I like both Ifeautu and J. Cox at their slots in round three. That said, with players like Benjamin Cleveland(!), Milton Williams(!) and Darius Stills on the board, I'd rather grab one of them. I personally feel like Shelvin--also not sure a guy like that fits the style our DC wants, but I may be wrong--is a late round guy so would much rather grab one of those other guys with our first pick in the fourth and then good value with one of the receivers Imatorbhebhe, Collins or Terry with our later fourth. I really like Jamin Davis and would be fine with him in the fourth, especially the fifth; you have him going sixth round as of right now.

In the fifth, there are guys like Odeyingbo--two DE drafted by Cleveland could happen, as we don't have a ton there right now--or maybe guys like Toney or Rashed we might double down on, maybe even another CB like Lenoir or Trill Williams. 

Diablo in the seventh would be nice, as he might fit that hybrid role or DC seems to want.

Awesome work.

P.S.: I believe Ventrell Miller went back to school.

Edited by NudeTayne

On 2/1/2021 at 6:42 PM, Ozzy said:

31 Chiefs: Samuel Cosmi Texas RS JR OT

Love it

63 Chiefs: Patrick Jones II Pitt RS SR DE *

Love it. Wouldn't hate Josh Myers here either.

94 Chiefs: Elerson Smith Northern Iowa SR DE

Hate it. We just took Patrick Jones. Don't need two DE this early, if at all. Surratt, Rice, Long, and McGrone all go shortly after and would be much better.

136 Chiefs: Miller Forristall Alabama RS SR TE

I'm a fan positionally. But I don't know anything about Forristall. Scary Terry, Moses, or Yeboah would be better choices imo.

144 Chiefs: Josh Palmer Tennessee SR WR

Don't know about Palmer, but I like it positionally.

175 Chiefs: Jahad Woods Washington State RS SR LB

Positionally like it, but again, don't know the player.

*181 Chiefs: Janarius Robinson Florida State RS SR DE

Really hate it. This is our 3rd DE taken this draft. We have room for one or two at most.

207 Chiefs: (from Miami/ Pitt): Josh Ball Marshall RS SR OT/OG

Love it

Edited by kingseanjohn

31 Chiefs: Samuel Cosmi Texas RS JR OT
63 Chiefs: Patrick Jones II Pitt RS SR DE 
94 Chiefs: Elerson Smith Northern Iowa SR DE
144 Chiefs: Josh Palmer Tennessee SR WR
181 Chiefs: Janarius Robinson Florida State RS SR DE

I liked your last one better. 

• Cosmi - Makes sense. I would consider Omeh as well.
  • Jones - Since they didn't get Edge in round #1, it's good to get a solid one here. If they do take DE in the 1st, Devin Jordan, go WR. OL is pretty picked.
  • Smith - Take Walker Little, even with Cosmi on board. Smith is redundant to Jones, which is sort of OK. If you go a different direction, McGrone or S. The team has shown interest in Paris Ford and Hamsah Nasirildeen.
  • Forristall - TE is a need. Is this the one to shoot for?
  • Palmer - Likewise. Is this the best big WR on the board?
  • Woods - Decent idea, but this level of player they already have on a futures contract, Omari Cobb
  • Robinson - Hell yes. Even as a third DE, this sort of talent must be taken. If they go another direction with #94, take him in round #4

Edited by onejayhawk

29 Green Bay: Creed Humphrey Oklahoma RS JR C

I feel pretty confident the Packers will not take a C this early in the draft.  Elgton Jenkins was the highest drafted IOL since they took Mike Wahle in the second round of the 1998 supplemental draft.  I don't think that's happening again.  They're almost certainly either going to take an OT or a CB here.  Jaycee Horn [CB; South Carolina] or Samuel Cosmi [OT; Texas] seem like logical picks here.

62 Green Bay: Amari Rodgers Clemson SR WR

Don't see them taking a WR this early.  IF they go OT earlier, this is probably a CB here which means someone like Greg Newsome II [CB; Northwestern] or Asante Samuel [CB; Florida State] makes sense here.  Richie Grant [S; UCF] is a dakhorse here.

92 Green Bay: Camryn Bynum Cal RS SR CB

Think they go CB here, but he could be a potential CB/S hybrid.

6 hours ago, CWood21 said:

I feel pretty confident the Packers will not take a C this early in the draft.  Elgton Jenkins was the highest drafted IOL since they took Mike Wahle in the second round of the 1998 supplemental draft.  I don't think that's happening again.  They're almost certainly either going to take an OT or a CB here.  Jaycee Horn [CB; South Carolina] or Samuel Cosmi [OT; Texas] seem like logical picks here.

Don't see them taking a WR this early.  IF they go OT earlier, this is probably a CB here which means someone like Greg Newsome II [CB; Northwestern] or Asante Samuel [CB; Florida State] makes sense here.  Richie Grant [S; UCF] is a dakhorse here.

Think they go CB here, but he could be a potential CB/S hybrid.

They could got RT type potentially and move Turner back to guard.  I just feel if they do not go center 1st round a top line center might not be there in the 2nd unless they will trade up.  I think moving Jenkins to center would not be best since he has been so good at OG and OT but maybe that is what they want to do which then obviously opens up taking a OT or CB 1st round.  CB is a need but so is WR especially since most likely they cannot resign Lazard.  If they can than that changes things and WR is not as big of a need at all.

CB could go higher no doubt and could go with a different corner.  I need to readdress some things after the free agency tones down.  

4 hours ago, Ozzy said:

They could got RT type potentially and move Turner back to guard.  I just feel if they do not go center 1st round a top line center might not be there in the 2nd unless they will trade up.  I think moving Jenkins to center would not be best since he has been so good at OG and OT but maybe that is what they want to do which then obviously opens up taking a OT or CB 1st round.  CB is a need but so is WR especially since most likely they cannot resign Lazard.  If they can than that changes things and WR is not as big of a need at all.

CB could go higher no doubt and could go with a different corner.  I need to readdress some things after the free agency tones down.  

Except if you go back to the last few centers the Packers have had, they aren't high investments.  Corey Linsley was a 5th round pick, JC Tretter was a 4th round pick, and Scott Wells was a 7th round pick.  It's far more likely they take an OG early and move Jenkins to C then it is they draft a center that high.  Centers don't get that high, and if you're going to use the logic that they don't get the top C if they pass on one in the first round that has to apply to all positions.

I'm not sure why you believe the Packers can't re-sign Lazard.  He's an ERFA this offseason, and a RFA next offseason which means he's locked into Green Bay for at least the next 2 years.

I like most of the updated Bengals draft, but two related things might need to be changed.  One, three WRs seems excessive.  We have Boyd and Higgins to start, plus Chase.  We also have role players/special teamers in Tate, Thomas and even Stanley Morgan.  I can't see going with three WRs, but two isn't out of the question. Secondly, we can't come out of a tackle rich draft class with only a tweener OG/OT guy in Ealy.  Reiff is only on a one year deal, and depth needs addressed for the future.

7 hours ago, CWood21 said:

Except if you go back to the last few centers the Packers have had, they aren't high investments.  Corey Linsley was a 5th round pick, JC Tretter was a 4th round pick, and Scott Wells was a 7th round pick.  It's far more likely they take an OG early and move Jenkins to C then it is they draft a center that high.  Centers don't get that high, and if you're going to use the logic that they don't get the top C if they pass on one in the first round that has to apply to all positions.

I'm not sure why you believe the Packers can't re-sign Lazard.  He's an ERFA this offseason, and a RFA next offseason which means he's locked into Green Bay for at least the next 2 years.

I guess that changes things I thought Lazard was a FA this year.  In terms of the OL, I still think moving Jenkins from OG/OT where he was an Pro bowler early in his career is foolish.  Still if the put him at center they have a massive hole at OG or OT then so it has to be address 1st round or 2nd and maybe again in the draft.  

5 hours ago, Ozzy said:

I guess that changes things I thought Lazard was a FA this year.  In terms of the OL, I still think moving Jenkins from OG/OT where he was an Pro bowler early in his career is foolish.  Still if the put him at center they have a massive hole at OG or OT then so it has to be address 1st round or 2nd and maybe again in the draft.  

I mean, he's probably a Pro Bowl at any OL position other than maybe LT.  Don't think he has that kind of pass protection skills, but I think he's a damn good RT if they needed him.  Think he's an elite IOL though.  They're going to have a "hole" at either LG or C or RG (if they move Lucas Patrick to C).  The Packers drafted 3 IOL last year with Jon Runyan (RT/OG), Jake Hanson (C), and Simon Stepaniak (OG).  And Runyan looked solid in limited PT.  I think it's far more likely that their 3 IOL are one of the guys drafted last year along with Elgton Jenkins and Lucas Patrick.  But it boils down to the fact that I can't justify drafting a C-only prospect that early.

• Like 1

First 3 rounds are home run picks for the Bills. 

Not a fan of a mid round RB. Would prefer to go Cornell Powell there. Also not sure they’d take another CB and DE late in the draft as they took Epenesa and Dane Jackson last year and both have looked solid enough. IDL, Safety or another OL would be my preference in rounds 5-7 instead of those picks.

But Horn, Basham and Jackson is a great trio to come away with.

31 Chiefs: Jalen Mayfield Michigan RS SOPH OT/OG
63 Chiefs: Patrick Jones II Pitt RS SR DE
94 Chiefs: Cameron McGrone Michigan RS SOPH ILB
144 Chiefs: Jonathan Adams Jr Arkansas State SR WR
181 Chiefs: Janarius Robinson Florida State RS SR DE

Much better.

• Mayfield is nice. He has played RT, but has the tools for LT. He an Lucas Niang can be bookends for the next decade.
  • Jones is good too. DE is a priority with Tanoh Kpassagnon signing with the Saints.
  • McGrone makes sense, but also consider Walker Little and Hamsah Nasirildeen. Little is elite talent at a bargain price, like Niang last year. HN is everything you want in a physical safety, while Dan Sorensen is 31 and on a one year contract.
  • Forristall makes sense, but you are passing over Nico Collins and Tamorrion Terry, not to mention Dayo Odeyingbo.
  • Adams is odd with Odeyingbo on the board. DE is a position to double down. Or you could pick DO first Forristall or Yeboah here.
  • Woods is odd because he's a LB when you have McGrone. These two picks is where I would take WR. 
  • Why Robinson over Payton Turner?

J

As always, kudos on a 7 rounder.

As for the Packers, nothing surprises me after last year but I’d be very surprised if they went interior OL in the first and a S in the third. 

Other than that I like the rest of it, especially dropping some Badgers in there in the later rounds at positions of need.

Well done.